main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Fracked. Yes. Exactly.

And Starbuck is going to completely flip out when she gets back to Galactica and finds out what's happened.

2. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Anybody seen the previews for next season? WOW! Tigh declares Martial Law.

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000

What time will this be on?

4. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Sorry, but you already missed it. Started at 7. The preview was fracking awesome. Adama just might die, what a twist! Tigh will be in command, a lot dealing with both Sharon's (Boomer). The Chief is accused of being a Cylon.man o man. Can't wait!

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Huh. Why is BG playing on NBC? (Tev, it looks like it was Sat, since I'm seeing it on tv right now.) Did anyone catch how the opening sequence was different? It was a lot shorter, I think the music might have been altered, and they added some text lines... something about how many survivors they had and the fact that they were looking for Earth.

Hmm. I forgot that Cylon Chick had insisted that Gyus get off Galactica. Interesting. But is it really because of G-Boomer? Her shooting of Adama doesn't seem to have posed an immediate enough threat to have necessitated such a strong "get the hell out of dodge" order. This makes me think that there is something else coming... either that G-Boomer set up something else catastrophic to happen before she shot Adama, or else there is some sort of major outside Cylon attack coming.

There definitely does seem to be something going on with the Boomer model. I wonder if there's something with Cylon Chick as well? Or is she just acting when she gets all upset at Gyus being interested in other women?

Time for the season premiere... ach, I don't know. I believe it's 10pm here on the west coast - at least that's what it was last season - but I have no idea if the same holds for Co. And I've never had any luck getting the scifi channel website to give me reliable showtimes. Even if I think I've set the parameters right, I still somehow get the wrong coast feed half the time.

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Cool. They had a "special exclusive preview" at the end of the NBC showing of last season's finale. A lot of the scenes were ones from the commercial run on the scifi channel, but a few were new.

On another subject... a new idea occured to me when my dad was asking about whether Cylon Chick was really there talking to Gyus. One of the theories about why/how Gyus sees her is what she said herself back at the beginning: that she planted a device in his brain. Though, she said "maybe", right? Anyway, another theory: there's the Cylon thing where if one of them dies, the consciousness is transfered to another waiting Cylon body, right? What if, rather than transfering to a new Cylon body, her consciousness was somehow transfered to Gyus?

7. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    As to why BSG is being shown on NBC, the networks are connected somehow. There are a couple more cable channels that all fall under the same corporate umbrella. I think it's a smart move to get people to watch the show. I just think it's funny to watch BSG on NBC instead of ABC where the original show was aired.

That's what saying earlier, Taeriel. She was telling Gyus to get off because of this, the shooting of Adama. But I do have to saythat I think with G-Boomer being tasked with the mission to nuke the Basestar, it put crimp in there plans.

Here's what I think;
    One or both of the Boomers is acting independently of the Cylons. The G-Boomer coming in contact with her "clones" must've awoke some hidden directive preprogramed in her. That was why she shot Adama.

As for the hot Cylon chick, I think she was just using that to get Gyus off the ship and down on Kobol to show him all that she did. I don't think there was much more to it than that. But I could be wrong.

Just a little note I just thougt of, somewhere earlier on this thread someone asked about the low tech and high tech. Well during the original war with the Cylons, the Cylons were able to get in to humans computer systems and much like in the original mini series pilot, they could shut down the systems and pick off the humans like shooting fish in barrel. Thus a lot systems like the communications and regular computers are of older tech levels and yet they have FTL drives.

As far as the season goes, I remember before I got my car and I was still living in Edgewater, I got off earlier on Fridays and would get home around 9 and catch the last 15 minutes or so of the show. I remember they replayed again later in the night. And they also played it again on Monday night. I hope they do that again because I have hockey on Friday nights now and I am the most important player on my team. The goalie. It sucks, why couldn't we play on Monday nights?

8. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    6 days and counting!!!!!! Whoo-Hoo!!!!!!

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    That's what saying earlier, Taeriel. She was telling Gyus to get off because of this, the shooting of Adama.

Yeah, but if she was talking about the upcoming assasination attempt... why? Why would it be SO necessary for Gyus to get off the ship before G-Boomer shot Adama? What danger would Gyus be in from that, unless he were... I don't know, standing between G-Boomer and Adama, in the way of ricocheting bullets, or somehow in danger of being blamed for the incident? I can't help but think there's something else.

I wonder if G-Boomer is somehow going to have led the Cylons back to the Fleet? Like, maybe she didn't turn off the Cylon transmitter? But it's hard to see how Cylon chick could have predicted that, 'cause she wouldn't have known that Boomer would have been sent out with the transmitter to nuke the basestar back when she warned Gyus. Unless, maybe they were going to activate her in any case, regardless of the basestar mission? Maybe the plan was to activate her, have her reveal Galactica's location / plant a bomb / some other major action and then assasinate Adama, thereby taking away the Fleet's leadership right before the crisis hit? Maybe G-Boomer seeing all the other Boomers right before this was just a coincidence?

10. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    I think G-Boomer was going to be activated (Cylon command knowing, not her) to do "something", but like I said, she and Caprica Boomer are somehow cut off from the Cylons (I'm guessing they work much of the same way the battledroids in Star Wars work). I think that plan got squashed when Adama tasked her to nuke the Basestar. It was there she got her activation unconciously. They only left her to do was to assinate Adama, no matter how it happened. I agree with you there could've/should've/would've been something else for the HCC (Hot Cylon Chick) to get Gyus off the ship. Remember though, what she showed him on Kobol. And what she told him, she could've been lying to him to give him the sense of urgency to get off the ship to show him that. I don't know if G-Boomer's going to lead the Cylons back to Galactica because the closest Basestar was destroyed and if they wanted to find the Galactia so badly all they'd have to do was search for the lost Basestar or just get one of the now (i.e. previews) many agents floating around. I think the Cylons knew they had found Kobol and were lying in wait for Galactica. A lot is going to happen in the season opener. I think they're going to discover that Earth isn't a myth after all. I think the Arrow of Apollo IS going to show them the the way.

11. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm interested in this show but I missed the first season. Does anyone have all the episodes recorded so I can play catch up before the next season starts?

12. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    sorry, haven't been keeping up with the discussion on here (mainly b/c I haven't seen much of the show until the recent marathon), so if it's already been discussed and cast aside, forgive me...but I'm wondering, what if the "Arrow of Apollo" mentioned in the prophecy is something to do with Capt. Lee "Apollo" Adama? It'd make for a much cooler prophecy than it being the arrow from some statue back on Caprica...

edit: okay, read through the whole thread (which as most of you know is a major feat for this kid)...and nobody mentioned anything about the Arrow of Apollo that I saw until Shawn's last post...

Here's some things to make me think this: Prophecies are almost always cryptic. It just makes sense that the most obvious answer isn't the correct one. It's just too damn coincidental that the object is the "Arrow of Apollo" when one of the main character's call sign is Apollo. Apollo has backed the president on at least a few different occasions; in the miniseries when he obeys her rather than his father on whether to continue rescue missions or rendezvous with the Galactica, and in the last episodes when he supports her rather than his father and puts a gun to Tigh's head. If she's this mythic leader that will take everyone to Earth, and the "Arrow of Apollo" will show her the way (or whatever it was)...it just makes me think the prophecy points at Lee, who tends to back her up without logic.

Of course, maybe I'm just reading something that isn't there...It could end up being just like my old theory that "that one agent in the Matrix is actually a good guy! He's gotta be! You'll see in Reloaded! You'll see!" lol, I was way off on that one...

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000

I have episodes 4-12 on my laptop. It might be possible to burn them and get them to you. I also need to get the original DVD's that I had, but they're with a friend in Kuwait. If I get them back, then I could copy them foy ya.

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have the whole thing on tape, but there's a bit of a distance factor. [face_plain]

JD - interesting thought on the "arrow of Apollo" and Lee Adama. I need to rewatch the parts talking about the "Arrow" to get a better handle. Offhand, I can't remeber whether they were talking about a prophesy or if it was just some sort of historical knowledge that the arrow from the Museum, together with something on Kobol, would give directions to Earth. (Maybe they took the Arrow with them when they left, and knew what it was for, but since they somehow lost the directions to their homeplanet, they couldn't use it to find Earth before now. And speaking of which... just how the HECK do you forget how to find your homeplanet?????) But yeah, it would be a very interesting twist if your idea is right. Cool.

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm, I could be wrong about it being prophecy, I've only seen the last part of the season (besides the mini-series), and that was all in one day...so my brain is sorta overloaded right now. Misinformation on my part is entirely possible...but it sounds cool...right? ;)

16. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks OW!
    I would apprciate that.

17. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    CATZ-i have the whole season...the thing is i dont' know when i can get it on DVD for ya. i spent most of friday getting caught up. well i HAVE it all on DVD, but it is packed away. *grumble, grumble*

ONE day soon...i am going to go to the storage unit and rearrange and FIND that and my BOOKS!

so all that to say if you can wait a week or so, I can get that to you. along with the new ones then.

I DID loan out episodes to someone...*looking* i thought it was OW, but he doesn't have them. so if any of you 'think' you might have borrowed that from me, please take a look.

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    JD - yeah, but I haven't seen the pertinent parts since last... whenever the finale aired, and we all know how bad my memory is! I don't even remember whether they were talking about a prophesy, a historical fact, or someone's fan fiction. ;)

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    it was on the 2nd page.

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I've been too swamped this week to burn any copies of what I have. Sorry, but I'm still catching up on school. :/

21. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Does anybody know what time it's on tonight?

22. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    You need to check the listings for your cable/satellite system, there are different feeds, so the time for one person may not be the same for others.

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    On Direct TV it is 8 PM, but i know that is different from Comcast. well it could be because when Clone Wars was on, it was on at 5 o'clock for me.

24. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Can someone record it for me please? Or possibly bring it to the bbq tomorrow? I have to leave at 8 for my game. I'm hoping it'll be replayed tonight or on Monday.

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Sorry dude, I woulda taped it for ya, but I don't have any blank tapes :(