Battlestar Galatica

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by Shadoe42, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    So who watched? What did you think? Honestly I have very little trouble accepting this as something different. As to me it really only bears a small passing resemblance to the original. The nods to the original are nice but really this is definitly something different. Haven;t decided yet if I really like it totally. We'll see how it goes tomorrow night.
  2. FaceLoran Jedi Knight

star 3
    As someone only vaguely familiar with the original, I'd have to say that the new one was ok, IMO. Nothing I hadn't seen before in story or presentation, but nothing bad either. A lot of good sci-fi standbys, and even I recognized some nods to the original.
  3. RogerRoger517 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I actually like what I have seen so far. The old clumsy robots were never very threatening.

On an related note, the Battlestar Galatica theme of Man's technology catching up with him has been played a couple of franchises(Matrix, Terminator). Was BG the first story along these lines?
  4. RogerRoger517 Jedi Knight

star 2
    So is there no more interest in BG?? I finally got to see part 1 tonight. A lot is made of the technology that enabled the Galatica to survive that I thought was interesting.

Have seen news that they are intending to continue to series(3rd highest rating in SciFi history) as well as the Carnivale series on HBO(same writer).

Speaking of Carnivale, IMO had some interesting parts, but was slower than all get out.
  5. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have Sci-Fi, but i'm not a BG fan as i never saw the original. *shrugs*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.