main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Commander Antilles, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Anyone else here a fan? After the ending of Friday's episode, I'm itching to chew it all over. I was expecting it (I heard the rumours) but that ending was still a punch right in the gut. Lords of Kobol, hear my prayer: Watch over your fallen BSG cast member.

2. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Haven't seen any of the new series at all - but I'm now hearing the original theme song going round and round my head!

Funny, coz a mate gave me the entire first (new) series on "eye-patch" DVD and I haven't ever played them. That'd be easily over 12 months ago.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, I haven't seen the 3rd year, and none of the fourth yet... but who was the cylon? Is that the surprise? If it's Adama, I so called it.

4. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    ou do hear the original theme a couple of times in the new version. ;)

And you need to watch at least the first two episodes of S1.

The 5th of the final five? Not been revealed yet, though I doubt it's Adama.

5. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Best show on television. I wish they made more toys. I again, am pissed that they're going to make us wait until 2009 to finish this final season. But it will be worth it.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Dost my eye deceive me? Could it actually be Dale???

Dude! I don't know crap about "Battlestar Galactica", but I'm glad to see you!

(OK, well, I know about the original series, but haven't watched the new one.)

7. Hothiceplanet2187

Hothiceplanet2187 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2008
    I loved the orginal series and still watch that quite often.

I do what the new series. It is really different, but I do really like it.

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I loved the original movie and subsequent series.

I had a crush on Richard Hatch for all of 1979...

I need to get the box set.

9. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Richard Hatch is in the updated series too... //shameless plug

Though he's quite a Machiavellian figure in it, rather than a squeaky clean Viper pilot.

10. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I've watched the miniseries up through the 3rd season and Razor.

Really dig that show. You never know what's gonna happen.

Lin

11. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    The last ten episodes begin tonight!

Watch it, you won't be seeing Adama, Tigh, Starbuck, Six, or Baltar and his harem again!

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I've got the DVR scheduled to record it tonight! I haven't seen seasons 3 or 4, but I watched SciFi's show about the 10 things you need to catch up. A lot more cylons than when I watched it before!

13. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    So.... Any thoughts???

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Nicki and I caught a couple of the last episodes of last season. Man was I confused and there were plenty of "What the..?!" moments that happened (Dee, the transponder signal, Earth, the final Cylon).

I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Lin

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I totally did not expect Ellen as the last Cylon. I thought it was Kara. There's still something up with Kara, though.

And they pulled the old bait and switch with both Kara and Dee, I think.

Depressing episode, but the first of many. Can't wait for next Friday night.

16. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Ellen as the last Cyclon surprised me, but I'm happy that they didn't go with the obvious Kara=Cyclon plot.

I was shocked by Dee killing herself. Totally didn't see that one coming.

17. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I wonder how/if Ellen comes back. Maybe she's been on the nuked Earth somewhere the whole time and has been calling them back or maybe she was reborn in some secret place and found Earth and signaled for the Cylons to come back.

18. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Adios Dee! I thought she'd cheered up a bit. Should have known that anyone on this show who acts cheerful is going to have something horrible happen to them!

Ellen Tigh as the fifth Cylon? Meh. Could have picked a more interesting character.

And I hope they give us proper answers on everything involving the 12 colonies, the Cylons, and all the mystical stuff. If the writers aren't careful, the whole thing could become a horrible mess.

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I agree. If they start getting too deep into the mystical stuff and prophecy, or naming Kara a "Chosen One" -- they come dangerously close to jumping the shark.

20. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    The mystical stuff certainly needs answering. There's the opera house visions shared by Roslin, Baltar, Six, and Athena, and why they involve Hera. Then there's the Head Six (and how she appeared as flesh and blood in one episode way back in Season 1). And finally, of course, there's Starbuck, her apparent precognition, her Head Leoben (who may be part of a third faction that's guiding events), and her resurrection, which this episode has really brought centre stage.

21. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I saw a pretty good bit of speculation on the SomethingAwful forums today to the effect that the BSG Earth had resurrection technology and the Cylons had discovered it somehow during the original war with the Colonies. It certainly seems to answer nearly all the open questions, like how the Cylons went from crude metal robots to partly biological Cylon Raiders, Baseships and finally the skinjobs in 40 years; exactly what they were doing in that lab that Adama finds in Razor; how all the ?new? Cylons knew about the originals when no one in the Colonies did, and the Raiders and Centurions at least knew exactly who the Final Five were (when they scanned and recognized Anders); etc etc.

The only stuff it doesn?t answer is Starbuck (how did the wreckage of her Viper get to Earth, what rebuilt the Viper along with resurrecting her, how did it put her and the Viper back at the fleet?s location, and why at a critical moment?)

22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Do we know who any of the Raiders are? Are all of the 12 cylons skinjobs?

The Kara thing is a mystery. I'm still of the opinion she's some weird messiah/hybrid thing, and that's why Hera is so imporatant as well.

Maybe Ellen is still on Earth somewhere manipulating all of these events?

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    [image=http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w293/bu****ales/cactuscon%202009/IMG_6579.jpg]

Met Aaron Douglas/Chief at Cactuscon last weekend. When we went to sit down at the guest dinner we asked him if the empty seats at his table were taken. "Uh, I'm not sure...", he replied. The girls sitting at the table told us they weren't, so we went to sit down. Chief gets up and says he sees some other folks he's going to go sit with and starts to walk off. I said, "Fine- we didn't want to sit with a dirty cylon anyway!" He turned and laughed and said, "No, no- it's not like that!" I saw him at breakfast the next morning and didn't think about calling him a toaster until after we'd left!

Micah got to go to his panel and really enjoyed it. Said he was very funny.

24. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I met Aaron Douglas (and the Old Man) at a convention last year (I'm ashamed to admit that I slipped into Galaxy Quest convention nerd mode in getting them to sign my BSG Seasons 1-3 set [face_blush] ). Douglas was a nice guy, he had a look at the set and said he'd not seen one before (think it's a UK only set).

25. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Goddamn it, they can't leave me hanging for a week!!

But if the worst is true, I want Roslin and Lee to take unholy vengeance!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.