San A, TX Battlestar Galactica to end after Season 4!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Hulk, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    I found this on Superherohype.com:

Source: Variety June 1, 2007

SCI FI Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" will sign off next year after its fourth season, producers said Thursday. Variety says the series had to fight to get renewed for a fourth season.

Executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick issued a joint statement saying it was their decision to end the series.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," the producers said. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms."

The producers promised to end the show "with a bang."

"Battlestar" will begin its fourth season with a two-hour episode in November. It will then return in early 2008 to finish out its 22-episode run.

SCI FI Channel hasn't yet said if it plans to move forward with a proposed "Battlestar" prequel series.

I immediately thought of you and Sandra, Alex. This is a sad development indeed.
  2. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    It is sad to see this series end. I was adamant that I was not watching the new series because I loved the original so much (sentimental value mostly) And then one day I was going through the channels and came up on it and thought I'd watch just a bit of it to see what is was about. Famous last words because I have been hooked ever since. I've actually cried and even yelled at the T.V at times because of this show (how they like to end almost every episode with you barely hanging on the edge of your seat). I tried to get my wife to watch but I can't convince her that it is not Star Trek. Now that it is ending I don't have anything to look forward to except the new Star Wars series coming out. Hopefully it can fill the void.
  3. tperez64 Jedi Padawan

Great! The only good Sci-Fi on TV and know it's going away. Not bad enough we have to wait a YEAR for the next and now final season.
  4. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    Fear not my friend. There is still Heroes, Stargate Atlantis, the upcoming Star Wars shows and a new show I am buzzing about...Bionic Woman. Yep, the remake of the original. We see how well it worked with BSG.
  5. tre_si_san Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Mars,

Did you hear that Katie "Strabuck" Sackhoff will be in the Bionic Woman? She is cast to play the evil bionic woman...Should be fun...
  6. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhhh, my favorite person! Katie Sackhoff should play the part well. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. As for BSG, they better frakkin' find Earth man.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.