Tampa, FL Bay Area fanfilm looking for extras and crew

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Neszis, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Knight

star 1
    This just proves that you can't "downplay" something that someboby's doing because of their age! (something I've been thinking ever since I was 16! ;))

Really good job bro :) We'll be trying to learn from your experiences for sure!
  2. JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Master

star 4
    Which scene did you show ?

EDIT : Mmmm.. hello everyone, realized I'm not in my territory here so... hey. I'm attached to this project as well, just keeping an eye on how things go here. :)
  3. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    I showed them a rough cut of the alley scene that we shot last week. You, sir, have not been online, so I haven't been able to show you.

Everyone, this is my good friend and team member Sam, who hunted down this thread, I assume. He's the guy that's hosting the pictures, and is helping me revise the script.

~Neszis~
  4. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    VERY cool pics. Allthough.........

(You COULD use a new website)

;)

And I Nominate........ J-web productions for the job :)

(thats me :) )

Just kiddin bro
  6. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    Trust me, I've been looking. I definitely need a new one, and have been throwing ideas around in my head but have no way to put them into being (i r teh suck at web design ;)).

~Neszis~
  7. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    Just in general PLP filmmaking news (allow me to toot my own horn a bit here ;)):

I am pleased to announce that Perpetual Lawnchair Productions has won both Best Drama and Best of Show awards for the short, "Mirror, Mirror." in the Sol Peska Film Festival 2004. Read the whole story here.

~Neszis~
  8. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Knight

star 1
    Excellent! Congrats dude :)
  9. Gov_Jade Jedi Knight

star 1
    GREAT JOB AARON! One stop on the road to the Oscars my friend!

Couldnt get the film to play but I did listen to the soundtrack and it sounded pretty cool...Quicktime was acting up...probably just the version I have.
  10. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi all. Just an update and another poorly-timed call for help (slaps self on wrist). Well, first, for the GOOD STUFF:

We are in the process of redesigning the website. Well, I am. When this new site goes live, it will also be on a paid server with a domain name: www.plptheater.com. Cool, eh? So, take a look at the proof-of-concept / WIP of the site below:

Clickie!

In cooler news, due to the recent win of the Sol Peska Film Festival and the money that came with it, we now have some new equipment. The first, a Bogen / Manfrotto Bogen 3021 Tripod with Bogen 3130 fluid head, meaning a rock solid support with butter smooth pans and tilts.

YET. Cooler than this, is a really nice tool we built: a crane. We built a crane that stays level with the ground, is very sturdy, and is far taller than my house. I find this to be the coolest tool I have at the moment. So, I made a video of it with overly-dramatic music to get people as excited about it as I am. It's a too large for its running time, but I didn't really bother with compression. Once again, kindly hosted by Samuel Saulnier:

Clickie. WARNING: 16 MB download, 1 minute movie. Didn't spend time on compression, at Sam's expense ;) (he doesn't mind).

Here's some great news. Some of you may have noticed this already. In the newspaper this past Tuesday (the 17th of February) there was a news article all about the win at the Sol Peska film festival. This kind of opened everyone's eyes to the fact that I make films (mainly in my community and at my school where it was only vaguely known), which is cool in some ways and not so great in others. Good ways: Everyone knows, free publicity, people occasionally think I'm cool. Bad ways: Everyone knows :), I'm generally rather quiet about it and now everyone asks questions (which I generally don't mind answering, it just makes someone feel awkward when I'm treated like this), and everyone wants to see the film....everyone....of which I don't have the resources to give out masses of copies. For your (the fanforce's) benefit, however, you can view the film at

this link,

once again hosted by that generous Quebecian. Quicktime required. So, I might as well just give you all the article. I have my own critique of the article below the link. My lackluster scanning skills did not improve with this article, so enjoy the cut-off side (didn't say anything really important) :D.

Clickie. WARNING: Over 700 kilobytes, VERY high quality scan!

My critique: Nice. This article feeds my narcissistic side well. I do have a few qualms: One, the general errors. On the side (cut off) it says I have been making films since 4th grade. I have actually been making them since 6th grade, but hey, the inaccuracy is in my favour, so what the hay :). Two, the title. It speaks for itself. Three, my main actor, Chris Crronin, is only depicted once (badly), mentioned once, and his name is misspelled! This guy is the second heavy hitter of PLP. I mean, if it weren't for his acting, I wouldn't have won the award at all! I think he didn't get enough credit, but then again, I think the reporters simply didn't know his role in it all. That's all for complaints, as I'm happy to have an article about me at all. The good: The pictures. I personally think I look cool, as does the rest of the setup. Oh, by the way, that robe IS a Jedi Robe, but it was being used for a monk robe at that point in time for the Snack Stix miniseries we are filming.

It was really fun being a local "celebrity" for a day, and the article is now hung in a lot of my teachers' classrooms at school. I have already been asked to shoot projects for people at school (It shoots right after the EoI shoot tomorrow, but I digress), and I made a lot of good contacts
  11. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    We missed not seeing you tonight at the monthly meeting Arron. We had a good one and got a lot done. I am studying for my final this weekend, but can be free to come and help out other weekends after that, or just watch and learn. So if you can use me for something or I can be the medical person on standby!!
    Marie
  12. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    I actually completely forgot about it. I was rather wrapped up in the two shoots tomorrow, and it totally slipped my feeble mind. I was going to hitch a ride with Eric and all that, but I was just rather focused and my mind was not thinking. Sorry! I'll be there next month, given I'm not burnt out ;).

~Neszis~
  13. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Actually you are a kid who has expanded to emcompass things that some of us never encountered at your age. I salute your dexterity and focus.
  14. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry I didnt make it down buddy I guess I stayed up to late last night, hope everything goes good today. Lets us all know how it goes.
  15. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll remind you , just like a mother, LOL!!!
  16. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess I stayed up to late last night,

Arg! Again I am the agent of my own failure ;). (FYI, to get that joke, one must know that I was talking to him until 2 AM this morning.)

Well, ona scale of 1-100, I would rate the success of this shoot at 70. The only pressure was time (one actor had to leave 1 hour after the shoot was supposed to begin, and 2 other integral actors came 30 minutes late, giving us 30 minutes to throw together some dialogue. That, coupled with a costume one actor forgot at her house, and we have a fiasco! However, we managed to hold it together, shoot everything (with some modifications) and have (I thought) a good ol' fanfilmmaking time. Give me a few and I'll post some pix / video.

One of our own, Codemaster here, attended the shoot to be a soldier. He was FANTASTIC, went above and beyond the call of duty. He gave us some SERIOUSLY cool footage. Thanks, Eric!

Pix and/or video soon.

~Neszis~
  17. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    that would be our own Codemaker Aaron, sounds like yo u guys had a good time anyway even with the bad. Way to go Eric or should I say fellow solider.
  18. codemaker Force Ghost

star 2
    I had a blast on Sunday. I encourage everybody to come out to see a film shoot at least once so you can see what kind of hard work goes into the process. I had 3 lines and I learned alot about what goes on behind the scenes. Thank You Aaron for the wonderful opportunity!
  19. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I do want to come out if we can coordinate soon. When is the next shoot Arron?
  20. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    It will be on March 6 around 4:00 at Sunset Beach. There is a scene in which the two main characters, Jonas and Paige (Paige being the force-user / padawan, Jonas being the illicit boyfriend who has untapped force power neither of them know about yet) talk and stuff. We will be using the new crane and this should be a fun, albeit hectic (due to the sun going down while shooting), shoot.

I use parenthesis far too much. Anyone is welcome to come, I can't guarantee a part for you unless you want to simply observe, keep people away from the area, and possibly be a grip or PA.

Sorry about the lack of pics, I'm having trouble getting the greenscreen to lightwrap. I'll figure her out sometime, though :).

~Neszis~
  21. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    UPDATE, PREPARE FOR EGO INFLATION:

Not yet on my website, but I'm very proud to announce that "Mirror, Mirror." has won Best Drama in the Educational Media Awards of 2004! Thanks again to all that helped.

Unlike last time, there was no award for Best of Show. However, some of the judges said that if there were one, they would have given it to me, which is kind.

I would like to remind you that you can download the film at this link, hosted by JediByKnight.

To toot our horn a bit:

There were over 160 entries.

There is a school that has a very intensive film program that seems to wipe the floor in this competition every year. After 5 categories, they were 5 for 5 for getting 1st place in the 9-12 grade division. Sixth category was Drama, we snatched the 1st place by a long shot. They will remember this, so it's kind of cool.

I went up there in my debonair suit, accepted my award humbly, and gave them a saucy smile. At that point all their men started grumbling while all of their women flocked to me. It was pretty cool.

/lying

Seriously, though, this will allow the film to go on to a high competition, either state or regional. I'm curious to see how it does there. Thanks again, Mark (halibut), Sam (JediByKnight), and Chris!

~Neszis~

22. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats on skunking the competition...so to speak!!!
    Must be a great feeling Arron, keep up the good work.
  23. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    WAY TO GO Arron, keep up the greta work dude, I seen the film your talking about it was very cool. Again WAY TO GO.

When can we take part in the making of Star Wars Fan film again for some of us and others for the first time? Is there a shoot coming up that we can help with? And if so where and when?
  24. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    Recently I've had things called Internal Assessments due in each of my 7 classes, which are generally simply huge essays. What that translates to is a horrible lack of time on both my part and my actors' parts. However, they're just about over, so we should be recommencing soon.

There is a HUGE shoot coming up this summer that we began planning for in the beginning of March. Sometime I'll scan some concept drawings we had and show them to you all. For this shoot we'll actually be having 2 directors, myself and Sean LeCouris (codemaker would remember him), simply because the shoot is so darn big. It being the largest shoot of the film, we're dedicating more time towards it than most other, smaller ones. I am beginning to doubt the ambitious Fall / Winter 2005 deadline on the film, but I'm still holding strong to its completion.

Hey, if any of you can call me, I lost all of my phone numbers in what has been known as the Great Accidental Purge of the PDA. If you could all call me and give me your numbers again, I'd appreciate it.

~Neszis~
  25. Jauhzmynn Jedi Master

star 4
    Hiya Neszis.
    The film sounds like a blast.
    What kind of charactors do you need? I'm definatly game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.