main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BizarreLoveTriangle, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BizarreLoveTriangle

BizarreLoveTriangle Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Hi!
    Does anyone here live in the Bay Area (CA)?
    I'm trying to find some Star Wars action in my area. I checked San Francisco, but it's like the same guy posting over and over again with no replies. How about other parts of the area?
    Anyone?

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    The next closest is the Sacramento Fanforce Chapter.

The San Francisco fanforce chapter is just now trying to get going. This is your chance to get in at the beginning become one of the founding members. All you need to become an official chapter is to have a minimum of three people, and hold a minimum of three meetings, and elect a City Representative. I think they have more than three people already. If you need further information, please do not hesitate to PM me.

3. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    Hm. I have a friend that would found the club with me, she just doesn't have the internet. Getting one more person shouldn't be too hard. There's a few people that seem interested.
    What would we be required to do once it's started, and does everyone have to register for these message boards?

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, you all have to be registered and post on the forums in order to be fanforce members. You would generally have at least one meeting or event together each month. Your meetings/events would be posted on the main page at Fanforce and hopefully this will attract more people to your fanforce chapter. You can be as active as you like.

My fanforce chapter is quite active. We have at least one meeting per month, and a minimum of one event per month, usually there are several. This month is a short month and so far we have had our monthly meeting, a movie marathon event where we watched all three Original Trilogy movies on Laserdisk on the big screen had dinner and dressed up, we went on a Fanforce trip to Disneyland this weekend, and will be having a table at a Sci-Fi Convention next weekend to promote our club, and the week after that we have a trip out to Imperial Dunes where the Sail Barge Scene was filmed for ROTJ - our guide will take us out to the location where the Sail Barge is still burried, and tell us stories of what it was like to watch Star Wars being filmed back in 1982. Our tour guides have photo albums of behind the scenes pictures of the filming of the Sail Barge Scene, and we will be also making a small fanfilm while we are out on the dunes.

5. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    Wow, you guys are really active. I can do a monthly meeting and one event per month. My friend can just sign up on my computer, that's not a problem. Hm. I can even see if my uncle's friend can get us in at Skywalker Ranch, wouldn't that be a great event?
    I wasn't really planning on starting this alone, I'll talk to her and see if she wants to do it together.
    Thanks for your help!

6. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey there, this is the guy who posts over and over and over. I saw that you have found the SF Boards and yeah they are a bit slow but looks like they have been picking up as of late. Would you like to coordinate with me and my people so that we could have another official meeting in the coming weeks or so? I'll send you a PM as well. Glad your password issue worked out! :)

7. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    I made a suggestion for next weekend (March 8th) in the afternoon. I'll plan this one since it looks like Jedi Tenken got the last one. Is it true that we don't have to meet <b>in</b> San Francisco?

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    You don't have to meet in San Francisco, but it would be more convenient for your members since I am assuming they live in the San Francisco area.

9. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    I don't mind meeting in one of the surrounding cities, just not across the bridge. But my friend suggested Mel's Drive In, how does that sound?

Maybe I should ask in the SF boards.

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, everyone should continue this conversation on the SF forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.