BattleTech anyone? *date change!!!*

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by sideshow212, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    lets have a battletech party!
    i know a few of you know how to play, those of you that don't we can teach you.
    battletech is a miniature scale mecha strategy combat game, kinda like the video game but with mini's and you can have more fun!
    lets plan for saturday november 30th, from 12:00 noon until about 8:00pm at my place.
    if this time is cool, lemme know.
    bring your own food and stuff, and lets party! :D

edit: thanks for coming guys! check out this thread for planning future battletech parties!
  2. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The true heirs to Clan Wolf and the Dragoons will remind you why the falcons usually stay cowering in their nests.
  3. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    ha! we will see who slinks away with their tail between their legs! ;)

FOR THE HONOR OF CLAN JADE FALCON!
  4. aztrooper0013 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Feh....Old school Marauders kick ass.

Better'n this new-fangled Omni stuff. ;)
  5. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  6. Darth_Moridin Jedi Master

star 1
    For the untarnishable honor of Clan Jade Falcon, truest descendants of the great Kerensky, I shall attend!
  7. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I could probably be convinced to come. :D I used to play Battletech, and I've been playing MW2 for years. :D
  8. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I have no idea how to play, but your manly proclamations for various clans have sparked my interest! :D

You'll have to teach me though. I've never played Battletech, just seen it on TV.

Hee hee! You guys ROCK!

*Wenchy Kisses Boys!*

I'm in if you'll teach me and I can come. :D
  9. harpm1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You know, I've always wanted to learn how to play that game. Would I need to buy any dice or anything before hand?

By the way, the last time I ever played a D&D type game was like 17 years ago.
  10. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Mofo's, it's all about clan Diamond Shark! YEAH!

;)
  11. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We have dice, you only need 2 six sided dice for the game.
  12. Darth_Greedo Jedi Master

star 3
    I will play in honor of Jade Falcon!!!!
  13. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    yeah, anyone who wants to learn can come!
    we can teach you how to play, it's not hard...

if you have mechs and dice, bring 'em, if not, we will have plenty to go around!!!
  14. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool!! I'll bring me, some dice, and some food. :D
  15. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    here's a link to a cool little program that you can design mechs on your computer with...
    BattleMech Designer
    it's a little old, no level 3 rules, but i like it...
    i imagine we will play with level 2 rules anyways, 3055-3058 or 3060 tech?
  16. Darth_Myles Jedi Master

star 2
    The "Black Knights" would love to attend...but the Sunday might be a problem...then again...it might not! I'll have to see as the date gets closer.
  17. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cowards. Cowards and Kraven all. For the Honor and Glory of Clan Ghost Bear. Alone among the Clans did Jorgenson defy Nicholass Kerensky, and walk unafraid into the wilds of Strana Mechty to face the fury of winter and the might of the greatest creature to ever grace the surface of any planet; the mighty Ghost Bear.

A blanket of white,
    a moment of rage,
    teeth and claws,
    eyes of blue,
    a blanket of red.

Alone among the clans will we aid each other and not feel scorn for it. Alone amoung the clans will we marry and raise our Get in Glory. Alone amoung the calns are we who walk unafraid the wilds of Strana Mechty, with but a spear and a parka, to take the Clawing. Before you can account yourselves the greatest, you must test your might on the best. The wolves ran screaming into the night when all that was good about them left with Phalen Kell. The Falcons? To blinded by honor to be taken seriously. Honor is to be lived, not claimed. Lot those among you who have courage stand against the might of The First Polar Guards. Then Perchance you shall be able to gain true measure of your Mettle.

Sorry guys. It's just been so long, I just slipped into Character. When I have leisure I will slip down to phoenix and remind you all of the might hidden in the snows. besides, I have to defend my position in the pecking order do I not?

-Joseph
  18. Darth_Moridin Jedi Master

star 1
    Gawd, I miss you down here, Jo. You NEED to come visit!
  19. Darth_Greedo Jedi Master

star 3
    I second that motion I wish he could be down here for the party tomorrow then we could have are very own chewbacca here.
  20. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    That was just awesome. [face_shocked]

You don't happen to be in Northern AZ do you?
  21. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    All I can say is that no matter what Clan acomplished what...The Great Founder passed his spirit to his son who set us on our course. And Nicholas found that the Wolf had the true vision of Kerensky along with the honor, strength, and wisdom to carry it out. That's why he chose us to bear his name, legacy, and lead the Clans through the waves of history.

No other clan enjoyed the growth, prosperity, and advancement that Wolf has all at once. No other Clan has produced a warrior that has taken 4 Mechs during her second trial of position much less at nearly 80. And no other clan could have been nearly split asunder by it's differences...but even after a massive civil war and mauling, all others were either afraid to try and attack us or limped home after daring to attempt it.

In fact I still remember Khan Marth Pryde's famous words after leading The Jade Falcon's against The Wolf clan during that time. "All Jade Falcons retreat."

So I leave you with the motto of my 27th Assault star. "Is that all you've F@&#ing got ?"
  22. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh yes. Let none forget the wolves. Or their envy of the truly great clan, the mighty Wolverine. Just becauase the wolverine Bid sharper then everyone else, took better care of their resources then everyone else, and were preforming better then Nicholas's favored Wolves, that is no reason not to have sought their anhilation. And who frounted this assault? Nichalos Kerensky and his bloodthirsty wolves. In the hunt they absorbed the Spider Clan, which is where they Got Natasha's bloodline. And you know the great secret? Nichy used nukes on the Wolverines. All this was hidden when that Knave Michale Stackpole came and started writing. Why? Becuase he wanted to rewrite the history oif the clans so that his Wolves were better. But no, some of us remember the truth. Like the fact that the Bears bear a great emnity for the wolves dating from this time. IN the newer Stackpole books Vlad claimes the Bears were allies. This is NOT true. Durring their Hunt of the Wolverine, part of the clan Escaped into the Inner Sphere through Ghostbear space. The Wolves were met at the Border by the might of the Bear for they should not enter The territory of the bear without permission. The wolves did not like this, but at that time the Bears had not just fought a War of Anhiallation, and a War of Absorbtion, and could have easily Destroyed the Wolves and scattered them yelping like the whining curs they are. Why did they not? and why did they stay their hands while both the Wolf and The Jade Falcons where Vulnerable after their Civil war? The Bear could easily have absorbed both Clans and then made a strong bid to become the Il Clan. And why did they not do this? Because there is no Honor in destroying a weaker foe. For all their Vaunted 'Honor', Both the Falcons and the Wolves will leap on a crippled foe with great abandon.

Nothing personal, just a history lesson.

-Jo
  23. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    heh, thats joe! ;)
    the man taught me everything i know about the game, and i've never known a better person in the cockpit of a mech! :D
    just because i don't fly the ghost bear colors, doesn't mean i don't respect a worthy foe...

too bad you can't be here for the Btech party bro!

24. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    actually, if it is on the first of December, I might come. Unless of course people want me to stay up here. Because If I come there, I will be Getting PAID by DELL to kick your butts. :)

-Jo
  25. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    d00d! heck yeah you should come down here!

as darth vader said:"we would be honored by your presence" :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.