main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Battlestar Galactica discussion...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, anyone who feels like a post-Supanova Sunday arvo\evening viewing, let me know, cause I'm sure we can work something out.

2. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Well I'm in for a viewing whenever, but you already know that.

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I get first post viewing post I guess :))))))))

The overall feeling of seeing a NEW BSG episode was great. Was very excited and wasn't disappointed in the epiosode although will see it again soon. So yes I say it last night, don't read this til after you've seen it.

Felt a little uncomfortable with the Kara coming back storyline. Much of the crew had such serious doubts about whether she was a cylon, and despite Roslyns cries of put her in the brig, she still was allowed to walk around the ship, albeit with a guard in tow. Her viper was brand new, something weird had obviously happened. The debriefing with the senior officers and Roslyn shold've been an interrogation that took a week or more. Anyway..I do LOVE that storyline, it just sat uncomfortably.

Did feel alot when Lee jsut ran up and hugged her, despite him being the one that should've disbelieved her story the most. Felt the love there. Also the weirdness that he got to her before Anders was palpable. And that Anders is a Cylon, repelling enemy attack, attempting to deal with his wife thinking she might be a cylon and people whispering becasue she might be. I want to see his crazy button get hit ALOT. They're gonna make such a fun couple.

It did hit me quite hard that they ARE indeed letting Boomer walk around knowing she's a Cylon and trusting her, so had an overwhleming sensation that Tye should just tell Bill he is and deal with it from there. So if they know they are, does that automatically give them the ability to control themselves?? Also crossed my mind that they aren't actually Cylons at all but had some kind of brainwashing, mind altering thing happen with the music to make them think they are and create problems on the ship. Which means it's some other 5. Passing thought though.

The Baltar being worshipped part just felt weird until he slept with the girl ( yey Baltars still there) and then I almost cried when he prayed to save the boy. That was a good moment, nice to have some sort of redeeming features in such a flawed man. Although the that the boy actualy got well... WTF? IS Baltar a prophet. Does he has some control over what happens. Is HE the one God. No, no and NO WAY probably. Interesting.

Nice to see Lee and Bill talking, can't believe Lee can even consider not flying when they need pilots so badly. And it always strikes me as funny when they say something like 'a position in the government has opened up" Oh did someone move on to a civil enginerring position and leave a job spare??? Was there an Expression of Interest on the Government website. Anyway, Lee shouldn't be allowed to go. They're still at war. UNless he's gonna be vice president, cause that'd be cool.

Gater got grumpy at Kara..that was fun.
    Tye's imagining scene with Bill was REALLY INTENSE, but knew it had to be just an imagining.
    Was Dee in the episode???
    Roslyn's staying in Bills room..oooooo
    The four cylons in one room having some kind of weekly counselling/planning session is interesting. Tht'll be hard to explain after a while. Not the most likely click.

FUn. Glad to have it back. Hope you all love it too. Hope the US changes the airing time though, or our Saturday nights are going to be including BSG for a while..which isn't of course a BAD thing!!

4. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    The English language is adjectivally insufficient [face_hypnotized]

5. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    It was more Battlestar Galactica - all I can say is: Yay!

I can't from any opinions on the events of this first episode until I see how everything pans out with each plot development.

6. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    That was good.

Love the new pre-teaser sequence. No hint of a plan there :p

Baltar is still the most interesting character on television. And he still smells like cookies to young women apparently :p

Head-Six's actions further cement my theory that she's an Angel of the Monotheistic God. I hope that is explained though.

Starbuck's return is interesting, though as Loz pointed out, why the fuss now when she's been lost before, specifically when she came back from Caprica. Had to tape down the crazy button in the final few scenes though.

Loved that they have Cylon Anonymous meetings aboard Galactica. What would that be, CyNon?

The exchange between Adama and Apollo in the pilot's ready room was great. Apollo never truly wanted to be a pilot, he always had a huge social conscience, so a government position would actually suit him better. But props to Edward James Olmos for looking like Lee had stabbed him in the heart when he said he didn't want to be a fighter pilot anymore.

The hunt for the Final Cylon is on.

EDIT: I forgot, the casting document for Caprica is here, and it's weird. But, it adds some credence to the statement "Adama is a Cylon".

Also, a new radio interview with Katee Sackhoff is here.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

7. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Best part and biggest revelation of the latest episode:

Cylon Centurion weapons use the same sound effect as the Pulse Rifles in Aliens. :D

8. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    ^ ha ha!

Surely it was in-head Gaius v2.0. "Oh my giddy aunt" [face_laugh]

Interesting to see where all this is going.

9. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Woah, the latest episode was great. I'm still struggling to get my head around all the new things happening. Some thoughts:

- And so finally Cylon society starts coming apart at the seams, and it seems amazing it's taken this long. And the 80-pound gorilla in the room of a question is just getting bigger: why were they programmed to never think about the Final Five?

- The fact that Head-Baltar so obviously knows Tori is a Cylon and deliberately isn't letting on is inexplicably creepy to me. The blurring of the lines as to what is physically real and what is the work of a higher power is really sucking me into the show.

- So Starbuck's invincible, then? God's pushing bullets away from her as well as giving her shiny new Vipers to replace blown-up ones? And while we're on the topic of Starbuck, The Button is really getting worn out.

- Things between Adama and Roslin are getting strained. It's really kind of sad to see. And the hair-loss thing was powerful, if long-expected moment.

It's been an awesome start to the season. Can't wait for next week.

10. o__O

o__O Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2007
    Trailer for 403 Ties That Bind ****WARNING POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILERS IN TRAILER!!****

Judging by that video (maybe it's just the editing) it looks like Tory is giving Cally the Airlock treatment!!! ZOMG!!

Definitely can't wait till Saturday night!

11. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    NOOOOOOOO I will cry if that happens!!

I'm loving this new season, but you can definitely tell it's the final one. It's like they're pulling out all the stops to make it great!

So glad that Kara is back, but those scenes where she's going crazy just broke my heart! Poor Kara!!

Lee leaving his pilots position was very sad also! But I loved the little farewell that they gave him. And Dee!! Poor Dee! But interesting that he's now in the Quorum of 12. I'm guessing he took Baltar's spot as the Caprican representative?

Very excited, looking forward to the next episode!! Funny thing is that BSG is now one of Matt's favourite tv shows, when just a few months ago, he refused to watch it! Though eventually I managed to get him to sit down and watch the miniseries, which hooked him straight away (as I knew it would!!). So this is his first time watching it as it happens, and the waiting each week is killing him :p Silly boy!

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    So my place is free Saturday night, but DVD copy of episode would need to be brought. If being watched elsewhere..let me know!!!!!!!

I still haven't seen the Dr Who episodes yet, but am okay not seeing those if I can keep up with BSG!

13. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Incredible early Caprica teaser has surfaced on YouTube.

Speechless.

14. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Wow... who'da thunk Rick Astley was the 5th Cyclon of the Final Five?

15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I see what you did there, CCD.

16. o__O

Sep 21, 2007
    oh snap...

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Looks around......

SO ANYONE GETTING IT AND VIEWING IT LATER???

[face_worried] [face_praying]

18. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's a sad day when you can dodge a Rickroll by glancing at the status bar and recognising the jumbled combination of characters at the end of the YouTube URL.

I regret nothing.

19. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    OMFG YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT!!!!! ARGH!!!

They killed Cally!?!?!?! How could they!!! NOOOOOOO :_|

First they kill off my favourite character. Then they bring her back. And now they kill off my second favourite character!!!! NOOOOOO

But I did see it coming. As soon as she found out and then Tori saw the open hatch I knew she was going to flush her. I HATE TORI!!!! Why the Frack was she a member of the final five? I HATE YOU TORI!!!!! :_|

Oh well at least now I have an alteration to make to my costume..... Liquid nitrogen anyone?

20. o__O

Sep 21, 2007
    Woah. What an intense episode that was!!! I think im still digesting it after 12 hours :p

I cant figure out Tory's reason behind airlocking Cally. Maybe it was an automated response for survival? Because Tory didnt seem like the kind of person who would do that. On the other hand maybe this is a sign of things of come, and perhaps narcisissm on the part of the final 4/5??

Im looking forward to where Starbuck's story is taking us.

And the internal Cylon conflict - woah! Didnt think we would see it coming to blowing up their own ships.

As i said, intense.

21. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    woh

Cylon civil war and Cally finding out about the secret Cylon society and losing it and getting ejected. HOLY MOLY.

I was crying when she got to the airlock..figuring she was going to kill the baby or herself. Actress who plays Cally has always been brilliant, this was great stuff. Honestly would've liked to see her have to wrestle with the knowledge for an episode or two before deciding what to do. But woh! Either she's a cylon and will return ( although no resurrection ship close-by as Gooba says ) or she's jsut goooone. woh.

The political stuff with Roslyn and Zarek and Lee was interesting. Why's Roslyn trying to stack the judicial deck? Zarek's already vice-president for a dying president..wouldn't he just be biding his time rather than trying to oust her early?
    I was filled with the feling that the human race had the opportunity to start again with the political and system of law but jsut put the US type one back in place as flawed as it is. And why are the delegates representing the colonies still? Wouldn't ships make better constituencies.

Didn't realise Kara had a ship full of people with her. She's so awful to Anders. But then women are cows. Some of them volunteered to go..would one of them be a Cylon attempting to find the way? well... besides Anders LOL And angry Kara/Anders sex scene. Always good. O:)

How's Kara getting back toe the feelt anyway if she does find earth??

Loved the scene of Adama reading to Roslyn after the anger of last week, but liked how things are stil very strained between them. Maybe an angry sex scene would work there too. Ewwwwwwww

Note to Colonel Tye..maybe not mention them being Cylons directly anymore..use a code-word like..smurfs..or something!

BUT WOH. Lots of things are going to start happening fast now.
    Maybe too fast. I just hope they explain things to a decent level.

Can't wait for next week. So say we all.

22. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Holy crap. Man, they're pulling out all the stops this season.

Poor Cally. I'm not really sure what else to say. I thought it was a really good portrayal of her having a hard time and then finally cracking up and not being able to deal with something that monumental. I was shocked when she walked down to the hanger with Nicky. It was really one of those "no, you can't be doing what I think you're doing" sort of moments. And then Tory shows up.

I've been thinking a lot about this. Tory's probably dealt with the Cylon thing the worst of the four. She's been all over the place, and she's gone a bit, well, loopy. Though to be fair, in a lot of ways we really don't know Tory at all. She's always played things very close to the vest, and I wonder if we're seeing the real her coming out now. Still, either way, she did what she did out of fear of discovery. But I think the question is did she choose to do it, or was this some innate thing? Was it a programmed, self-defense mechanism to ensure they stay hidden until their destiny is complete? We didn't see the aftermath, after all. We didn't see her reaction. For all we know, maybe it was like when Boomer shot Adama.

As for Kara... They need to install a communal Starbuck Is Crazy button down on the main deck of that ship, for use of the entire crew of poor people who are getting dragged along in her wake. Now there is a woman who is, to borrow a phrase from Yahtzee, snooker-loopy. I mean, I can understand it; Starbuck was always at least slightly round the twist, and this latest set of developments has really frakked with her head, but jeez, lady.

And the Cylons. Yeesh. Things are getting severely messed up over there.

Like I said, they're pulling out all the stops for this final season. Can't bloody wait for the next episode. Gimmie, gimmie now!

23. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I'm so disappointed -

I never thought someone on this site would post a RickRoll... :mad:

Good episode though.

24. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm late to the party but the music's still playing [face_skull]

25. o__O