main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i am going to watch it late tonite. I have free tickets to comedy works. so i am like ok...i don't have to watch commericals. *sigh* i am sad.

so say we all.

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP. WORST.ENDING.EVER

3. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I think those 2 at the very end were the 'brain' ones that only Gaius and Caprica could see...

So did Anders really know what Kara was and that's why he said 'see you on the other side'? And how many times had she died before I wonder.....

Are they cylons still out there ruling the galaxy? o_O

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    no way, i think it was a well rounded "ending" that answered enough and left just things unanswered that the spin offs can have a little fun.

on the other side of the coin... i dont thing that the writers had a complete enough vision when they threw monkey wrenches into the story line. a bit of bad planning for this ending.

i am a little conflicted. i still dont know what starbuck is!

5. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Callie is avenged!

That's all I really cared about anymore.

I think Chief has the best story arc of the whole show. His ending makes the most sense: "You all suck. I'm going to go live on an island by myself. Ciao!"

6. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001

sorry, that was me, not kim

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Personally I enjoyed the ending. There were a few parts that made me chuckle. Although I have to say the best part about this entire series was the musical score. It was spectacular. Far above and beyond normal music for a TV show.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i think it was great...sad to see starbuck gone...i wanted her and lee to have lots of babies. :) sad to see roslyn pass and the old man so sad...when he put the ring on her finger i teared up.

I LOVE that chief kicked Tory's ass!! Perfect! I think it was a decent end. Not left wondering about anything or what not. Very clear cut...here we are this is REALLY the end.

9. jedigold

jedigold Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    I watched it last night. I thought it was one of the best series finales I've seen out of shows in a long time. My fav show used to be Star Trek Deep Space Nine and I thought that was the worst ending ever written for a show. At least this one explained why people were gone- such as Roslin just having the cancer so it was set up for her to go. I'm such a softy though that I spent half the show crying and my eyes are still swollen this morning. It was a great ending.

10. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    The rescue mission battle KICK A@#! I liked seeing Jonathan leaning all forward to watch, hehe. Starbuck had her soilder face on, COOL. She looked as sharp as a razor. Baltar and 6's scene waiting with guns behind the cargo was very well done. Good dialogue and touch of humor with the angels ("heads").

The touchy-feeling ending was sad. I hated seeing Chief, Lee, and Adama each alone at the end. I didn't think the Opera House came to fruition in enough of a way. That 6 and Baltar ended up walking her the last 10 steps into the CIC didn't match the original message. We were originally led to believe that 6 and Baltar wanted her. We haven't heard 6 refer to Hera as "our child" in a while. Kara being an angel was hokay. It does mirror some biblical stories of angels to guide but not to save the day or force beyond free-will. And religion has been a part of the show since Season 1. So, forgiven.

I loved that they did not set up a city and drag the natives into their technology. It was the right thing to do to show a lesson learned and a return to the simple. I liked Hera's "purpose" in the end. That she ended up being Lucy for our Earth was perfect.

And of course, as I've commented many times before, I always go back to the artistry. That is the reason why, as Jonathan watched it on his own in the living room, I couldn't walk past it without looking back. And then got sucked in. The scene where Starbuck punches in the jump coordinates--stunningly beautiful.

Thank you, BSG.

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I loved it...was completely satisfied, or as much so as I think is possible under the circumstances. I have seen the fruition of many loves, and I think this is by far the best.

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Ya know, I was so hoping for the expected finish where the Cylons and Humans would make peace and all would be right in the universe. And when that happened, for the first time ever in my life, I actually screamed at the TV in much the same way that football nerds scream at interceptions.

All in all, though, I was pleased with the end result. I'm pretty sure Katee Sackhoff is going to get mobbed with questions at Starfest about what her character really was at the end of the series.

13. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    And I bet you, she doesn't really know. Some say she was a Jesus/Messiah, others just an angel.

14. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Why would anyone ask her. She's not a writer, she's just an interpreter. :p

I dont plan on asking her anything...I doubt my mouth will work anyway, so I might just pretend to be mute. [face_mischief]

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh SOMEONE will ask her...

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    oh, I totally agree that SOMEONE will, but it wont be me...and if I am anywhere near when it happens, I will roll my eyes with gusto and judge them harshly.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    :rolleyes: [face_laugh]

18. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

I definitely think she ended up being the messiah for the humans and cylons and was from the moment she died on nuked-Earth (or in her Viper). She just had more substance than Head Six and Head Baltar.

Once she led them to their promised land, her job was done and she had moved on.

19. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    yeah, but what of the Hybrid's and Sam's gibberish about Kara Thrace being the harbinger of doom?

Seems to me, she lead them to paradise. Hardly Doom.

20. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    If you consider the fact that they abandoned all technology and their civilization, it was the 'end' of them as a people and the beginning of them as a new race. Maybe that was how she brought about doom....

21. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    http://www.tvloop.com/battlestar-galactica/show/videos/battlestar-best-quote-harbinger-of-death-20418&auto=true

har·bin·ger (härbn-jr) KEY

NOUN:

One that indicates or foreshadows what is to come; a forerunner.
    TRANSITIVE VERB:
    har·bin·gered , har·bin·ger·ing , har·bin·gers
    To signal the approach of; presage.

So, vague enough to work [face_skull]

22. jedigold

jedigold Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    Thank you for the definintion. It really does shed some light on the message. :)

23. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I like the way it ended......I Think...not to sure...Will watch it again.

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    yeah im a little behind the times. just finished it.

ok im gonna have to side with me clone. THAT SUCKED.

first things first. i know they have been going on for 4 seasons about how roslin was supposed to die. but pitha said it was supposed to be a dieing leader. not the leader who stepped down. they so could have saved her somehow. she was one that i wanted to see live after all. grrrr.

and starbuck. ok i get her grand role. she was the one to lead them all to a new home. fine with that. but the whole POOF im gone never to be seen again thing? whats up with that. i dont like that. i think it was a cheap way to tie up all the loose ends they made for that character. hey lets make her some messenger of god and take her away rather than answering questions. they did they same thing with the leobin part of it. they really start screwing with what she is and leobin runs away and you dont see crap of him again. maybe they should figure out what they are going to do with a character before they start making all this crazy stuff happen and then run away when they cant come up with an answer.

The adamas. im glad they finally started getting along. i was sick of the family fighting after the first season. but they didnt have to leave the old man alone.

AND LEE LIVED!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!! i have been hoping for his death since the show started. mostly for the above mentioned family crap he caused.

the cylons and the final 5 and the opera house.

I liked how they pulled the opera house off. this whole time they are making it seem like caprica and baltar were trying to take her away. then BOOM they save her.

Chief. they just loved picking on that guy. everything about that guy was about misery and suffering. he could never catch a break. EVER. i dont blame they guy for running away and spending his days away from people.

colonel and Mrs drunker. wonder if cylons go through the DTs? cause the way those two drank and no pub, brewery, still or AA for another 145,000 years......yeah they are screwed.

tory. w00t taken out like a extra in a snuff film. good riddance to her.

the thing i did not like with the cylons was they never did address the issue with the remaining skin jobs that were still roaming around. they colony was pretty well screwed at the end but they got a bunch of data on ressurection. they so could have gotten the data off and finished remaking it. they even mentioned base ships jumping in and out. could that faction have remade the tech and still be out there?

I did like how john blew his own brains out at the last second. that was funny. but kind of a cheap way of wrapping things up with him.

overrall the last 2 minutes. huh? good music. but they kind of made it a warning about technology advancing and it could lead to our own doom. that was odd.

im done.

25. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    So is everyone curious about "Caprica"? Jonathan said it starts in April. I wish I had a longer break, even though the two shows seems very different.