main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I've seen a few episodes from the orginal when Geoff is watching it....and I got that...then I watched the new one and I fell behind after the first ten minutes. In the words of one of my heros..

"I'm so confused!"

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Like the first one, this remake was pritty bad. The ending of the Second instullment killed it for me. POODOO ON THEM!

I thaught I saw the rebel cruser....but wasn't sure until now.

The bad actors spoiled the show and I WANTED TO SEE MORE CYLONS! They were only in 2!!! SHOTS@!@@!!!! AGH!

3. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I guess since I had zero (bordering on negative) expectations about this, I liked it more than most. I expected it to suck and it didn't. It felt more like a pilot for a new series than a mini-series. Which it turns out to be true. It also doesn't appear to be getting a green light since most of the buzz on the internet is negative.

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Give it time, most likely when Enterprise goes off the air(which will be after this season and the Official announcement of this should be within a few weeks) then they will give it the green light.

5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    from Cinescape.com:

"The chances of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA becoming a new series for the network just hit turbo.

Ratings information for The Sci Fi Channel's two-part BATTLESTAR GALACTICA mini-series are in, and they'r cause for celebration for the cable channel. The show attracted the highest audience delivery for any original miniseries production on cable for the year, with an average of 4,177,000 homes tuned in to watch the remake. Additionally the second night of the series performed better than the first part, outperforming the competition on The WB and UPN. This makes the new BATTLESTAR the third highest-rated original event in Sci Fi's programming history, behind only STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS TAKEN and FRANK HERBERT'S DUNE mini-series.

The entire four-hour mini-series will be repeated this coming Sunday evening. "

:D I think they could really do something with this. I do think they should call is BSG 2.0 or something. It's like TNG was to the original series (remember all the problems the fans had with that? A klingon? A robot? An old, bald captain? How dare they?!)

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'd be impressed if they managed to put together an entire season (and not that 5 episodes stunt like season 4/5 of Farscape) of Battlestar Galactica. I'd watch it...most of the mini-series I liked.

One of the things I was hoping for, besides alot of Viper action...was some gunfights between Colonial Warriors and Cylons. The only "person" to fire their guns was Boomer...at a human none the less!

Does Boxy actually get to have a purpose in the series? I mean was Jane Seymore busy...so we dumped the kid with Boomer? The only thing i'm not looking forward to in a BG series is them to continue this "sexual tension" between Apollo and Lt. Kara Thrace (I will not refer to her by that other name ;) ) because when they introduce their version of Sheeba as Apollo's love interest, who plays Commander Kane...Jerry Springer? :D

I don't recall if there was anything mentioned at the time...was the original airdate supposed to be Sunday/Monday? Because on the keychains I grabbed at Mid-Ohio (for those of you who like the show) it has it scheduled for December 7th!!! Apparently the historical significance of that day slipped the mind of the folks at Sci-Fi...when planning to broadcast a story about a surprise attack? Orsen Wells is laughing somewhere, I can hear it!

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Did someone say something about Jerry Springer?

8. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, they finally showed it up here in Canada last weekend. I have a lot of fond memories of BG as my friend and I always played that at recess when I was a kid. I was Apollo and he was Starbuck. It would be a bit difficult to do that now. :p We should remember the original series had a relatively high cheese quotient IMO but it was entertaining.

I liked the new version and I look forward to the series that is sure to follow. I think the idea of the 12 Cylon models is good, it'll keep the suspense up for the duration as we only know four of the models.

I would bet, Krash, that Boxy is one of the models. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.