main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Battlestar Galactica with "Brian Singer"

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jango-joe1, Sep 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    I read a magazine last night and it said that Brian Singer (Usual Suspects, X-Men) will helm a Battlestar Galactica Movie and the pilot episode to a new TV show.

While attending a Plano Con back in July, Richard Hatch (Apollo in the series) said that Brian is thinking about coming on. Hatch is still attending cons and showing his Battlestar Galactica: Second Coming movie preview. Hatch is also concerned that the old TV show actors and characters would not come back and Hollywood would have new actors to play new parts. Hatch's preview had the old characters plus some new ones played by new actors. The BSG fans range from their 20's-50's, so it will be nice to see some old and new faces.

In Hatch's preview it showed that they were in a search for Starbuck (Dirk Benidict) and fending off Cylons and even some new Cylons.

I just hope that this will come out either after AOTC or after Ep3. It seems like sci-fi shows are going back to the olden days...with Enterprise in the next few months...Battlestar Galactica will be around the corner as well.

2. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Sorry, I misspelled Mr. Singer's first name it's Bryan.

The Production Team at this point is:
    Bryan Singer- Director
    Tom DeSanto- Producer

Yep, the same team that did X-Men and working on X-Men 2

So far the TV show is sceduled for 2002

3. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    My mistake again:

Tom DeSanto: Writer and Executive Producer

4. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Cool I met the origonal art director for BSG, he lived up here in Allen and was very nice. Unfortunatly I didnt ask about his work on the show.

I'll have to see if he will be involved again. I can't remember his name for the life of me...

Check with ya later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.