main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Battlestar Galactica discussion...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Oooh it's Saturday again!!!

yey.

2. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Y'know.... it's a good thing CCD doesn't come along to Serious Business Live. I might have to TK the SOB.

3. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Let's face it, he was right about Boomer ;)

4. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    It was still VERY hard to hear the Chief talk about Cally like that...and I'
    m presuming someone's looking after the baby whilst he's having his freak out.

6 as Mrs Ty. Ooky. Reinstates the She's the 5th Cylon theory.

I kinda hate Lee playing the follower of truth and justice. As right as he is, yeah just want to tell him to shut-up.

Waiting for the Centurions to take over everything!

Can someone drive Saturday's episode up the coast on Sunday?? ;)

5. Darth_Aranel

Darth_Aranel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    I can't believe this hasn't come up in discussion yet, but here goes:

6 Openly admits to not only having an affair with Gaius Baltar, but states that the two of them were responsible for all the destruction that has befallen the human race. Yet Tylon in his out of head experience totally misses it and it is not mentioned again.

Again, it's one of those statements that can totally change the direction of the show but was completely overlooked

6. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I guess Sol's got his own problems...plus there's little he can do about it (apart from being really peed off at him)...a Cylon told another Cylon and he's got no grounds to take it to the old man. It'll come back...many things do in this show.

...as for this week's ep:
    Dang. That "Starbuck's nuts" button has a brick sitting on it now, right?

7. Darth_Aranel

Darth_Aranel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Oh yeah, it must be the size of texas and doesn't look like coming off anytime soon.

On a side note, i would love to be a proverbial "redshirt" character one day in a show like this...

8. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Leoben?? wanting an alliance with the fleet? And Starbuck going along with it without consulting with Adama????

Gaius and the chief shaking hands?? and Gauis REALLY believes all this stuff now it seems. NO agenda at all??

Too many wtf's for one episode!

I'm imagining the chief fit and thin and shaved headed and some kind of religious zealot in a few episodes.

Dark, and intelligent, and unbalanced. Liking this season.

9. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    The Chief will be Judas to Gaius' Jesus... for sure!

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    OH NO! Goobs left for Sydney without getting BSG described!!

:( Anyone got a copy or feel like watching it again with me this week sometime. I have kit kats...??

11. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Finally got around to reading the description. The Weighted Companion Cube is really jammed on Starbuck's Crazy Button. Stay tuned to see how Adama and the Tylon react to this...

12. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Episode 406 is a very solid 43 minutes. A few quick notes before I go to bed:

The pre-credits sequence: tense. It really helps that this is the final season. More than any other point in the story so far, we know nearly anyone could be killed off at any time. Starbuck aside, there was no guarantee that anyone on that ship could have walked away alive. (In Gaeta's case, the jury's still out.)

The fracturing of Cylon society was handled well. This isn't an organised resistance. It's a huge mess with in-fighting, extremely tenuous peace agreements and pointless sacrifices.

Hearing Baltar's voice over a phantom broadcast puts a lot in perspective. The lone transistor next to an empty bed, referencing Roslin's dream: creepy stuff. It's all too easy to see why Madam President winds up knocking on his door.

Cryptic clues! I yearn for this sort of thing. This new dose of supernatural prophecy is all the better for not actually being that cryptic. The characters deciphered a clear meaning then and there. The search for Earth has a real sense of momentum now. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

And a genuinely touching little moment to close it off.

Even by the show's very high standards, this episode fulfilled the primary function of good serialised TV particularly well: I'm desperate to see more.

13. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    During the season four gap, we'll be getting a new series of Webisodes, and maybe, just maybe, up to three Razor style flashback movies. More here.

It's wild speculation at this point, but could these new bridging webisodes mean a mid-season chronological leap?

14. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    There's only so much blood that can be rung from this particular stone, and Sci-Fi have just about got the lot. Just because they are utterly bereft of anything even remotely worthy of filling Galactica's shoes, doesn't mean they should subject us to any more painful retcon abuse.

Is it too much to ask for a final good season, without gratuitous schedule filling? Just give Corin a call and make Mansquito 2: The Suckening* already!

*[credit for Mansquito title gag goes to AICN talkback]

15. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    So, Gaeta likes singing to numb his pain...

An important clue, a red herring or simply nothing at all. [face_thinking]

16. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Battlestar didn't air this week.....

But it was aired today in Britain!

Fly the colours, gentlemen!.

17. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    And I'll be hearing my description in 23 minutes. YAY!!!

18. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    awwwwwww that's right!

19. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Two words my friends, two words. FRAK! and ME!

While not the strongest episode this season, Sine Qua Non certainly had its moments. There are three moments that had me in a stupor, and only one of them had me guessing the outcome before the writing was made clear on the wall.

* Admiral Tigh-lon? I certainly didn't see that one coming. But really in hindsight - he's the only feasible replacement.
    * Six and a third? This really proves wrong Cylon theories of procreation... I was shocked, shocked I tell you to find The Tigh-lon had it in him. Though the truth of this may be a lot simpler than the Battlestar Wiki suggests - I speculate that it comes down to deep true love at some certain level. Athena has it with Helo, Tyrol had it with Cally, and you can't deny that whatever their faults as a couple, Saul did have a deep love for Ellen Tigh, and he was seeing Ellen in the Galactica brig on certain occasions...
    * Romo really is a devious bastard - and a bit disturbed. Coming up with Lee's name as the new president was both twisted and brilliant in its simplicity. And it was the only one of the stunners that I picked before the whiteboard was shown.

20. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    WHAAAAAATTTT

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Random Thoughts

This episode had more Adama than any other episode this season, which was great. We needed to see more of the old man.

"..More importantly, I TRUSTED YOU" Oh man, break out the flashlights

NO NO NO NO ADAMA WHY ARE YOU GIVING THE KEYS TO TIGH

I literally shouted "WHAT!? NO!" when he said he was standing down as Admiral.

and I did it again when Tigh and Adama got into a fist fight (Which was so awesome)

As soon as Lee joined the Quorum, I knew he'd somehow because the president.

CYLONS CAN HAVE BABIES WITH CYLONS - WHICH MEANS HELO AND CALLY COULD BE THE FINAL CYLON

2 episodes away from the break. I forsee episode 10 being AMAZING.

21. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hands down the most hilarious episode yet [face_laugh]

"You know how many times I've had to repair this thing?"

Tighlon's expression when Adama said "You found out a lot about yourself"

Gold!

22. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Always look forward to reading others comments once I've seen the episode. HAHA. It was fun!

And yes, HOLY MOLY'D a few times too.
    Did see Lee as President coming.
    I had a bit of trouble working out the convoluted reasons "badger" was back in teh episode and why his emotional history was so significant. Did think that the cat was dead just by the camera shots. Too many viewings of Sixth Sense for me. After the episode we were still working out why he wanted to kill Lee. To end the last great hope for the continuance of humankind?? or to push him to making a stand to be President? Anyway, it felt like too much backstory for a background character. I think I said "they're the 5th cylon!" too many times.
    This episode I yelled that at Badger, Lee and the cat.

Also mumbled " They're the dying leader, not Roslyn" at the dying 6, and was waiting for Lee or Bill to get shot so I could mumble it at them. It's just a theory though that someone else will find the truth of the opera house. Not that that really matters.

Tylon taking over??? Noooes.
    The fight WAS awesome.

The prisoner 6 is pregnant!!!???? ewwwwwww

Poor Athena :(

Oh and AWWWWWWWWED at teh "Can't live without her" line from Bill :_|

Kara back in spiffy uniform. Hope she takes over Galactica when it all goes to ****.
    ..and gets to.. have fun with the president. :D

Ahh can't wait til..Wednesday is it now???? NICE!

23. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Is it permanently Wednesday? I thought it was only for that one week...

24. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You are right and not-so right Lozza.

The UK screened the newest Ep first, with the US (I'm guessing) screening that same Ep this weekend we're on now. This means that every Wed the UK gets the new Ep 3 days before the US. I guess our UK mates will be getting sore voices describing it to the world first from now on.

25. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    You can go back and look at the 'Last Supper' photo again and things are starting to make sense in it.

Adama and Rosyln being separated across the table.

Apollo in his nice suit with some serious contemplation.

Tyrel with the shaved head and knife (looks almost like he's preparing to stab Anders in the back).

Athena cowering from Six (she could be looking at either one, so take your pic).

I also notice when looking at the picture now, that the Final Cylon will obviously be standing between Tigh and Apollo's joint leadership

Here's the pic again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.