Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

chill baby chill...He said Lee. Apollo? [face_mischief] :p

but we are fools if we think there wont be a serious bodycount by the time all is said and done. HP and the Deathly Hollows anyone?
  2. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    I know that I officially HATE Felix at this point and Mr Zarek is fulfilling his role as they have lead up to but I do like Richard in this part.

Saul and Bill, just like Butch and Sundance as they said. I loved that! Cylon and Human, friends to the end!

Great Episode Friday! =D=
  3. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

APOLLO cannot die either...he and starbuck need to live happily ever after. LOL so i am a dork!
  4. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    lol, you are a dork. I dont think Starbuck could live happily ever after with herself, much less with another person. :p

plus, not so much into Lee/Apollo since he became a politician...Jamie in a 3 piece suit aint teh secksay like Jamie in green vinyl.
  5. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    ehhh i would take him either way. hehehe but i got what you are saying. ;)
  6. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    HOLY FRACK!!!!!!!!!

i need to process will post more later.
  7. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I thought it was very sweet to see Starbuck stick with Anders, despite everything that was going on at the time. I'd been disappointed that the writers hadn't addressed their relationship one way or the other since she found out he was a cylon... I'm glad we finally have some development on that.
  8. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    agreed, it needed to be addressed and it showed how her attitude toward cylons is changing. I think at the end Felix's mind snapped, and he realized what a terrible mistake he made trusting the VP. Was the itching of his leg symptomatic of his internal struggle to make the world right as he saw it? and once his decision was made for him, it stopped itching. Although, I don't think I'd want those for my last words. :p
  9. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    great show. glad to see those to eat bullets.

im concerned about the stress fractures on the walls by the FTL. that cant be good for the ship.
  10. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah. I assume those were pre-existing and caused by general wear and tear without proper maintenance, and weren't a result of what Tyrol did to sabotage the FTL drive?
  11. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Josh had the idea that the stress fractures would have caused the ship to break up if they HAD jumped, which may mean that until the repairs are complete, they're stuck near the dead earth.
  12. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree. I think they're probably stuck for the time being.

I know that things are really rough for the crew... but don't they have a regular inspection schedule for important things like, oh, say, the FTL JUMP DRIVE? I'm surprised that noone noticed this problem before now. o_O
  13. Jedi_Pilot Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not terribly surprised at the hull fractures, as the Galactica hasn't seen the inside of a repair dock in at least 5 years. In fact given the beatings she's taken I think I'm more surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Of course they did have a year over New Caprica to make some repairs. [face_thinking]
  14. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont want it to end...
  15. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not surprised at the damage. I'm just surprised that they aparently didn't know about it before now. I can understand a lot of things slipping, but the FTL is essential. It should have had some sort of regular check.
  16. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I imagine with them being shorthanded, some things have slipped, especially when they were more concerned with the fighting. It looked like that area he was in was a really hard to get to spot, and he just happened to look up there an see it. we were theorizing how the 5th can come back, and I think that when they killed her on New Caprica the resurection ship must have been in range still.
  17. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree. I was confused at first, but then I remembered that it was quite a while from the time she died to the time the resurrection ship was destroyed.

Still wondering though - if she resurrected on the ship, how did the regular models miss seeing her? Miss knowing there were unfamiliar bodies waiting for downloads? Is it a hidden section on the ship? A different ship? Or did some of them know after all? For all that they were programmed to not think of the Five, they'd have to notice someone new wandering around...
  18. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    I was shocked but not surprised that Mr Zarek had the Quorum shot! I have been waiting for Him to finally show up. He was on a prison vessel for a reason, no doubt. What a snake but got his just dessert by the end of the Ep! [face_devil]

I thought Starbuck was willing to put a bullet thru Sam's head if she found out he was a cylon, so why is she trying to save his life? Women and their machines.:rolleyes: [face_mischief]

I thought that it was a great show of character having Felix and Baltar with their conversation before Felix's execution. They have been thru so much together and even though there were rifts, they were friends in the end, when it really mattered. I always enjoy seeing that in any human story.

I like the ending so far...
  19. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Like with Heroes, I haven't been really happy with the way the show was going over the last season or so, but the last few eps have been total mind jobs. I'm especially glad to see how the fleet civil war ended up --they are definitely making a good sprint to the finish.

Granted, there are some major things that are bound to come up... like Brother Cavil and his band of merry maurading Cylons, and of couorse there's Ellen. They haven't used much CGI the last few eps, so that budget is no doubt being saved for some hella big special effects in the last few eps.

It's going to be one heck of a ride. And I don't want it to end, either.
  20. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was happy with the way things turned out. I think my bodycount would have been much higher. Isnt it customary to shoot all members of a mutiny, not just the masterminds?

NOT looking forward to the next episode. I will gladly admit I am wrong if it turns out okay, but I have great trepidations about the route they are taking with the fifth (of the final five).
  21. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    Based on the editing and the fact that Tyrol ripped something out of the FTL, I'm sure that had cascading effects. I think the damage he saw was a result of what he did to sabotage the FTL.

In either case, they are indeed stuck...unless they install the super-super, now with extra kick, Cylon FTL drive. I don't think they'll address this plot point in the next episode as that does seem to be Ellen-centric and what she's been up to the past 1,000 years or so since the nuking of Earth.

22. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

ITA...just didnt want to argue with the physicists. ;)
  23. FanForced Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Tyrol left some of his hand bits in there too. They should get a Clorox wipe in there.

24. Doni Jedi Knight

star 3
    M'kay, so I watched it last night. Without having watched any of the new episodes this season. That was kind of trippy. On the plus side, this seemed to be infodump/flashback week. I'm going to try to catch up with the other episodes. Honest.

I really like the plot line about Galactica falling apart. It makes sense, it's tragic and critical, and I have a prediction: they're going to kill Galactica in the last episode.

But this has been my problem with the last season and a half, ever since they left New Caprica: there's a few good threads, but everything else leaves me thinking, Huh? Where did that come from? Why? Why those five? I mean, really? Not to mention really having to mess with characters like Callie, Gaeta, and Starbuck to get those plotlines to work. And having to throw out their own rules. Like I guess Hera isn't the special hybrid chosen one since we've got at least two other cylon babies cooking.

Question for people who've watched all the eps.: Does Chief know that Tory killed Callie?
  25. Darklord49 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm sorry but the person who is the final cylon (trying to be spoiler free) is stupid, and I think it's a waste of a dang good plot device. I really didn't like last nights episode compared to everything else in season 4 and 4.5 so far shown. We'll see I hope it gets better.

Austin-
    TK-1649
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby