main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Bay Area Babblings

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Dec 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi, This is a general chat thread for the Tampa Bay FF. You can discuss just about anything as long as it adhears to the rules of Internet and FF board manners, no spamming, flamming or nastiness.
    Marie
    CR

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Ok, I got Star Wars die cast figure, Star Wars lego keys chains, Mickey glow candle, E-One claender, Santa's cardiologist sent me an EKG quick reference book, Cashmere cologne, laser level, beans toy, relaxing CD's, all in one tea pot cup, my Mom took me on cruise to the islands, St. Thomas, Nassau and St, Martin. gift certificates and such.

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    To clear up some info. regarding the Tampa local Star Wars club. I am no longer able to respond to any posts directed to me on the Yahoo groups without my messages being moderated and approved by the owner/president, Ron. I have not resigned from the FanForce chapter and inaccurate info. was posted by Ron. If you want info. please contact me privately either here or on my email posted via the Yahoo groups profile, mrankin2@msn.com.

Thank you

4. Moff_Mok_Kelmon

Moff_Mok_Kelmon Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2003
    Marie I have tried to contact you but you and kevin are not returning my email's or phone calls. You were under the impression that The Dark Side and tampa docking bay 1138 are are not connected in any way. When in fact The Dark Side is an Official Chapter of Theforce.net which you have had a problem understanding from day one. If you had taken the time to try and understand how things were structured you would have understood that The Dark Side is structured just like the Hothlanta Rebels. A Club, with Yahoo groups, and their own meeting and an Official Chapter of TheForce.net I am waiting on a email and a post back from Minacia to let everyone know that The Dark Side IS an Official Chapter of TheForce.net. Here is the thread for thouse of you who wish to view it. This apparently has been going on for 2 months or longer and when in meeting I asked if there was anything else to be brought up no one spoke up at all. And you can find out from other members that EVERYTHING that has come up has been VOTED on Marie and Kevin were the ones who came up with tampa docking bay 1138 to name the Chapter and Now they think that this IS the club. Tell me any other Chapters were you clubs first that joined Theforce.net to have a place to chat and meet new members? Or am I just that stupid that when Minacia said you have to have 3 meeting of 3 or more MEMBERS for your club to be a part of TheForce.net meant that we were just a chapter of theforce.net and NOT a club? Please let me know if I am that stupid!

Here is the thread http://boards.theforce.net/Tampa_Bay,_FL/b10085/6246099/?8 of us becoming official.

5. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I think theforce.net is the wrong place for either of you to discuss your problems with each other. I continue to see new things, with each story, that I had not known before. Will this change my Decision? Not anymore. I will contact Minaca, and Request that a NEW Flordia chapter is formed. I hope that ALL SW fans in the area will come, and enjoy this, but I for one, want NO PART of a fanforce where Meetings consist of People not Talking to each-other, because they are in disagreement.

TO THE REST of you, I am sorry that this conflict has been dragged to these boards. A new CHAPTER is coming, with NEW boards, so maybe the focus will return to STAR WARS

Hapy New-year
    -Jace

6. Master_Jenn

Master_Jenn Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2003
    HEllo.

I will be flying in From Ohio on Jan 16. Would love to attend the meeting. As my son is a wildman about Star Wars ( like his dad).
    I have been following the threds, seems to be some hostility. Is the group always this hostile with each other, and does anyone work together instead of against each other? Seems like things could be alot fun, if the power struggles would stop. Hope I am welcomed and not shunned.. see you then.. MJ

7. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    You are more then welcome to come the meetings, they are OPEN to ANYONE that loves or likes the STAR WARS, I am new to the Tampa area myself and dont like what I am seeing or hearing but I dont think there is a need for a yahoo group with one person to tell who can join and who cant join. I my have come from Detroit(R2Detoirt Fan Force) but we didnt have these kind of problems there, and the people ALL voted at the meetings on who was going to be in charge that month or the next month and so on. We had many people in the group doing things running diffrent parts of the group but if we didnt like what they were doing we just voted them out of that seat, there really was no powers conttroling going on for one person. I have alot of things I would like to bring up at the meeting next month, things I would like to touch base on with everyone. So you can all see how things went up there, I was very happy being part of that club and would LOVE to see the Tampa Bay area club do the same. And there are many others that would like it to go smooth as well, so we do have many things to talk about at the meeting, so for now lets just keep the rumbling to a low till the meeting. And even then I hope everyone acts like an adult, I got this meeting place and we are to be on our VERY BEST BEHAVOIR while in the store or we will loose it for our meeting place. Also I am not taking sides becuase I have not really met anyone from this area just yet, only on line. But I do not like the idea of having any just one person in control of the group or having to keep things a secret by using yahoo to post or talk with others. The FFBs are for that, I dont know of any other group that has this kind of control in it, but again these things can all be talked about as a group at the meeting, thank you.

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    To date I have not received any emails or phone calls from you Ron. The only posts are on the Yahoo groups, which I cannot be sure will be posted and there have been no phone messages left on my phones from you. Other than that I agree this is not the place for it and I also want to go on and have fun.

9. Master_Jenn

Aug 26, 2003
    I agree with the both of you.Can there be 2 Clubs? Seems to me someone is on a control issue, I as well have NEVER heard of someone having to have the Presidents approval b4 posting. WOW talk about control. How about a vote for a new president?? Since everyone seems to be a team players and willing to vote on things instead of having unilateral decisions being made about things that should be decided on as a club. I dunno just my humble opinion.

10. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    I also am new and I hope there's a way that way can all get along. I am in favor of having no president, v.p., etc. I just want to meet up with a fun group of people to talk about Star Wars and similar intrests and hopefully we as a group can put aside our diffrences and unite to have FUN, FUN, FUN.

11. Master_Jenn

Aug 26, 2003
    IS Mof_Mok_Kelmon Your president??

12. GeeksGoneBad

GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2003
    Mof_Mok_Kelmen is the president of the Darkside club... Like Jace said, hang tight and a new chapter will be formed soon that will either NOT have officers, or every position will be voted in... As it is right now, Ron's had The Darkside for many years (6) and he's not "giving it up" to anybody... Which is fine... it's his club, it wouldn't be fair to try to take it from him... So we will just form a new chapter... simple...

13. Master_Jenn

Aug 26, 2003
    Well I now undertsnd why there are so many "control" probs. and No Ron has NOT had the Darkside for 6 years. But anyway, I hope the next chapter is more structured than this one.

14. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I will be there for FanForce meeting. I will be there to continue to show my interest in the Star Wars Universe and sci-fi in general. I do not practice politics or public airing of dirty laundry. Let's play.

15. GeeksGoneBad

GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2003
    Sorry for the misinformation... That's just what Ron told me... :)

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Eric and I unpacked the new Code 3 collectable X-wing, Red 5. This is one of the few very detailed die cast models that Lucas has approved. There was also a signed version, but that was pretty expensive. I just got Mark Hamel's autograph through another vendor. Very cool collectable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.