main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Battlestar Galactica: The Direct-To-DVD Movie!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Interesting news BG fans...

Despite a slip in the ratings the show may continue to evolve beyond the confines of the Sci-Fi Channel. There is talk of a direct-to-DVD movie based on the new version of BG. Production on this direct-to-DVD story may happen in March. Around the time we'll be waiting to learn whether or not a fourth BG season will happen. The contents of the direct-to-DVD movie may help pave the way for the BG prequel titled Caprica. As I've stated in other posts Babylon 5 is the pathfinder for this avenue. B5's new direct-to-DVD movie is the inspiration for doing a BG related DVD movie. With B5 and now BG leading the way new Firefly and Farscape material can not be far behind.

2. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Theory For BG's 2007-08 Schedule

1. Jan. 21- Third season resumes
    2. March- Production of DVD movie
    3. May- Production of fourth season
    4. August- Production of Caprica prequel
    5. September- Release of DVD movie
    6. October- Fourth season starts
    7. December- Mid-season break for the fourth season
    8. Dec/Jan- Caprica prequel begins

3. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    will they be airing the prequal series at the same time as season 4? ... I mean...they won't end the present series in order to get the prequal one going, will they?

4. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Chances are that Caprica will start just after the mid-season break of season four. So chances are season four and Caprica will be running concurrent. The direct-to-DVD movie might be the two-hour 'pilot' episode for Caprica (or not). I'll relay word when more info is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.