main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battletech cartoon

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Sven_Starcrown, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Anyone else used too watch this?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138224/

Based upon the strategy war game and set during events in the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy by Michael Stackpole, a small independent unit lead by Maj. Adam Steiner fights their way to their home planet of Somerset when news of an army of mysterious invaders calling themselves the Clans begin to conquer world after world in their ultimate goal to take Terra. The First Somerset Strikers, as the unit is called, is assigned to take the fight to the Clans and learn as much of the invaders as they can, all the while being pursued by an obsessive Clan Jade Falcon warrior named Nicholai Malthus

Edit:

i got trough the first 2 episodes and its bad. Starting this thread wa a mistake.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I enjoyed it, even if the dialog was incrediblly wooden and the concepts simplified to kiddie-vision. And it did get better. By the end of the series, the cliffhanger was getting pretty decent.

3. Master_Chief

Master_Chief Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2003
    I'd never seen it when it aired, but found the whole thing online a few months ago.

Very amusing for me, though my friends who're more hard core Battletech fans wanted to gouge their eyes out.

4. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    I cannot watch it.[face_blush]

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Yes, for the die-hard battle-techer or whatnot, I'm sure the cartoon is painful beyond words. The fact that some of the fundamental concepts (eugenics programs) were even touched in a cartoon geared for the 8-12 yo market was way out there at the time. It's not like kids had Adult Swim to watch in order to learn about mamalian biology and reproduction as they do now.

6. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    Koohi posted:
    Yes, for the die-hard battle-techer or whatnot,

I am not a Battletech fan. Its a weak cartoon thats all. of course this is my personal opinion.

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, compare it to what else was around at the time: ExoSquad, Highlander the Animated Series... OK, so I can't actually think of any other cartoons that came out that same year... It was also about the 2nd or 3rd year of Batmand: The Animated Series, and the first year of SuperMan. Military cartoons weren't in style at the time. Had it been the mid 80s, that might have been different.
    Also, they had a decent excuse (still an excuse mind you) for switching from traditional to early CGI.

8. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    Its not that bad, it had some good moments. But it lacks creativity.

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Man that cartoon sucked, with a captial S.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.