main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread (non-spoilers)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    sPeAk NoT oF tHe bLaCk BaLL wItH tHe ReD sTrIpEs

iT WiLL hEar YoU aNd tHeN

iT WiLL nOt OnLy BoUnCe, BuT aLsO pOuNcE!

[face_worried]
    [face_skull]

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    After reviewing the episode, I have to say I think it's just a gods damn memory :p

Sometimes a mini-football is just a mini-football, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

3. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    ok, so my computer overheated about 10 minutes into the new episode and I'm redownloading it on the REALLY slow internet so I thought I'd take this time to scream ZOMG WHO IS THAT IN ADAMA'S BED BECAUSE IT SURE ISN'T LAURA!!!!! ... Man, if I was Laura and I found out, the world would be less one Admiral ...

WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO MY SHIP!!! SHE WAS THERE ONLY AN EPISODE OR SO AGO!!!

*pouts*

*stabs computer for not loading faster*

that is all

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Who all texted in their opinion on whether Baltar should get a free trial?

You win -$1.00 you dumb motherfrakkers :p

5. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    OMG HAPPY YAY! CABIN BUILDING FLIRTATION SQUEE!!!!

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    LOLOL

That's our lierin ... ded from fangirl squee :p

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Squeee!
    [face_laugh]
    Sorry that was too funny.
    [face_laugh]

8. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    I have amused Ulkesh!...

...all of my life goals have been achieved :p

9. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    (using my best Darth Sidious voice)

Yes, you have amused your oh so humble Book Club Furher a.k.a. the God-Emperor Ulkesh2. =D= As servants go you are one of my favorites. I shall reserve a Special Place for you among my long list of court jesters[face_clown]. From my Place of Infinite Memory I seem to recall that you are known for a particular talent.[face_idea] Talent involving costuming]-} . It would please me to have you join my meetings wearing a finely made jester's costume[face_clown]. Yesss[face_devil]

10. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Jester? o_O
    heh...ummmmmmm, no.

I do many things my friend, including random fangirly squees, but I do not do the jester thing...

now, if (oh Furher) we're talking service in the form of a fangirly Handmaiden figure ala Kotor II, I may be more willing. But no bells, no checkered pants, and no painted grins ;)

(give me enough Roslin/Adama and you won't need to paint on the grin anywho) :D

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Brianna never really struck me as 'fangirly' :p

12. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey Jediravenclaw are we gonna get another fangirly SQUEEE from you?

After all Adama said Roslin would always have a bed in his quarters (in a manner of speaking - of course).

S-Q-U-E-E-E!

[face_devil]

13. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Does anyone think Adama really would have gone through with the execution if Tyrol hadn't backed down?

14. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    ^^
    Not sure, GeekGoddess. However, threatening to execute one's wife is not a nice thing. Therefore, I believe there will be some friction between Adama and Tyrol in the future. Also, since Tyrol is now Union Liason/Leader again, I wouldn't be surprised if he did not go into politics. In fact, we may be seeing a future President of the Twelve Colonies.
    Pax Galactica,
    Edric

15. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Edric I think you are onto something regarding Galen Tyrol becoming political. Yes I think Tyrol's union move will make him a VP or a Pres someday. However remember what happened to the infamous teamster union leader here on the good ol' Thirteenth Colony. Tyrol may end up in a barrel somewhere.
    [face_worried]

16. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004

hahahaha, not as much this time, but I did chuckle quite a bit over that ^_^

As for Tyrol etc, I really don't think Adama would have had Callie shot. I think it was a bluff and I think Tyrol knew it was a bluff - he just didn't want to play with her life (especially after the last episode). I also think Adama knew how close-to-home he was hitting with that threat (he's lost family too after all) and he knew how confused Tyrol still is really.

I know Tyrol is Union leader and all, but I think he is kind of torn between standing up for the "little guys" and obeying the order of the military. Even after that kid was hurt, Tyrol is still debating about what is "right" and what is not. Adama, on the other hand, has a very clear cut view of things (or at LEAST a very clear cut agenda of what needs to happen).

I must say though, that Roslin is becomeing a slightly weaker character. From the beginning of the first season and through the seconds it was all "throw 'em out the airlock!" and "I'm in charge, don't frak with me." Now, she's "flip flopping" in the same episodes! Seriously, going from drafting people into a horrid workforce to welcoming a union is a pretty big leap. Personally I just want her to have one viewpoint and stand with it like she used to. if that means throwing nasty union leaders out of airlocks, cool.

but yes, Ulkesh...SQUEE at the bed comments ;)

17. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Ulkesh,

Hadn't thought of that. I do think that this is a thread that will be picked up on later.

Edric

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I disagree. Yes, she may be 'flip-flopping', but I think we all know that a good leader should know when to take the facts into account, and when those facts point to a change of position. Furthermore, IIRC, the only beings going out airlocks were Cylons, which in those circumstances, was NOT a gray area. Those Cylons were acting enemy agents undercover in the fleet; it was space or be spaced.

There are of course gray areas with Caprica6 and Athena ... Athena having sworn an oath and upheld it to serve the colonies, and C6 being a primary witness to war crimes.

Regardless, I find that her taking events into account makes her a better leader, and considering she started out as the Minister for Education and was promoted forty-seven spots to President ... she had a way to go.

/my 2p

EDIT: yeah, I kinda did a double take with the bed comments :p Are they throwing things in like that to frak with us? :p

19. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Stacky,

I totally agree with you on those points, maybe I worded what I said wrong...

Ok, example. You know when the geminan girl wanted the abortion and Roslin was like "I've fought my whole life for a woman's right to control her body" and came up with a bloody brilliant middle ground solution to the whole situation? We aren't seeing that political savvyness show through when she, say, creates a DRAFT for the workforce. It was an idea that she had that seemed to totally come out of no where. (If she's supporting pro-choice before the attack, I don't think she's supporting forced conscription). Granted, yes things are different (hence, she gave in to the abortion issue) but this was just "BAM! ok, lets start a draft". No "lets see if there are any vollenteers in the fleet", no "lets try to improve the conditions of the people already working there", no middle ground really. And then there was no middle ground between "Draft 'em!" and "ooo look, workers unions and democracy!"

*shrug* just seemed kind of odd to me.

20. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I think she learned her lesson with Baltar as not to frak with someone who holds a great influence with the people and could jeapordize her future Presidency.

She attempted to screw him over and it bit her in tha arse. If he has that much influence/power with the Tilium refineries it would be in her best interest to be very receptive to his wishes and to avoid another defeat like she had at the hands of Baltar.

I do think Baltar is starting to gain some supporters in some unlikely places.

21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, now you put it that way, Lierin, I get what you're saying. She was very non-democratic for someone who's been a leftist all her career (based solely on her abortion stance, as mentioned prior).

Perhaps the Old Man's been getting to her a little too much? ;) :p

22. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    So what did you Nuggets think of tonight's episode...

was that not a MAJOR SHOCK!
    :eek:

Just think good ol'Kesh has been sitting on that spoiler since around X-mas. See good ol'Kesh can keep a secret.
    [face_shhh]

23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    SON OF A BITCH

24. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
  25. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Too many iffy variables. Did she eject?

If so did her stalker pick her up?

Did ejecting insure her death or allowed her to live?

Staying in the cockpit guaranteed death.

I think she is dead but not dead, I think she is an Angel that's going to wreak havok for Six.

I think that the Cylons are just as confused as much as the viewers are.

They, the cylons, are more ore less the pawns of Satan (Six) and they are starting to see "the light".

If you get my meaning sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.