main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I think the piano player is her father (duh) and that he is Daniel and that he is actually actively communicating with her the same way someone or something is communicating with Hera. I think Starbuck is a hybrid.

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I agree. I think that was Daniel, somehow communicating with her, and that he is her father. I wasn't sure at first, but I tend to think that he was just in her head and not physically there... if you look at the last scene in the bar, the guy was right there next to her on second, Tigh grabs her shoulder, and suddenly the guy is gone. The way that she pauses after saying "my father", just as she has turned back to where the guy had been, and the way she goes suddenly quietly upset... I think she realizes at that point that the guy had been in her head and not really there.

It was a good storyline, but I have to admit they cut it off a little sooner than I was expecting. It's interesting that Hera drew the notes, yes, but I'm disappointed that this is the point Ellen and Tigh focus on afterwards. It felt like they missed the fact that Starbuck already knew the song before Hera gave her the notes; that her father taught her to play it. In addition to Hera, they should have been discussing that aspect, and starting to put together the clues about Starbuck. I really hope that they follow up on this thread next week.

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i agree about them focusing that Hera drew it and not realizing that Starbuck said it was a song my father taught me. I didn't put together that her dad was Daniel. TOTALLY makes sense.

if Starbuck is a hybrid it brings up some questions. she obviously died. does that mean she was resurrected somewhere? is that why want Hera, to make hybrids of her?

Poor, poor Chief, he got the shaft again. I think he was about to pass out when he realized Boomer took Hera. That sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach.

only three shows left..i cannot believe it...i am very sad.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

Posting from March 2005. :)

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I loved the last episode. I've always been drawn in by the artistry of the show. Like when Starbuck is talking about the mission being the same as last week. The audio overlap, the cuts, there's an emotion that comes through.

And the other thing I love is the acting. Chief when he hears that Hera is gone and then he's running through the mind house. Gaaah, my heart just crumpled up.

Hats off.

I am so ready to start losing some main characters. I mean, it's gotta happen for the end of the series. Let's start with Rosyln, she sucks.

6. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    It looked like she collapsed when Hera jumped away...were they linked somehow since she had blood from Hera?

I predict that Galactica will only be able to make one jump and then will have a firey death, with the admiral going down with his ship. [face_whistling]

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yep. Starbuck had to have been resurrected somewhere. Someone else had to have been involved too - new ship, new clothes, dogtags, transportation to the nebula, ect. At this point... my guess is Cavil. I think it was all part of his big plan.

As for why he wants Hera, good question. My guess is that it has to do with whatever she is "connected" to; whether to gain access himself, or to stop the Fleet/Rebel Cylons from having access. Or who knows - maybe, given his anti-human/anti-human-form feelings, maybe he's simply offended by her existence and just wants to get rid of her.

I was really sad that Boomer ended up doing this. I'd really been hoping that she'd end up back on the right side of things.

8. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007

9. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Wow --good show!

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    It felt a bit short to me...next week looks AWESOME!

I am sad it is almost over. :_|

11. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Abandon ship? Abandon Galactica? Noooo! :_|

12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I had a fear the series would end like the Gunslinger books, and really got sad. [face_worried]

13. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    It looks like from the preview that they are going to take her on one final mission, perhaps to find the cylon colony or maybe hurl her into the sun....

o_O

14. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I can see her jumping in and pulling a Pegasus... but with Anders at the controls?

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Meh... kinda weird. I'm not sure I follow what was up with what they seemed to be going with Starbuck. It really sounded like Daniel-is-her-father last week, but now there is the whole thing with Balter claiming people simply come back from the dead? WTH? o_O

And how are they going to close everything up in just another 2 episodes?

16. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    all I know is they have alot of questions to answer in the last 2 epoisdes...I cant wait...

17. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Yeah, waaaay too many questions to answer in just 3 hours of TV time, methinks.

...so is anyone DVRing this during the wedding, or are we going to bring in a TV with cable to watch it? [face_devil]

18. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Linda and I Tivo :p every episode. Who watches live tv anymore when there's the glorious invention of Tivo? Wouldn't miss any of these last episodes for the world.

The next episode "Daybreak" comes on Friday at 8 pm and 10 pm and then again next Friday, the 20th at 6 and 7 pm.

19. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    I hate live tv....

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

ME LOST...only show i watch LIVE...everything else TiVo'd. even football.

21. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Penultimate episode tonight!

2 hour series finale next Friday!

So say we all!

22. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    Dont forget there having some kind of specail on Monday night...Maybe a recap im not sure what it is...

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    moved to right thread...too many windows opened. DOH!

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Did anyone watch the Last Frackin' Special?

25. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    We just did.
    I heard nothing Boomer said. When she smiles like that, I can only watch her dimples.
    I thought it was really good. It made me wanna cry.