main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Bazinga! The Big Bang Theory Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Force Smuggler, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What's your favorite part of the Big Bang Theory?
    Leonard? Sheldon? Raj? Penny? Howard? Amy? Bernadette? Bazinga? Sheldon knocking on Penny's door? Sheldon's mom? Leonard's mom? Howard's mom? Raj's parents? The video game nights? Eating at the Cheesecake Factory? Going to the Comic Book store? etc?
    I like it all. Bazinga in the ball pit, bazinga in the car with the robot, Penny and Sheldon knocking on Penny's door.
    So many good moments.
    Live Long and Prosper
    Discuss.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Bazinga in the ball pit was one of my favorite episodes. I was laughing to the point of tears.

I've watched almost all the way through season 4 now so I've still got quite a bit to go, and one of my relatives recently spoiled me on the fact that Howard is married [face_plain] (that's about being spoiled, I don't care that Howard is married). I'd find it impossible to pick one favorite part, there are so many, but here's a random list:

1. Sheldon quotes, which I subscribe to on Facebook. Way too many to list there but one that comes to mind quickly is "One does not cry because one is stupid, one cries because one is sad. I cry because other people are stupid and that makes me sad." Plus Sheldon having to sit in his spot, Sheldon's book-long "roommate agreement" for Leonard, Sheldon's germaphobia, Sheldon and Amy. The end of season 2/beginning of season 3 when the other guys threatened to leave Sheldon at the North Pole.

2. Yeah, I just said all that about Sheldon but if I had to pick a favorite character, it would probably be Raj. "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight." Poor Raj and his inability to talk to women while sober.

3. Leonard's mom and Sheldon's mom are both awesome, I look forward to episodes with them in it. Sheldon's mom continuously trying to get him to find Jesus, except for that first season when she hit on Sheldon's boss ("His father's dead"). And Leonard's mom is basically a middle-aged Sheldon.

4. Love the comic book store scenes and the Cheesecake Factory scenes with Sheldon's weird food quirks. And all of them, Sheldon in particular, telling Penny what a loser she is but she loves them anyway so she takes it. :p

I fell in love with this show from the pilot episode with Sheldon offering to donate his awesome sperm.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't forget Soft Kitty.
    I'm still trying to catch up on the last season or two myself.
    Love your Raj quote. That episode was great. Looking for that cricket.
    Sheldon at the Hospital when Howard's mom was there for food poisoning.
    Or when Sheldon gave Penny that money but was okay with not getting it back.
    The first episode I saw or just remember seeing is the one where Penny and Leonard get into a fight, Sheldon runs away to the comic book store.
    I love the episode when the gang comes back from the North Pole and Sheldon runs away to Texas and stays with his mom for a bit.
    How about the episode where Penny gets a napkin signed by Leonard Nimoy and has his saliva on there and Sheldon hugs Penny? That has to be one of the best scenes I've ever seen.

4. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I love that episode too! "I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy?!"

I've started over and have been watching Season One all over again. It's kinda fun to know what's coming.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There was also the episode when Penny dislocated her shoulder and Sheldon had to drive her to the hospital; there was that guy in the ER who was doing a Jim from American Pie 2 and gluing his hand to his penis.

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  8. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    solojones

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Rocky...

10. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I really should get down to watching this show properly... I've only seen bits and pieces.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    lexu

If we summon enough of you, I figure they'll combine to create some sort of Captain Planet like entity that can deal with this in epic fashion.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I love this show, therefore solojones will dislike it. Parity will be restored.

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I can't stand any show where pretty much every sentence is followed by canned laughter.

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Good job this one isn't then :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
  17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I guess Sheldon could have created a 3D hologram of a live audience

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's a brilliant show, the concept is very basic and potentially clichéd but the writers have changed it often to keep it fresh. Introducing new characters has really helped the show.

I don't know which character I like best, they all need each other to work well.

Not sure exactly how much further they can go with it though, it should end while it is still good instead of going on until it gets stale like other comedies have. Maybe one more series is enough.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

Yes, you should.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  20. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Agreed. It's probably one of those shows the station wants to run and run, but I'd prefer it to go out whilst it's still good.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm impressed it's still very funny having gone on as long as it has, usually you start to notice a decline in quality. Every show has the odd dud episode, but the quality has been pretty consistent throughout.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If there was an option on my TV to remove all laugh tracks, I would watch this show.

23. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't know what the problem with laughter tracks is. All the classic British sitcoms of the 70's, 80's and 90's use them and they're endlessly re-watchable. Indeed, I don't think I'd want to watch an episode of Blackadder, Fawlty Towers or Dad's Army (or many, many others) without it. Maybe it's the application of the laughter track that's different, but in all honesty I don't see much difference between them and TBBT.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would only watch a sitcom with a laugh track if it consisted of deranged psychopaths laughing at random moments. Or some guy puking in a toilet if it's a really terrible show (According to Jim, Two and a Half Men).

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I find it better with a laugh track, it's like you are laughing with lots of other people (it's no different to a comedy show with a live audience laughing all the time).