main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Battlestar Spoilers - Read At Your Own Risk

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey Nuggets!

I've seen images from the third season episode titled Dirty Hands. It shows a kid that I believe is a 15 year old Boxey. Now as some of you know Boxey was revealed as one of the 'final five' Cylon 'skinjobs' in the BG novel Saggitarus Is Bleeding. In the image it shows Boxey being confronted and Chief Tyrol questioning Boxey's interrogator. Not sure if Boxey's secret is out yet or not.

2. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    Well now, a few weeks after that episode and we know that wasn't Boxey.

I just read some spoilers for the final ep of this season.

******Spoilers*********

Apparently, we'll meet the final 5 cylons in the season finale and we know all of them. And a real surprise in the very last scene.

3. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I think one of them died at the end of the last episode. Won't they be surprised when they wake up on a Cylon resurrection ship.

4. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
  5. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Yes I was wrong about Boxey being in the episode Dirty Hands.

However I'm not wrong about Boxey being a Cylon 'skinjob'. That bit of info was revealed in Peter David BG novel titled Saggitarus Is Bleeding. According to the producers the novels and comic books are considered canon. Each novel/comic book is checked by the producers. The approach to BG merchandising is a multi-media event (like Shadows Of The Empire). If you need proof of my statements find the producer interviews in the BG magazine. Sorry I do not remember the exact issue number.

6. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    I wasn't disagreeing about Boxey being a skinjob, just about him being in that ep. And I only said it because I thought it was funny that I was responding to a spoiler thread 3 or 4 weeks after the ep aired (my stupidity, sorry).

I haven't read the novels or comics, so I can't speak as to what is in them.

I hadn't heard that about the producers considering the novels and comics canon - that's refreshing, and nice to hear.

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Did I type in my 'angry voice'? Did not mean to be so strident. I've been on other boards stating the case to people who refuse to accept the new BG's spin-off merchandise as legit. Many simply can not accept what the producers have said. These people seem not to see the 'big picture'. I mean disguising a Cylon as a kid is perfect for Human society infiltration. Ever see that movie Screamers (based on a Philip K. Dick story)? It had a kid that was not a kid, but a homicidal android. Creepy stuff. So Peter David was allowed to reveal one of the remaining Cylon 'skinjobs'. The novel Saggitarus Is Bleeding was quite good. It introduces a sect of Humans that believe in the Norse/Viking mythology. Wotan instead of Zeus. Speaking of the new BG novels the next novel will be released in April. It is titled Unity and is written by Steven Harper. I've already ordered it. Even better are the comic books by Dynamite Entertainment. They in my opinion are even better than the show! Really! So much more can be done on paper than on TV. The comic books have provided more background details on the Twelve Colonies and conflicts before the Second Cylon War (aka - the search for Earth). Such as the Third Colonial Conflict (civil war among the 12 Colonies) and the First Cylon War (complete with the co-opted classic style Cylon Centurian). Some fun surprises await you in both the novels and comic books.

8. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I'm prolly wrong, but I remember reading that while the producers do approve the BSG comics and books, they do not consider them part of the TV storyline. At the time, I think it was compared to the cut scenes: they are presented so that the fans can enjoy them, but they don't fall into the main story at all anymore.

In fact, the Battlestar Wiki considers them a separate continuity because they take so many liberties with things. For example, the comic shows Adama on a command bridge looking at a big window, much like the orriginal series. We know there is no such command window: the designers specifically wanted it this way.

I guess thats why I have a hard time accepting the other stuff as canon.

9. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    It's nice when the books/comics can be cannon. However, it simply becomes too difficult for continuity to be maintained. Take Trek and Wars - the powers that be on both those fronts do not consider the novels/comics cannon.

I, for one, prefer it when both are separate.

Edric

10. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Well in the case of Trek you are 100 percent correct. Both Paramount and Pocket Books acknowledge that the novels are not canon.

In the case of SW the novels and comics that do not have the Infinities symbol on them are considered canon.

In the case of B5 the novels based on Straczynski outlines are 100 percent canon.

In the case of BG the novels and comics are checked and approved by the TV producers.

11. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    So you think after Crossroads Part 2 that Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, and Tory are Cylons and that Starbuck is back from the dead and that Earth is just a hyperspace jump to the galactic flipside.

Nuggets pay attention to the metaphorical meaning behind BG's techno version of Bob Dylan's All Along The Watchtower. The answers to what is really going on are there. The song is both a cryptic and apocolyptic warning.

As a viewer of Crossroads Part 2 you should be very wary of projected illusions. Not so much by the Cylon fleet, but by their Cylon god. I strongly believe that the Cylon god is the entity responsible for the Invisible Six/Invisible Baltar.

The Cylon god is using the image of Starbuck to bring the Galactica and rag-tag civilian fleet to what appears as Earth, but I think it is a darkly massive lie and trap. One that will make New Caprica look like a pleasant picnic. A faction of the Cylons might have a hand in this, but the real trickster is the Cylon god. The lure of a promised land is an old mythic plot device. The Galactica and rag-tag civilian fleet are like the sailors on Odyssesus's boat. The one's that hear the haunting and enticing music of the Syrens. Only to be lured to their eternal doom.

How does the resurrected Starbuck fit in. She is either a Cylon god projection or she is connected to the 'Beings of Light'. That's splitting hairs though. The Cylon god is likely a revised Count Iblis (aka Lucifer, Satan, Baal, Pazuzu, Loki, etc.) from the classic show. So according to myths this devious entity was once a 'Being of Light' fallen from 'grace' (aka the unquestionable godly status quo). Are you seeing the meaning behind the statement- "what has happened before is happening" again?

I think what we will find in season 4 is that our heroes have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. They escaped the prison of New Caprica only to be lured into a ever more elaborate kind of hell. The visions that Roslin, Sharon, and Caprica 6 have are of the future reality. One in which the Humans and Cylons are well cared for prisoners - might even call them beloved pets of the either the 'Beings of Light'(aka Lords of Kobol) or the Cylon god (aka revised Iblis entity, former 'Being of Light').

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    There must be some kinda way outta here ...

13. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    ...since when was Ba'al evil? :confused:

14. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Ba'al? As in Bocce?

15. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm sorry Gang, sorry Kesh, but.....

WHAT THE FRACK?

Bob Dylan?

And they were singing the song, so Dylan's "Watchtower" is now in-universe BSG cannon.

Uggg. I hate that crwap. Why interject American pop culture into a galaxy not all that far away, but far enough a way to be out of Billboard Magazine's subscription service? Ugg.

Almost as bad as the "Jedi Maxium" from one of the Barbra Handley Novels, "Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans."

No, really. I hate this crap (sorry to be so negative). Is it so hard to come up with an orignial song?

Sigh. Why am I burdoning you folks? Cuz, I want Kesh to make it all better. Explain it as some master stroke. Go ahead, I'm listening.

16. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Uh, Yoda Jammies (others) I've posted my theories to this topic and the spoilers topic. Before reading my theories though read wikipedia's All Along The Watchtower. That will I think give you a primer on the cryptic and apocolyptic meaning from this song and how it applies to BG. Then read my theories on this topic and if you dare go to the topic reserved for spoilers. Keep in mind I've got theories only and no inside info at this point. Oh and one other thought - the producers may be using surrealistic techniques learned from the cult classic British series titled The Prisoner.

17. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Well we are seven months away from season four, yet some details have leaked. The season four opening episode is titled Razor. It is a two part episode. Story details include a new character from the Pegasus crew. Her name is Taggert. She had connections to the Quorum of Twelve. Nepotism allowed her to rise fast. Other details include a few flashbacks to a twenty-year old William Adama on his first missions as a Colonial Viper pilot. So we'll see a younger actor play Bill in the past.

SPECULATION:

This Taggert character might be a big factor in the Battlestar Pegasus TV-movie. She is one of the connections between this TV-movie on season 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.