Ark Battlestar: Razor...discuss here...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Calling all Battlestar fans...

Come here after the weekly and discuss...discuss...discuss....

And explain what is going on for Pete's sake... I'm lost...
  2. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've only seen a tidbit on this (don't have cable or internet at the moment) and if it's what I think (Adama when younger) it looks cool. Though it's prob mainly cuz they've run out of ideas to come up with for the episodes [face_laugh] or juz taking a break from the regular show. Regardless I thought it looked cool. I happened to catch one of the short showing at Ramon's folks house when we were watching Doctor Who there. It looked cool.
  3. solo71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't have cable or Direct Tv anymore. I was keeping up with Battlestar religously and had hoped to have cable again before they started new episodes. I understand that the new season doen't start til 2008, but that their would be a 2 hour tv movie in the meantime. What am I missing?!?
  4. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    What happened was fans rioted when the season ended in March and were told there would be no new eps until Jan '08. This is a way to appease us while they work on the final season....
  5. solo71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    So are they episodes that are currently airing on Sci Fi, or what. Help me out here, I'm going crazy. I can't stand the idea of missing anything Battlestar.
  6. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They're playing lil snipits of Adama's past. At least that's what they advertised.

Hey Jaira are they planning on showing all the snipits at one time? [face_thinking] Gotta get a copy of that if they are...don't have TV or internet so can't watch it when they do it. Perhaps you could record it and I could borrow it? [face_batting] Purty peas? [face_dancing]
  7. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I think right now the "snippets" are running on Sci-Fi during Torchwood?

I know I've got a couple of them on my Torchwood tivos...

I can tivo them, but won't be able to put them on a disc until there are 3 or 4 episodes...(discs are expensive)
    If Jaira doesn't wind up being able to record the...

Of course we could have a "watch" party...
  8. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I think there will be a tv movie that will bring everything together, if I've heard right. That should be in November sometime. I don't think you've missed anything, Solo. And I'm pretty sure I can record it. ;)
  9. solo71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    To quote everybodies least favorite/most hated Star Wars character, "Any help here would be hot." Whatsa me a sayin indeed.
  10. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought Torchwood was on BBC, which I don't get anymore...

They are showing 2 minute clips on SciFi during Flash Gordon. I have all the pertinent Flash Gordon eps on my DVR.

There is going to be a Razor "event" at the end of November, but I don't know if it is one "movie" or if it is the beginning of some sort of season.
  11. StarkRhavyn Jedi Master

star 3
    I thought it was supposed to be a short series, from what I understood. But who knows.
    Also I heard the bulk of the story is supposed to be about the adventures the Pegasus had before meeting up with the Galactica.
    I don't know what that story has to do with the clips they're showing of Adama during the first Cylon war. But it's cool to see the original style Cylon ships in combat. The younger dude they got playing Adama is kinda trying a little too hard to talk like him, though.
    You can catch the clips on Scifi's website.
  12. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/razor/
  13. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I may have recorded episodes of Flash confused with my recorded episodes of Torchwood...

(Darn those blurred together sci-fi dramas...)

Sorry about that one...

Thanks for the linky Jaira.
  14. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Essentially, for those that don't know the "history" of the humans and Cylons in the show, "Razor" will be a "flashback" of the events that were endured by the crew of the Battlestar Pegasus (both during the first Cylon war some 40 years ago and during the current war) particularly over the period of time before the Pegasus met up with Galactica. There's a gap between the two ships coming together in the flight from (and fight against) the Cylons.

The show/movie will serve as sort of a lead-in to the upcoming 4th season of Battlestar Galactica.

For the fans of the show, there's a fan group (sorta like FanForce) that I have been in touch with about getting a state chapter (no major deal right now, but I'd like to get a more "official" presence someday) here since they've got none. I am already a member, and anyone wanting to join please e-mail me with the following information (so I can pass it along to the folks there - and so you don't get stuck in Louisiana's chapter/ship). And no, I don't know why THIS information is specifically, requested. *g*

> name
    > address
    > email
    > date of birth
    > hair color
    > eye color

The site for the group can be found at this URL: http://www.cdfcommand.com/cdfphpws/

We need 5 people to be a Gunship in the fleet (and they badly need those I was told). If anyone is interested drop me a PM with that info and I'll e-mail it the folks at the CDF to see about getting us our ship and chapter set up.
  15. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think it's on BBCA (BBC America) still/now. I seem to recall seeing it listed on the guide when I was scrolling through looking for something.

Razor airs Saturday night at 8:00pm (local time), and yes it IS a "movie." The DVD (for sale on 4 Dec) is listed as being 101 minutes (per Amazon.com's listing).

16. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    One more thing... if we put a ship together, we get to name it and can determine who's in what position aboard it (if/when we get to that point I'll set up something somewhere to not have to do all this on the FF forums since it's not even related to SW other than it too being a "sci-fi geek" interest). ;)

17. Nativtxn Jedi Padawan

Well I must say "Razor" was a bit of a disappointment for me. While it was enjoyable, I expected it to show alot more of what happened to Pegasas after the initial attack (battles); not these present time snippets and flashbacks. Pegasas was the ass kicker of the Colonial fleet and I thought they were going to show it doing just that. Most of what they showed was already know from previouos conversations. Also I did not care for the 1970's CGI Cylon Centurians they showed; they were way too skinny and they moved way to fast compared to the originals.
    Was good, just not what I was expecting.
  18. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    While I could be interested in some sort of BSG fandom, there is no way I am going to give my full name, address and DOB to complete strangers...

As for Razor, I liked it. It wasn't all that I hoped, or they hyped, but it was still good.

I didn't mind the Centurions. I thought they made a nice transition. The cylons obviously didn't go from the classic model to the current reimagining in one step. That was the whole point of the flashbacks. They were showing how they got to where they are.

As for Pegasus being the "the ass kicker of the Colonial fleet..." I think you were projecting. I'd have to watch it again, but it seems like they were a new crew with a new (or newly recommissioned) ship in dry dock who happened to survive the attacks by accident--then they became a bunch of dysfunctional berks bent on revenge.
  19. Peanut_Butter_Time Jedi Padawan

Just to help on the comment of the address and other info they request the only reason they request the information from you is for your free membership packet with your ID card which has all of the information you put in on the site such as hair color ,eye color ,dob
  20. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    I DVR'd Razor and had the chance to finally sit down and watch it last week and I liked it. It wasn't as
    "earth shattering" as some had hoped, but I didn't feel completely let down by it either. All in all it was a pretty good flick. :)

And as for the info for that group - they're not getting anything that's not practically public information already anyway... But I am only a part-time paranoid geek *g* and I don't tend to get too torqued up over some of those things - If anyone actually came around here to start something I wouldn't be too afraid. After all, we've got guns (And we don't shoot like stormtroopers!) [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.