main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Battlestar Galactica discussion...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I thought that too but technically, everyone was in the fleet at the time she said it and the way she said it implied that the Final Cylon was never in the fleet. I also thought 'What if it's the entire fleet' but that doesn't make sense on so many levels and would be a cop out.

Now, I think the Final Cylon is on Earth somewhere.

2. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Battlestar Galactica 410 "Revelations" - Impressions:

"..."

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I'm trying to think which shot you actually mean BBN. So many I reacted to like that.

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    The fleet hovering over Earth. I thought they knew where it was and were going to take months to get there, not that it was one frakin' jump away...

5. o__O

o__O Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2007
    I particularly loved the music in the final minutes of this episode. It was a perfect touch to a perfect episode. Bear McCreary talks about it in his blog here

I need to say ...Revelations is my favourite episode of the series thus far. [face_love]

6. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    hey, do you guys know that Apollo and Baltar will be at brisbane gencon next weekend?? I was taking my younger brother along for gaming but if this is true then its going to be great!

7. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Good thing I just bought this t-shirt

Although, I'm not sure if i'll be able to make it yet

8. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    At least one Battlestar TV movie might be greenlit.

Three movies might be overkill, but I am (in the immortal words of Mssrs. Adams, Stewart and Sting) all for one. My money's on the origin story of the Secret Four. But that's a pretty safe bet: they said they'd explore that in post-s3 interviews, and at at this point in the series chronology, it's almost a moot point.

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    ..trying to find a legitimate reason and company for gen con just to see Jamie bamber and Baltar. So sad of me. Thinking of saving them from the nerds..supersoaker em down MD..then take them out for drinks and wangle info out of them.

5th Cylon, I've moved back to Tigh's wife. Based purely on the last supper pic. Would suit.

10. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I've been considering that one for a while too and it really does fit. We have no knowledge or reason to believe that the final Cylon is actually still alive. Looking at the Last Supper picture, it makes sense artistically as well; She would normally be sitting next to Tigh and would want to also be sitting next to Lee but she's gone... completely missing.

We've all been looking at that picture the wrong way, thinking that the final cylon is missing simply to keep them a secret from us but what if she's actually missing from the picture because because of the story?

11. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    No, I disagree. Quite frankly, Ellen is one of those characters who would be cheapened by having them be a Cylon. The same with Dee, frankly. "Oh, so all the trouble she caused was just because she was a robot all along." It's too easy an out. It would be like revealing Admiral Cain was a Cylon, or that Baltar is one. Those characters have done bad thing that have hurt our heroes, and if they turn out to have been evil Cylons the whole time, it flattens them as characters, robs them of depth.

I could be wrong; maybe that's exactly the reveal that's coming. But it would be dropping the ball in a bad way, in my opinion, and the show has yet to do that.

12. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    And while we're on the subject of Galactica, I am currently going through a re-watch of the entire series, from the miniseries right through to Revelations, and it's fantastic. The plot and character arcs seem so solid now, with the things we now know, and with the added gravitas of the plot's move to a truly mythic level. It really is true that, as Ronald D. Moore says, the series is divided into three acts. Seasons one and two are the first act, with the people of the fleet running, and trying to hold onto their old lives. Season three is the second act, as they stop running and settle on New Caprica, then are finally forced to realise that things truly have changed and that nothing remains of their old lives. And act three is the final season, where the truths about their destinies come to light, and they finally find their way to Earth. Good grief, I can't wait to see how it's going to feel to rewatch the series in its entirety, from beginning to end.

Right now I'm a little bit past halfway through season 2. I've just finished watching Scar, one of my absolute favourite episodes of the whole series. Not only does it capture the lives of the fighter pilots on Galactica, but it really does encompass the entire feeling of the series at that point, of a reality slowly sinking in, summed up by what Starbuck says to Apollo, about how everyone keeps talking about a bright and shiny future that neither of them is going to live to see. The series really is a journey, and this moment is a key part of it.

I love this series so much.

13. Loch-doubt

Loch-doubt Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2008
    I plan to do THE EXACT SAME THING on my holidays next week. Am currently delved deep into the series 'dexter' so BG will have to wait.

I recently said to mum, I feel bad - I spent $70 on 3 seasons of Battlestar Galactica, and she said 'I can't believe you still like that show', to which I had to try and explain actually, they remade it, made it different, and now it's better than it was before. She just looked at me blankly.

14. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
  15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Frankly, most of the Sci-Fi Channel's trailers suck. They're all very much of the good old "In a world gone mad..." variety. I'm very curious to see Caprica, and I somehow doubt that was a good look at how it'll actually play out.

16. Loch-doubt

Loch-doubt Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2008
    I'm starting to think racetrack is the last cylon. øk, yes, she is with the fleet, but how many times can she 'coninkadinkally' be the raptor pilot on duty when the cylons come a knocking?

And she did find new caprica...

17. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    BSG Comic Con 2008 panel online now at SciFi.

Kevin Smith moderates (nsfw).

18. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Webisodes, before the new series starts in a couple weeks.. are out NOW! How did some of us miss this!

or http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?q=battlestar+galactica+the+face+of+the+enemy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

19. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Season 4 marathon this weekend? You know you want it. Discuss in the War Room.

20. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    A rewatch of Season 4 yesterday was a very nice way to get up and enthusiastic for the rest of the series. SUCH a good grouping of episodes and so much happened.

The webisodes I might like to ignore a while, and hope that they start the next bit a little before "3 days later".

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!. love to watch some of the new episodes..or rewatch ..as a group as the season progresses.

So say we all.

I was about to go back through this thread ( I got back 2 pages) to find out who's said who is the final cylon. Cant be bothered though LOL. Would be a cool task if anyone can be bothered. Jsut so at teh end we can't all say...OH I SAID THAT!

Although who's the 5th doesn't even matter so much to me now. Just want to know what happens

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    This was the first group viewing I've had with this group where we haven't just talked through the entire thing. We were way too engrossed in what was going on onscreen to consider conversation. I think I'd forgotten just how good season 4 has been, and I can't wait for the conclusion. I love how BSG is coming to an end on its own terms, and I think it's coming at exactly the right time, but I'm going to miss it. God damn this show is great.

We watched all the Webisodes, or Gaeta-sodes as we're calling them, and was frankly kinda unimpressed. Beyond the gasp-omg-shock thing they were apparantly going with with Gay-ta (ZOMG LOL!) it felt kind of clumsily tacked on (not that I have a problem with the homosexuality, of course, just that it felt unnecessary. A hetro love interest there would have felt equally forced and tacked on). The plot was interesting enough, but it felt very... I dunno, it lacked something, that big feeling that BSG has. I honestly thought they were only worth watching for the 2 teeny-tiny hints at the main series plot: that less than 4 days after finding Earth the fleet is back to business as usual and being chased by Cavil's forces, and that Geata has some shocking plan that he's going to talk to the Admiral about. *Shrug* So I dunno, check 'em out if you're like a huge fan of Gaeta or something.

22. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Guess what I'm downloading? :D

23. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    So... I guess that means your internot problems are a thing of the past? Or are you just teasing us?

24. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah - me too - but with it being described just a short time ago it's a very slow description until more people have been told about it.

25. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Guess what I've got ;)

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.