main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Just wondering if anyone here will be taping the new Battlestar Galactica on SciFi. I unfortunately don't have access to that channel and would really appreciate it someone could lend me a copy when they are done watching it.
    :)

2. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I think Jason is going to record it and I don't think he would mind if you borrowed it. I'm going to give this new Battlestar Galactica a look even though they changed a couple of the characters.

3. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I missed part one, but watched part two twice now. It doesn't have the same feel or tone as the original series, but the new Starbuck still has all the same qualities as the original! Yes! She smokes big ol' cigars, she's a gambler, a kick butt pilot who's reckless and a showoff as well as the best at what she does. Her stunt to save Apollo in part two and how she tells off her C.O. makes me real happy with her. I only wish they'd showcase her more than they are.

-Cephas

4. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I've only seen the BSG reruns within the last year, the thing about is that I was never that impressed with it. It had some ideas that appealed to me and some of the more subtle features were cool. (the melded ancient civilisations themes, implying a common origin) Sadly It seems that some of these features are missing from the remake, but since the current archiological knowledge would make them laughable I think I can understand some of it.
    I will say that IMHO the acting in the remake is infinately better and the characters arn't so cut and dry, clean and shallow. The new actors have depth and gritty flaws. They are real. The 'new' cylons bothered me a little, it nearly ruined the story in my opinion. And there are some things missing (mostly non humans like the dog thing, and the beetle browed hunter that are part of the civilian population) from this version.

5. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    Hey Cephas, there's a marathon of the new Battlestar Galactica on Sunday starting at 7PM if you want to see the first episode. I'm going to watch it because I haven't been able to see it when it's been on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.