main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA BayCon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mgmcpa, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    Has anyone been to this before that can share with me what it is like? I'm planning to go, but before I invite tons of people, I want to know if it's a good convention.

Thanks in advance!

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I hear it should be great. I know some folk who have gone and also volunteered there and they said it was lots of fun. The main Star Wars costuming groups (501st and Rebel Legion) will be there and some of the other local SW fan clubs will have smaller tables I think. There probably going to be lots of folk dressed up and such and plenty of things to do. I plan to go and even volunteer if I can help out. I'll have to see if the job I may get will permit it.
    Here's more info:
    http://www.comic-con.org/pages/WC2003.html
    Hope that helps!

3. Miss_Offee

Miss_Offee Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2003
    http://www.baycon.org/2003/index.html/

Here is their website. I hope that helps.

4. NightForce

NightForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    Hi! just to let you know that Baycon has been my favorite convention since it started. I have attended everyone of them and have not been disappointed. The convention has sci-fi/fantasy writers and artists. Writers of well known sci-fi books and sci-fi artists, some from star trek and sometimes, I have heard that George Lucas lurks about. (So far as I have been there I have not had the pleasure to see him.) I hope you attend. I wish I had a video camera and also taken photos and notes and put them on the internet. (I think some of it would be alright to post without legal problems). I now live in Louisiana and am unable to attend. But when I am able I would love to go again. I have always had a great time. I am from the Fan Force Acadiana Midsouth region. Have a great time!

5. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I decided to bring this thread to the top since it is our next bay area con. So here's the 411:

Bay Con
    Memorial Day Weekend
    May 23rd - 26th, 2003
    San Jose DoubleTree Hotel

May 1, 2003 to at the door $75
    Pre-registration closes May 15th.
    After that date memberships must be purchased at the door.
    Special Children's Pricing
    An Adult is considered anyone over the age of twelve (12) years prior to the first day of the convention. For Youths between the ages of eight (8) and twelve (12) the membership rate is $25.00. "Kid in Tow" badges are available for $5.00 for children up to the age of seven (7) who will be CONSTANTLY in the company of their adult BayCon member caretaker. These children cannot be left on their own in the Gaming Room or any other badge-required convention area. (These memberships are sold at the door only!)

If 1-, 2-, or 3-day memberships are made available, they will be sold at the door only. Rates will not be determined until the start of the convention.
    Dates / Hours of Operation

May 22, 2003 (Thursday)
    6pm - 9pm
    (Pre-Reg. member pick-up only)

May 23, 2003 (Friday)
    12:00pm to 4:30pm,
    6:00pm to 9:00pm

May 24, 2003 (Saturday)
    9:00am to 6:00pm

May 25, 2003 (Sunday)
    9:00am to 5:00pm

May 26, 2003 (Monday)
    9:30am to 12:00pm

Bay Con masquerade
    Bay Con costuming

6. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Hello everybody! I had so much fun at BC! I wanted to share the pictures we took with you. They are from Saturday's festivities. Enjoy!

http://www.cryogenesys.com/baycon/

7. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Cool stuff Chanel! Thanks for sharing. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.