Baycon

Discussion in 'San Jose CA' started by DarkLordSid, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    So, any plans for the biggest convention in your backyard on Memorial Day weekend?

Might be a great con for you to recruit...

Seems odd that Silicon Valley, the home of Sun, Silicon Graphics, Intel, Google, etc, does not have a stronger fan base and active membership.

Come on by our boards and post there, we're not shy and although we're spread out we're still having fun and hanging out. Maybe we can hook up at the convention and party down with SFFF, who are extremely active, well organized, and a heck of a lot of fun.

Maybe they will inspire folks in your end of the valley.

Hang Loose,

Sid

2. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, shucks!
  3. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds fun. I was planning on making it to BayCon this year.

Anyone else interested in meeting up? I don't think I can make it all three days and I haven't perused the schedule yet so I don't know which day or days I might be most interested in but if necessary, I'll buy a full con pass and just pop in long enough to meet up if we want to try to have an official meeting there and the day that's better for others is one I wasn't planning on spending there.

KD
  4. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Bah, you know you guys ROCK. You got a great base of folks up there, interesting events, inside contacts, and The Man's front office in your back yard.

A winning combo for sure. Plus fun and dedicated leadership and energized members.

You got every right to be proud, if you're too humble to say it, I will and will again.

SFFF ROCKS!
  5. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed! :D
  6. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    We'll be holding our meeting Saturday in the Sarlacc Pit (sushi bar), drop by and meet us if you like. I suspect we'll be hard to miss, heh.

*evil grin*
  7. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup, what Sid said...hope to see at least some of you there!!!

(besides...it's BAYCON!!!![face_dancing] )
  8. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Once Again, thank you San Jose for an INCREDIBLE Convention. Did any of SJFF make it? We were hoping some of you would stop by Santa Cruz' meeting and say Hi!.

Still hoping to meet up with you all at sometime in the future. We are planning a day at the Boardwalk in Sept. Maybe some of you can come over and have fun with us then.:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.