Battlestar Galactica mini series

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know some of you are big fans of the original. Well, I did the unthinkable and watched the first part last night. So far my opinion is in the middle of the road. It certainly isn't very memorable, but it isn't complete crap either.
    Although, if you are a purist the changing the gender of characters from the original series is a headscratcher.
    On the other hand, the thing isn't as much of a departure from the original's premise as I thought it was. So far the show comes off as kind of flat and dull. The effects wor is decent and the space battles are fairly good. I will have to watch tonight before I realy make up my mind.
    I think its worth checking out for curiousity's sake and there are some nice nods to the original, but I'm not exactly bouncing off the walls about what I saw last night either.
  2. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I watched it, and as a fan of the late 70's show, all I can say is wow, and I don't think I can ever watch the old series again. To me this show was everything the old wasn't. The story was more realistic, such as using nukes to destroy whole populations of humans instead of fighter craft in the orginial. The Ships were more realistic to this time around. All in all a very good effort and I don't think it will be a regular series again, but I wouldn't mind if they did a few more movies down the road.
  3. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Watched Part 2 last night and liked it better than Part 1. The starfighter stuff was pretty effective too. I'm not in love with it, but it left me kind of wanting to see where they might go with it next if they choose to turn it into a series. It sure ended with a lot of loose ends that left some interesting possibilities for new stories.
  4. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I used to set my clock by the old series, but think that all the whining about the sex changes was ridiculous. 1978 is GONE and you cant have it back. Get over it.

As for this, the war was definately better, with the cylons employing brutally lethal technology. But it ended on a downer for me. I wanted a huge blow out before the curtain fell. Oh well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.