main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

absolutely, I agree. It made perfect sense. :)

2. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    LOL, I had to re-read what I wrote because I couldn't remember what I was talking about...

I was always bothered by the Chief's baby not being as 'special' even though it is half cylon, but if Earth was populated by cylons, and in that marketplace scene I didn't see any obvious duplicates, then they must have been able to have kids... and maybe they found earth as a wasteland because they didn't have the 5th cylon with them. If she had been there, maybe they would have jumped in time or something... I wish they had given more of an indication of how long Starbuck's body was there...did they say how long the radio signal had been going to be that weak or was it just damaged in the crash?

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

From the brief shots of the crash scene and the body, it appeared to me as though it fit the timeline. The Starbuck the Skeleton still had hair and some skin on her face...I dont think they've seriously damaged the timeline credibility. Besides, it does appear that they are toying with some time travel ideas, or at least setting us up for them. I am still praying whatshername is not the 5th and that whathisname was just missing her real real bad...and hallucinating because the water was so cold...or something.

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    what if they are all cylons? Like the bodies on earth....

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I am ready for some BSG...anyone else? [face_mischief]

6. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I just have one thing to say about tonights episode...I hate Felix, and hope he dies the most painful death imaginable, complete with torture and the loss of the rest of his limbs...what a sorry waste of flesh he has become. Frakking pathetic.

[face_skull]

7. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    aw crap, I killed the thread. [face_whistling]

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
  9. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
  10. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I'm glad they cleared that up about the chief's baby tho, that was really starting to bug me...and yes, Felix is the new Baltar, without the charming good looks (at times). [face_mischief]

11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I love that Starbuck gives him crap! He needs a kick upside the head.

12. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Umm, yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with ya there.

Gaeta has been through some major crap. He had some serious trauma during the webisodes where he found out an Eight was frakkin him and killing his jailed friends, he lost his leg due to Starbuck's Captain Ahab impression, he was almost airlocked for being Baltar's VP (even though he was integral in helping the resistance), and, to top it off, nobody appreciates his deep baritone!

He has been getting crapped on left and right and he's not going to take it anymore. I totally don't blame him. He's surrounded by Cylon-lovers (from his POV), and he has already mutinied before, so he knows what he's getting into...sort of.

It will be interesting to see where Gaeta and Zarek think they should go and what they're next steps should be. Is this just a mutiny of frustration or do they "have a plan?"

13. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I think I just turned against him when he didn't realize that the list he was giving to the cylon was getting everyone on the list killed and not released. I can understand that he wanted to believe that 'good' was happening from his actions, but he convinced himself that he saw those people that were supposedly released and kept 'helping'. He's just coming off as really unstable. The comment about not having a gun to his head to help the cylons was also pretty interesting... That and he seems to be really sweaty all the time...what's up with that? Did their anti-persperant supply suddenly run out? [face_whistling]

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i guess a person can only take so much before they snap. Well i still want to kick him upside the head. Especially from what i saw from the previews...you don't mess with the old man.

15. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I haven't watched a single one of the new episodes.

I keep thinking I should. As in, "Awe man, I really ought to start watching Galactica again." Then I think, TV watching is supposed to be a pleasure, not a chore.

Watching Galactica a frakking chore. Imagine that.

[face_frustrated]

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I am prolly gonna have to catch tonights episode online later in the weekend. I work until 8. Might want to start looking at a DVR, I suppose. o_O

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    it will [sentor palpatine in robot chicken]change your life[/sentor palpatine in robot chicken]

hehehe

18. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Hopefully you won't think of it as a chore. They're on a sprint to the end and it's going incredibly awesome. The first episode of the last 10 will totally rock your socks off and is worth watching every minute.

These are characters we've grown to love and care about. We want there to be some sort of golden lining at the end of this incredibly, frakkin' difficult journey they've been on since minute 5.

Give them a chance and you will never regret it. I'm glad that Obi_Wannabe turned me onto the show many moons ago and then I did the same for my significant other and it is more than Must Watch TV, it's the show that we watch the same night we DVR it. Now that's dedication!

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ^^Ditto...there are only three shows I do that with...

BSG
    LOST
    Supernatural. (hehe)

20. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    BSG was awsome tonight...

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    MOTHER FRACKER!!

Felix can go to hell! sorry i just finished man oh man. i don't even know what to say.

22. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    No wonder my sister called me last night screaming about the show. I hadn't watched it yet so had to hang up on her ;-)

now that I've seen it
    THAT WAS SUCH AN AMAZING EPISODE! Welcome back, Starbuck that I love.

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

i KNOW! I had to watch it on my pc with me earbuds and I started cheering when she started shooting. I lurves me some Starbuck. [face_love]

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    finally i am up to date on that show.
    im glad starbuck is back to her old self.
    glad the pres and the admiral finally got to it and quit playing coy with each other.
    SO SO SO glad Dee blasted her brain matter out.
    hope the VP and Gaeta are forced to go through airlock decompression sequence slowly.
    Baltar gets called out for being a nut job and spends the rest of his life miserable.

My hopes for the final shows.
    LEE ADAMA DIES.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    NONONO the old man must live!