main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Tig's (sp? the XO) wifes a Cylon, just an opinion, she's also a slut. I haven't seen most of the episodes but I have seen the mini movie and I most of the last few episodes, Anybody up for a BSG night friday? Season finale and all!!! They did take away my idea for a Star Wars meets new BSG fan fiction, I was going to use the Jedi and Clones and blow a Basestar. :(

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    bumparoonie

3. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I know I'm coming in late on this topic but with the new season right around the corner, I thought I would just add the this is the best Sci-Fi on TV. It is compelling and the atmosphere is done with excellent detail.
    The actors are top-notch and who couldn't love Edward James as Adama! I love that it can stand apart from it's predecessor. The new twist of the human race creating the Cylons makes for a deeper story and I love that.

Course, what I really love is that I have a picture with Grace Park's (Boomer) arm around me. :D

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I just was able to see the rest of the season of Eps 4-13 and I am absolutely impressed by this series. It has me very excited to see the next season.

Does anyone know when it starts up?

5. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Yes, it starts in July but not sure the exact date.
    Gonna be awesome with that cliffhanger!

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Supposedly tonight AFN Spectrum (a military V channel here) plays th mini series at 8PM. The downside is that they don't say which time zone the 2000 is that they are talking about. If it's Kuwait time, then I can see some of it. If it's European time, then I'm out of luck.

Does anyone have the miniseries and the first 3 episodes? I barely saw them when I was in Williamsburg, and I'd like to try and catch up on that if possible. Thanks!

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    New season starts July 15th if I remember right. Just around the corner. w00t.

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Your right, 7/15 :D

9. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yippee! i am glad because Stargate starts at the same time...but man i have NO time to watch TV.

10. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    This sucks now, are they going reshow the friday night shows on Monday again? I've got hockey on Friday nights now. I really want to see the season.

11. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    If you TIVO it, does that mean you can burn it to DVD or copy it to VHS?

12. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    oh yeah two weeks!!! :)

13. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    So with the premiere coming up, how about some speculation on one of the cliffhangers from the season finale? Just why did Galactica-Boomer go and shoot Adama?

Given the timing, it must have something to do with her having just confirmed that she was in fact a human-form Cylon. But what chain of thought led her from this revelation/confirmation to deciding to asassinate Adama? Previously when she suspected herself of being a Cylon, she seemed more concerned with the possibility that she might hurt someone, mixed together with dispair over being something that she and everyone else hated. I don't have a particularly favorite theory, these are just some of the possibilities I've thought of.

Hypothosis 1: She's pissed as heck at Adama. She thinks that he knew that she was an unwitting Cylon and was using her to make sure the mission would succeed. (Thinking perhaps that a human ship with a Cylon transmitter had a better chance of being allowed to the Basestar with an actual Cylon pilot than with a plain human?) Or, even if she doesn't think he was using her specifically for that, she might think that he knew about what she was and for whatever reason, didn't tell her.

Hypothosis 2: Her Cylon programming activated sometime on the trip back to Galactica. She's just a mean Cylon now, taking advantage of her access to assasinate the military leader of the pathetic humans.

Hypothosis 3: Her programming hasn't activated as such, but things have gone all to hell and she's confused enough that she thinks her switching of sides is inevitable and she might as well get it over with.

Hypothosis 4: This is an elaborate suicide. Having found that she couldn't go through with it herself, she figures that killing Adama is the faster way to make sure someone kills her.

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I think it's because Booomer on Caprica was exposed by Starbuck. They used whatever FTL communication they have to subconciusly activate her and do the most damage that she could. namely shooting Adama.

If Adama is actually a Cylon, then this probably will take eyes off of him. (I never saw the episode where he and the Pres were really distrusting eachother --# 9 I think).

On top of the Boomer issue (there's a pretty thought ;) ), is the issue of the micro-coup by Apollo, the arest of the President, the baby that the chick and Baltar found, and a couple of other major/minor cliffhangers. All around, this is going to friggen rock!!!

So, who is going to be watching this on the North end of town, and can I either join you, or get a tape or DVD of this??? :D

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wait, did they find a real baby? I thought that was just some weird vision, not reality?

Either way, this begs the question... why do the Cylons want a Cylon-hhuman hybrid?

16. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Me, too. If someone could kindly make a DVD of it, and a copy for me also, I would greatly appreciate it. I've got a game that night. I'll hey it from you at the BBQ the next day.

17. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    There is a replay of the whole season all day long on Wednesday!

18. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    On the Sci-Fi channel? What time does it start?

19. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I like Obey-Wann's idea about the discovery of the Caprica Boomer, I hadn't thought of that.

I was going with the "suicide by cop" theory. We've seen that there's something in her programming that won't let her kill herself. She may have assumed that if she shot Adama, she'd be instantly filled with holes. Didn't work, and I can't WAIT to see what happens next.

They're all ******. ;)

20. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    10 days and counting! Whoo-Hoo!!!! :D

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Yay!

Time to start lurking on the prop boards again and see if anyone's located the Viper flightsuit material yet. I've had no luck so far. :p

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I was going with the "suicide by cop" theory. We've seen that there's something in her programming that won't let her kill herself. She may have assumed that if she shot Adama, she'd be instantly filled with holes. Didn't work, and I can't WAIT to see what happens next.

Ah. I hadn't thought of that possibility; I just assumed that she didn't have the nerve to go through with it at the last minute. But this idea makes sense... it's very consistent with her failure in the earlier suicide attempt, with the timing of this possible (indirect) second attempt, and with the choice to do it this way rather than trying herself again. But I wouldn't count her not-killed yet. They may not have shot her full of holes instantly, but there's still plenty of time to give her the death sentence. They're nothing if not trigger happy. Or air-lock happy.

Alternatively, the question of whether her programming was activated by Caprica-Boomer's cover being blown on Caprica. Hmm. Interesting idea. But, a few questions about this line of thought. First, do the other Cylons know for sure that Caprica-Boomer's cover has been blown? If she were in their link enough for them to know this, then surely they could also find her, and she and what's-his-name wouldn't have escaped for this long. In the beginning, their escape was a ruse, but I don't think it has been one since Boomer failed to take him to the cabin. But let's say they could know that what's-his-face has found out, without a Cylon link. Why would this necessitate the activation of Galactica-Boomer? They're stuck on Caprica, with no current way to communicate with Galactica. There shouldn't be any way for them to pass along the info without escaping, and I assume the Cylons are going to do their best to stop that from happening. If they activated G-Boomer because of what happened on the planet, it implies that they're assuming that they won't stop the humans from escaping. But why would they do that? *shrug* This doesn't rule out this theory, but the timing seems a little off to me. It would make more sense for them to activate her when they knew for sure that the cat was out of the bag, ie after they've failed to stop Starbuck and the other guy from getting back to the Fleet. I dunno. Maybe they have a reason that they want the Starbuck and the guy to escape back to Fleet, and the fight at the museum was only a ruse?

23. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Just saw on NBC, they're showing last season's last 3 episodes and my BlackBerry is a little slow and for the life of me I can't remember what day. I think it's Friday.
    For the Boomer issue, don't just about her. Remember the hot Cylon chick kept telling her boy toy (can't think of his name) he needed to be off the Galatica. She kept insisting and insisting. She hinted that something was going to happen. It had nothing to do with the Caprica Boomer being found by Starbuck. It had been a cylon plot all along.

24. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Yeah, there's something weird going on with the whole Boomer model of Cylon--they seem particularly independent and prone to rebellion, so maybe they aren't in the loop as much as the other models. I have a feeling they're not done laying surprises on us. Anything can happen! <maniacal laughter>

Helo is the guy with the Caprica Boomer. He's my favorite character after those last couple episodes.

Predictions, anyone? BIG SPOILER ALERT...

1. Helo, Boomer, and Starbuck make it back to Galactica on the stolen Cylon fighter.
    2. Adama isn't dead, but he might be all comatose for the first few episodes. This puts Tighe in charge. *shudder* The Pres and Apollo will stay in the brig until Starbuck gets back and justifies everything they did.
    3. G-Boomer is in the brig. They keep her alive until C-Boomer arrives. Then...??? I have no idea.
    4. The planet Kobold. Our crashed heroes. Balthar and Chicky-babe. Once again, I have no idea. I do think the President will end up there with the arrow and discover something Way Cool. But that'll be a few episodes down the road.

I'll say it again...they're all ******.

25. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Fracked I do believe is the word you're looking for. I think the arrow is going to validate the Earth myth. Since Cobol has been found and if I do remember corretly, Cobol was also a myth.