main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Bay Area Star Wars Summit

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by The_Rock, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    I thought this might be a cool idea...getting together all of the SW fans, clubs, and organizations in the Bay Area for a SW Summit. We all can dress in costume, and either have a picnic/BBQ or something....we can also do other activities as well. I just think it would be great to have all of the clubs and fans unite and share there love for SW...since there are so many fans and clubs here. Let me know what you think. Maybe we can even plan to go to conventions and Celebration III together.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Not a bad idea Rock,
    We have contacts with all the other major SW groups in the Bay Area and we'll could contact the 501st and Rebel Legion etc. Right now SF Fan Force is quite small but personally I have some powerful allies and so do some of our own memember in SFFF have powerful allies as well. We'll have to discuss it at the next meeting coming this saturday. Will The Great One make an appearance to The People's SF Fan Force? lol Hey that's not a too bad of a club name. ;)

3. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I am sure we will have "summits" in the future. When we do...all are welcome...If you have any events in mind let us know.

4. Darth_Evil_II

Darth_Evil_II Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2003
    yeah...The Rock was thinking about having a picnic like in Golden Gate park, or any park for that matter. Summer is winding down, so if we don't have on ethis year, maybe in spring or early summer next year....maybey around wondercon?

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That's a long ways off Rock, Stone Cold, Darth Evil II... Ah it doesn't matter what your name is... lol How many names do you intend to have btw? :p Anyway, all the main clubs actually do have joint events from time to time so we'll bound to have another sooner a or later. 501st and Rebel Legion does a lot of charity work acroos the Bay and Chanel, Matt, and I have helped with one of their events a month back or so in Santa Clara. So it not a rare thing. Though that wasn't a kick back relax kinda of event. If anything if we do such an event I think it should be big and it should rock. I like the suggestion of a picnic but yeah that would have to wait till next spring most likely because anything we plan now would be kinda rushed... Though I doubt the wheather would be that bad in Fall. We'll just have to see...

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    This November I'm thinking of booking campsites at Samuel Taylor Park across the GG Bridge. That's where they filmed the background plates for the speeder bike chase in ROTJ. I was thinking May or June. Padme and I already went there and checked it out over the summer. On the way there's even a "Bothan Youth Center" and a "Lucas Valley" convenience store! I kid you not! Anyone interested?

7. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Darn it! If we actually do that. I will HAVE to make my Endor costume!
    Yub yub!

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Camping involves, little or no money right? lol yeah sure I think I'd be down and I'd like to see the Bothan Youth Center! Little Bothans! lol ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.