main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Bay Area fanfilm looking for extras and crew

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Neszis, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Bay Area fanfilm looking for extras and crew

Hello everyone,

My name is Aaron Moorhead, and I represent Perpetual Lawnchair Productions. We have been in production of a Star Wars fanfilm entitled Echoes of Injustice for almost a full year now, and we would like your help. The film was conceived two years ago, and we have been heavily into pre-production and production since. The fanfilm is of a large scale, and we require more extras, or, if need be, crew, to be on set for certain shoots. This film, while not centering on it, depicts some atrocities and battles in the War of the Empire, which requires some extras (as one might assume). This is where you all come in.

About us

We are well-organized, experienced, and knowledgeable about filmmaking. I personally have been making films, including fanfilms, for almost six years. My crew consists of a small group of friends that I have taught about filmmaking. We are self-funded, including our equipment and editing tools. We are mostly in high school (I myself am 16), but do not let that discourage you from helping us; we are very professional about our work. We have been employed for professional jobs, and have been prepared to tackle fanfilms.

Why you?

As I said, Echoes of Injustice is already into production, meaning, we have rolled film already. So why would we be asking you so late into production for help? We still need more extras. We need new faces in the film, soldiers, civilians, martyrs, et cetera....you. This film revolves around love and vengeance, with a motif of war threaded, hinted at, and shown throughout. To emphasize the size of this war, we will need new extras. I can guarantee you, that no matter your age, size, or gender, if you come to a shoot that I invite anyone to come to, you will be put in the shoot (or put on crew if you have the right look and action for a speaking part in more "individual" scenes, in which you will be brought back for a later shoot). We are accepting everyone we get.

Some shoots will be larger than others, because while this film involves war, it does not revolve around it. It actually revolves around a passive boy forced into manhood by the invasion of his planet by the Empire, then trained in the Sith arts. If it sounds cliché, believe me, it's anything but. If you request the full script, I will oblige.

What's in it for you?

This will not cost you any money, and you will gain acting and filming experience, as well as have the possibility of some free food. We will shoot on schedules that are most convenient for you all, naturally. Although normally films do not credit the extras, we most certainly will credit you individually, and invite you all to a premiere, hopefully in a theatre if we can get the space and permission. This is a chance for acclaim, in the fanfilms world and the filmmaking world in general. Don't miss a chance to sign your name to this endeavor.

Want to get onboard?

If you find this interesting, PLEASE contact me. My e-mail is Neszis@tampabay.rr.com, my AIM name is NeszisPLP, and my MSN name is Neszis. If you contact me, I will give you my phone number and I will answer any questions you may have. Below we have some selected pictures from Echoes of Injustice that I hope will convince you, plus some important links. Thank you for taking your time to read this proposition, and I hope to see you at the shoot.

These images were graciously hosted by Samuel Saulnier of YossamFilms. Feel free to look at his site as well.

[image=http://www.yossamfilms.com/echoes/EoI-Martyrs.JPG]
    [image=http://www.yossamfilms.com/echoes/EoI-Despots.JPG]
    [image=http://www.yossamfilms.com/echoes/EoI-TrenchCharge.JPG]
    [image=http://www.yossamfilms.com/echoes/EoI-TheOffer.JPG]
    [image=http://www.yossamfilms.com/echoes/EoI-CityBlitz.jpg]
    [image=http://www.yossamfilms.com/echoes/EoI-CityVista.JPG]

Temporary website of Perpetual Lawnc

2. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Have you ever been to one of the fanforce meetings? Just wondering.

EDIT: In case anyone was CONFUSED, this is a fanfilm being made IN the Bay Area. It is NOT the fanfilm being made BY the Tampa Bay FANFORCE. These are seperate entities.

Thanks!
    Jedijace007
    Tampa Fanfilm coordinator

3. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    On that note, Arron, I would be more than happy to help with your fanfilm, after ours is completed. I have completed several CGI scenes, and if you are looking for Space scenes, I'm the guy to talk to. Thanks! -Jace

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi Arron,
    Your FF sounds really good. I will post this info. to the local board and you may get some calls. I know we have some college students and other folks. We all work and/or go to school so our schedules are tight. But it woul dbe interesting to see your works and maybe be in it to some respects.
    Sereana Knightstar
    ake-Marie Rankin
    FF CR

5. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Have you ever been to one of the fanforce meetings? Just wondering.

No, I haven't been able to attend, but I do plan to show up a few times to see what you all are up to, see what I can do to help, and perhaps get some support for this fanfilm.

I would be more than happy to help with your fanfilm, after ours is completed. I have completed several CGI scenes, and if you are looking for Space scenes, I'm the guy to talk to.

We've already talked on AIM about this, but that sounds fantastic! The more the merrier.

Your FF sounds really good. I will post this info. to the local board and you may get some calls. I know we have some college students and other folks. We all work and/or go to school so our schedules are tight. But it woul dbe interesting to see your works and maybe be in it to some respects.

Thank you very much! By the way, where is the local board? I thought this was pretty local ;).

If you e-mail me, I will respond as soon as possible. Feel free, even if you can't help out, to e-mail or AIM me if you're curious.

EDIT: Oh, and happy holidays to all. :D

Thanks again,

-Aaron Moorhead

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi,
    The local board is through Yahoo groups under Tampa Bay SW club. You can apply to join and the president can approve you. Hope this info. helps.
    Sereana Knightstar
    CR

7. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Thank you. I submitted for approval.

~Neszis~

8. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    How about Costume designers/creaters?

9. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Always! I have some concepts and some pics we have of already made costumes if you'd like them. I can always get measurements. Call me and we'll discuss, 727 934 7924.

~Neszis~

10. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Hey bro, its Jace.

Anyway, I just resigned from Our local club (thedarkside) so I will no longer be able to help you get those extras. Sorry! The Tampa Fanfilm is still in the works though, and I will be more than happy to help you after(if ever) it is done!

Jace

11. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    That's sad to hear. So, there's the Fanforce, which is this, and there's some other club, the dark side, which has a Yahoo board, and there's a fanfilm group spawned from the other two. Is this correct?

Merry Christmas,

~Neszis~

12. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Yes. Our trailer, (still in the works) States "The Darkside(club) IN ASSOCIATION WITH The Tampa Bay Fanforce". Not everybody wants to join a club, so this allows ANYONE to participate, in the partnership between the two, and even turn out a top notch film :) But in actulaity, the film was STARTED by fanforce forum members, and was voted upon, at an early fanforce meeting, so this remains, the LEGITIMATE Tampa bay fanforce film. (Sorry if confusing)

-Jace

13. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Okay. So the Darkside is a club separate from the fanforce, but strong political ties remain between the two. ;) Good stuff. Does Darkside have meetings or is it an internet group only?

~Neszis~

14. JamieC7

JamieC7 Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2003
    From what i can tell :) the Darkside has meetings AND the Fanforce will have meetings, but it seems that many are converting to only the Fanforce here on TheForce.net

of course I can't speak for all, but a few have indicated the same intentions as Jace... and that's to have the Fanforce group, here on TheForce.net... Makes life easier for me :)

15. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Okay, I'd like to know how this split that occurred over the last few days may effect involvement. Are you more or less prone to helping out through the fanforce because of the split? Should I expect less participation overall?

Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays,

~Neszis~

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Neszis,
    Until we hear from our regional rep. and the TFN staff as to what our status is, we ill be working on our chapter and getting things reorganized. I know with the semester coming soon, many of us have little extra time right now. Maybe later in the year.
    Sereana

17. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Support and participation is at a new high. We are just waiting to iron out some kinks at the next Fanforce Chapter meeting on the 17th of January at the Borders Bookstore in Clearwater at 6:30pm. All are welcomed to attend and to begin a new year with new goals and leadership.

18. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    I drove by there recently, it's not too far. I will do everything I can to attend.

To anyone who can answer: Is it okay if I do recruiting there?

~Neszis~

19. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    I'm sure there will be a lot of interest generated there.

20. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    At this time I figure we are going to have a lot of group business to cover. What you do after the meeting is adjoined is your business. However; as I said we have a film that is currently in production and I know some of us are commited until this is completed. It takes a lot of spare time to do all this, plus school, work, and home chores. I can only speak for myself, but I have no spare time left. Maybe after the current FF we are doing, I might have more spare time. Thanks for the invitation.

21. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Having seen parts of this film, here is my opinion.

Having *SOME* experience with filmmaking, I do consider myself a bit knowledgeble about the topic,
    and in my opinion, you cannot find a BETTER project to work on, at this time. Albiet, the Official Tampa Fanforce film, is still in the works, and I dont want to downplay that. I must say though, that from now until its completion, if there is any ONE film you can devote ANY time to, it is ECHOES OF INJUSTICE by Aaron Moorhead

Great Work, Nuff said. Stunning CGI, impressive editing work, it was just great, and thats only the 2 min. clip, I saw, on a PDA(of all things). If it looks good on a PDA, you KNOW its a good flick.

Great stuff aaron, keep it up.
    I'll be at your next shoot.

-Jace

22. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Well said Jace!! yes it looked pretty good on a PDA of all things. Ross had a good time at the last shoot and I know folks will come when they can. Looking forward to it Arron.

23. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Aaron dude again that looked GREAT, nice job on the editing. You and Sean are doing a super job with the film so far, keep up the great work you guys will go far with it. Anything I can do to help just let me know, stunt work, acting, lightsaber training for Kelly or just putting things up for you or what ever.

Again looks great.

24. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Thank you all very much! I enjoyed appearing at the meeting, it was good to meet all of you in person and promote the fanfilm a bit, too. I officially hate espresso machines now ;). I appreciate your complements, and they came as a great surprise to me especially as it was a VERY rough cut with bad audio, daylight conversion, only one very simple special effect, and my slapjob editing. I thank you very much, being so enthusiastic about it is truly very inspiring for my crew and I.

Use those subpar business cards I gave you and call me anythime to talk about anything! Thanks,

~Neszis~

25. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    The scarry thing is...this is a high school kid and crew doing this work...Move over Lucas and Speilberg...Moorhead is on the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.