main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Battlestar Galactica discussion...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Awesome episode though. Loved the combat at the end. And you really felt for Starbuck as she withered under Adama's gaze...

I know. Jeez. I wouldn't have wanted to be in her shoes. And the actress played it really well, I was very impressed. It was an extremely intense episode emotionally, I thought it was fantastic. But then, the whole series has been really emotionaly powerful. Love it. The next episode looks like its going to be very cool, especially since (according to the TV guide) Lee and the Commander get a lot of the convoy pretty unhappy with the amount of resources they dedicate to finding Starbuck. Ooo, tension...

Without giving spoilers away, I?ll say that the Caprica storyline is all about Cylon evolution and their motivations. They know what they want. Like the credits say, they have a plan.

Ooooooo...

2. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I only watched the 1st 5 minutes before taping it and going to bed...I thought it was a flashback of some kind :p Arent I silly?

3. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
  4. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    It was a rheotrical question!

5. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    10.30 for battlestar? are they fracking insane? I'm flat out staying awake until 10.30 to see the end of it!! I work hard I can't be up all frackin' nite!!

PS go starbuck

PPS awwwww starbuck & adama.

6. darth_houseofpain

darth_houseofpain Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    It's a dam good show . Ive seen the first season as i have it at home lets just say the last show of the season
    episode 13 leaves you up in the air. (Someone gets shot)not telling who it is but and trust me i have not given anything away to people who want to watch it.

7. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    And so it begins... Battlestar gets moved to 10:30? Didn't notice that announcement but it doesn't surprise me if it is so. If the past is any indication it soon will be slotted for 11:30 just you wait. It's no wonder these shows don't get good ratings with pathetic time slots as these.

All the more reason to buy the season on DVD, like I needed an extra excuse ;) :p

8. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    It has been moved to 10.30pm - at least for next week. I have already composed and faxed my letter of enquiry/complain:

To whom it may concern
    Re: Battlestar Galactica at 10.30pm

I am writing to enquire about the promo displayed at the end of last night?s episode of Battlestar Galactica announcing next week?s program airing at 10.30pm.

First I would like to know if this will be a one-off time slot change or if the series will be airing at 10.30pm permanently. I understand the show caters to a fairly narrow demographic. I also understand that your station needs to make programming decisions in congruity with your advertisers.

Second, I would like to question the decision to air Battlestar Galactica at this time when the program before it is:
    Sensing Murder ? The Last Train Home
    Genre: Real Life
    Early this year, Victorian police posted a $1 million rewarding in a last ditch effort to solve the mystery surrounding the disappearance of 23-year-old Sarah MacDiarmid from Kananook train station on 11 July, 1990.
    Repeat, Closed Captions, 90 mins

Which to be perfectly honest - and I concede at this point I have no experience or expertise in regards to commercial television program scheduling or demographic research - sounds like it will appeal to approximately no one, except perhaps those people dwelling near Kananook train station and those who didn?t catch the program first time round and have regretted it every day since.

That the Easter period is a slow time for ratings is a known fact. And if you were - like channel 7 - neglecting dedicated viewers of the show completely by simply not airing Battlestar Galactica at all I would not be writing to complain - I?d already be exploring my options elsewhere.

But you are airing Battlestar Galactica, and the episode scheduled for next Wednesday at 10.30pm is not a repeat. Speaking for myself, 10.30pm onwards is too late at night for me to watching television. This leaves me with a few options in regards to being able to see the episode(s) airing at this time, none of which will expose me to any type of advertising.

I can record the program on video and watch it at a later date, although my video recorder is old and the quality will be poor and I am unwilling to invest in another for the sake of one show.

The entire first series will be released on DVD in the UK on Monday (28 March). For $A85 (including delivery) I can watch the entire series ad and station promo free in a little over a week.

Or I can enquire at various local sources and possibly obtain ?downloaded? episodes of the program in SVCD format and again watch it sans advertising/promos for a minimal fee.

If these options are open to me - and indeed the entire viewing audience of Battlestar Galactica - I am left wondering why you will bother to continue to air the show at all. Which to be honest is not something I would like to happen. I understand and appreciate the relationship between commercial television station and veiwer, and would like it to be an ongoing one, but am becoming an increasingly frustrated and dissillusioned viewer and am considering my options.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I hope you will take myself and others like me into consideration when scheduling this program in the future. You can contact me via fax on 3555 6555 ? Att: Kahli.

Yours sincerely, Kahli.

9. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    dude you have wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands !!

10. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    It's a slow work day today.

11. sith star

May 29, 2000
    dont try and make it out like you work I would hardly call it work when you make coffee and sit on the net all morn then go to the pub at lunch

hang on

can you get me a job there I will even work in the mail room I am willing to sleep my way to the top if thats what it takes

12. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    (bender)

I don't drink coffee.

13. sith star

May 29, 2000
    ppppffftttt like it matters when do I start

14. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    //checks - no satan is not ice-skating

not today, it would seem.

15. sith star

May 29, 2000
    but I dont know how to ice skate :(

16. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    ...ok.

17. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Nice letter..I even taped the second half last night as 1030 was too late to be sleeping. I can't believe they've moved it already, especially for crap such as that!!!

SEND THE LETTER!!

I wonder if Satan hires his skates like everyone else...

18. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I did indeed send it - fax.

I've not received a reply.

19. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    ...sounds like it will appeal to approximately no one

[face_laugh] Gold!

I would be interested in their response. That's if it made it past the 'special' filing cabinet.

20. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    It amuses me how they say "At the new time of 10:30" - as though it were some kind of great new thing they're doing. Losers.

If 10's scheduling is anything like any sci-fi program on channel 9 that has ever been screened, the pattern will be thus: 9:30pm, to 10:30, then anytime between 11:30 till 2am the next day.

21. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    From Wednesday April 6:

Medium 8.30

SVU 9.30

No word on battlestar.

22. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It looks as though the reason Battlestar has been dumped down to 10:30 (this week, anyway...) is an American Idol thing that goes for like 3 hours or something (puke...). Or if not 3 hours, way, way too long. So the good shows get shunted. I VERY much hope it's not going to be permanant, or else we'll see it ending up in the 'Star Trek' slot of no earlier than midnight.

Great letter, Khali. Who knows, they might even reply to you... *Curses comercial television*

23. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    So did anyone else bother to complain?

24. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Nope it is due to that sensing murder thing... What a load of fraking ****.
    Grrr... No matter. In negotiations with relatives to get my hands on a copy of the season DVD set all the way from England. Then I won't have to put up with ch. 10

25. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    DID WE COMPLAIN..DID WE COMPLAIN??

You know us better than that don't you!

whinging and cursing is so much more fun than trying to change anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.