Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    My parents were here this past week, so we celebrated Christmas with them last Wednesday. One of the things I got (and have been wanting) was the Battlestar Galactica box set with the cool Cylon box. I have watch a couple of episodes so far and remember my childhood. Hours in front of the TV staring in awe of the space battles (After Star Wars, this was the closest thing out there)and loved it, and I still love it after all these years. Now here comes Monday (Dec. 8th) and the new Battlestar Galactica series. I sat down in my chair for what I assumed to be a great new show. I knew that there had been some changes, like Starbuck being a girl (which I thought was a poor doing). After the first 10 minutes I was disappointed. Then it got worse. The only hightlight to the whole movie was James Almos (sp?). About the only thing they got right is that Appolo's brother (Zac) died. Appolo, Starbuck, Boomer (also a female now) are just call signs. Don't get me wrong, I believe in female pilots (They had some very good ones in the original series) I just wish they would have left the names flow with the right sex. A love interest between Appolo and Starbuck...isn't that sacreligious or something...I mean YUK! The story was spread too thin. They tried to pack too much into the first episode. On a scale from 1-5, 1 being worst and 5 being best, I would give the new show a 1.5. I will continue to watch the rest of the mini-series in hopes that they redeem themselves (at least I have all the old episodes I can watch), but at best from what I've seen so far, this new series is a cold steak that has been microwaved...just wrong.

Jedi Master Kel
  2. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't even bother to watch it.
  3. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed it Monday night, but caught the last hour of the first part and the entire second part last night. I thought it was pretty good. Admittedly, I didn't watch the original series much. So I don't have as much invested in it as others. Of course, the highlight for me what that Richard Hatch was in no way invovled with it. All in all, if they were to do more of the series I would watch. One thing that did stand out was Jamie Bamber, the guy who played Apollo. I think he would make a good Jag Fel.
  4. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    Episode 2

Last night's show was somewhat better. It had a few more twist and turns. Character development was better. Starbuck's character still sucks! Boomer being a female was bad enough, but now a Cylon, just not plausable. She's the one looking after Boxy now not Appolo. Maybe Boomer will resist her controllers. The show did have some very good moments (believable ones). For instance, they had to make the decision to leave thousands of colonials traped in their sublight ship's, because there wasn't time to transfer them to ships that could go to lightspeed (or whatever they call it). Hard decision to make and they did it believably. Adama's character is still the shining star of the series. Oh, by the way, with the new President having cancer (don't know how long she has to live) it's hard to see if there will be a love interest between the Pres and Adama. Who can tell? At this point I'd just like to see some more Cylon's. At least their acting couldn't be any worse.

Jedi Master Kel
  5. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Kel, do you know if they are going to turn it into a regular series? I thought last nights was the last one.
  6. Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Knight

star 2
    wasnt Richard Hatch pissed off about it. I remember hearing that at IQM2. And any word on a possible IQM3 yet?
  7. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, Richard didn't like it. Probably because they didn't pick up his pitch. Also, he didn't care for Starbuch being a girl either.

IQMIII, who knows? I just want to know the date and location of Celebration III.

JMK
  8. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
  9. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    Tristan,

What's up? What you sorry about? Whatever it is we can forgive you. Did you clean your toilet with the Emperor's toothbrush again?

JMK
  10. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    JMK,

C3 is going to be in Indy again same as C2. Dates April 24-26, 2005. Got a good inside tip from one of the ladies running Gen Con (they're doing C3). Look for offical announcement sometime this week or next. Its also already been posted on the 501st message boards. Mark your calendars and start saving your money. I know Ill be there.

Dale
  11. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks for the inside scoop. I have already started saving. I think Dalton and I along with whoever else wants to join (and split the cost), are going to rent a room.

Kevin
  12. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    /reads posts while brushing his teeth

SPPPUTTTTTT!!!!!!!! GAK! WHAT?

/throws down toothbrush

!#$^@&%#$&$$##%!$#

Anyways, I plan on being at CIII, myself. I dont know how many from the Eastern Rim will be attending, but I am hoping it will be a good chunk of us. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.