main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Battlestar Galactica discussion...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    And of note, the Last Supper pic has been changed, too.
    Initially, Laura was burning something in a cup, as seen in Neech's linked image. Now it is different...

I don't see Tyrol as thinking of using the knife on Anders, but he's really focused on it. Could be anyone. The "Judas" theorysomeone raised earlier in this thread still needs consideration.

2. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    That was me again...

The way I see it; Baltar is your Jesus figure. Jesus had 12 Apostles. There are 12 Cylons and also 12 colonies which would most likely mean that there is a Cylon representative of each colony with Baltar symbolizing the 13th (Earth).

Now, let that one twist in your head for a while.

3. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Action/ Sci-fi should not make me tear up, like "The Hub" just did.

Don't leave me BSG :'(

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    So say we all.

5. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Okay, I think I should be able to post something semi-literate about the last episode.

- It was great seeing Gaius being Gaius again. Trying to talk to the Centurion about 'God'. Which got me thinking, in the previous Cylon War, originally the colonies had split apart and were using the Cylons to fight for them, until the Cylons became self aware at which point the Cylons killed their masters, and the Colonies reunited to fight the Cylons. It's happening again. My prediction - The centurions and the raiders are going to become self aware and turn against their meatbag masters.

- I honestly thought Gaius was going to die. This is the last season, and there's no way he's making it out of it in one piece (or atleast, I hope not)

- When the Centurion exploded, it pierced Gaius' side. Didn't a Roman Centurion pierce jebus' side somewhere in the bible? Coincidence? I think not. Gaius is totally Space Jesus.

- I teared up way more than I am okay with in this episode. Every time the old man starts crying, so do I.

- "It's about time" is almost as cool as Han Solo's "I know"

- I loved Dianna's fakeout near the end. The music got all creepy and zoomed in on Laura. Right at that moment, my brains were being evacuated from my head. and then, Dianna has this great "SIKE!" look on her face.

- My prediction for the final cylon is now Helo. Cylons CAN have babies with other Cylons now (Tigh and Caprica) and the way he gets all emo about killing toasters is starting to get me suspicious.

Honestly, this would have to be one of my favorite episodes of the series. The next episode and the wait for 2009 is going to kill me. Yeah, the break is going to be a year D:

6. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I immediately thought of Jesus' side being pierced as well. Not only that, but Gauis was also resurrected by BSG's very own Mary Magdalen.

My prediction for the final Cylon has shifted to Zarek. He's the most likely candidate to be sitting in between Tigh and Lee at that table. It's either him, or a really hot woman - all Cylon women must be hotties! It's like a rule or something...

7. Loch-doubt

Loch-doubt Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2008
    my new fav for #5 is zarek

Or possibly badger

dead-cat-seeing mofo!

8. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    This was one of my favourite episodes too this season too.

Not alot happened in terms of plot development really though, just lots of character development.

Baltar talking to the Centurion was so amazing and ridiculous and yeah, just waiting for the cyclon to talk back in a Hitchhikers Robot voice and tell him to sod off. LOL

Roslyn letting Gaius die was very scary, but felt strangely good. Gaius yelling at the hybrid made me giggle.

So much being left undiscussed though..what's happening with Gator? How's Sam and Kara getting on? Although I guess the episode was in flashback..nothing REALLY happened on Glactica we hadn't heard about did it? Actually is Anders is the brig after shooting Gator?

Ah laura and Bill..nice. Bill is so ultra cool, even crazy in love.

Anyway. really loved this episode. Last episode..NOOOOOOO

9. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    The final being Zarek does make a lot of sense and would be the ultimate nod to classic BSG fans.

10. Loch-doubt

Jun 11, 2008
    it would be AWESOME.

JETTISON IT.

(that's one for O.G. fans)

11. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Actually, does anyone know what happens in the original series?

I did watch parts of it, albeit when it was actually ON TV the first time probably, and can't remember/don't know. Do they find earth?..I know there's stuff in the series about being on earth so I guess so. Hmm.. Anyone know what happens?

Oh and anyone want to gather to watch this last episode ( for a while ) on Sunday night???

12. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    If I recall correctly, they find Earth in the final episode, then Galactica 1980 continues the story. Either that, or they get to Earth in the first episode of Galactica 1980. If you classify vintage Battlestar Galactica as bad, then don't even think about touching 1980 with a barge-pole. Flying motor-cycles are about the neatest thing about it, and that's pretty dodgy, even for early 80s-vintage sci-fi.

13. Loch-doubt

Jun 11, 2008
    Original Battlestar has more in common with Firefly than with the new series. In so much as it more chronicled the hijinks and shenanigans of an emsemble cast in a neat 1 hour format (with a couple of double hitters thrown in) I don't believe the original original battlestar ever found earth, although they did try to assimilate to earth life with two bikers and a scout troup in the second original battlestar.

The original original battlestar did, hoever, find the gods, and got spanky white uniforms to frolic around heaven in (and by battlestar I really mean just starbuck apollo and sheba (cain's daughter)). They also comandoed their way onto the cylon homeworld using parachutes. For future reference, the cylon homeworld architecture was distinctly 'convention hall'

14. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I thought it looked like a public library... with a giant Cylon Lipstick in charge of it.

15. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    [image=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517WfEPy0pL._SS400_.jpg]

From here.

16. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ...and also found here. (Official site.)

17. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Ohmygodthisisinsanewhatthefrak?
    FIRST TO POST!

I don't think I can actually write anything legible right now!

I wonder if Apes riding horses are going to show up?

- Mr President - woah!
    - Sol opens up to Adama.
    - Balthar makes a save.
    - Earth is a wasteland.
    - Tory jumped ship pretty quick - but as Cally proves, she's always been the darker of the final 5.

18. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    That episode was awesome! Everything that happened in it was so unexpected and leaves you wondering exactly what the frak is going to happen next!

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  20. o__O

o__O Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2007
    What an unbelievable episode. Amazing.

21. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I SO hadn't noticed the 3rd group of parents in this pic, and their posture...

22. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Wow. Just wow.

So many incredible moments. That montage at the end is wonderful, esp. from a character perspective.

So it's a consensus then? Man-babies all round?

23. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Incredible episode.

Is the chief actualy smiling in that last montage pic??

He seemed either relieved or happy to be found out and have that all taken out of his hands. Didn't seem to care if he died or not. I liked his line to Sam " Go on, tell her" like it was some game. Karas face at that point...ooo.

I did like the feelings and faces when 3 stepped on board Galactica and the fleet Cylons reactions to it.

What did 3 mean when she said the 5th Cylon wasn't in the fleet. Who wasn't in the fleet at the time..Roslyn? Gaius? Or does she mean something else like..the fleet is the 5th? or soething more philosophical. Or maybe one of the normal Cylons is actually one of the revered 5. Dunno.

Tye finally stepped up to the plate. I was yelling..TELL BILL, and he did and it was like..woah, and I was like WOAH. Poor Bill. Knew he wouldn't believe him. Did wonder how long that disbelief would last. Loved it when he went to change his uniform after being all sooky.

Lee got damned sexy when he got that powerful didn't he?? or was that just my feeling ;)

I felt jipped out of the length of time we saw it take for them to get to earth. I figured at that point that the last 10 episodes would be about the journey there. SO when Roslyn's giving the order to jump, I'm thinking it's the first jump on their way, not the last.

I did want to cheer too, but yeah in all our heads we were probably thinking..what the frak's gonna go wrong now. Figured there would be the rest of the cylons already there ao a colony of them...not what was actually there. Or what wasn't.

So..is that a nuclear wasteland where they destroyed themselves? Cylon caused destruction. Something else?

BUt that final montage was SO GOOD. Was nice to see everyone that matters react to it...and really feel the despair. Was wating for Kara to fall on her crazy button.

Lets watch the last few episodes together at some point. Hell..MARATHON!!!

24. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd always vaguely planned to a do full-series re-watch after this episode, and the content of it seals the deal. I'm going to be watching the miniseries right through to Revelations. I'm more than happy to integrate any marathons into my viewing schedule.

That episode caused my brain to dribble out my ears. I was tensed-up and on the edge of my seat the whole time, and when a certain unexpected shot right near the very end came on the screen (you know the one I'm talking about) I sat bolt upright and said out loud "you've got to be kidding me."

And then there's the ending, that final shot. Give me a bit of time to get my head back together and then it'll be time to start flinging theories around.

25. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm reading through the non-spoiler impressions while the episode loads, and suddenly the wait is a lot more painful. Twenty minutes? But that's, like, hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.