main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Bazinga! The Big Bang Theory Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Force Smuggler, Jul 7, 2013.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    It's not often I agree with a Richie post but that was spot on

2. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Based on that synopsis, I'm definitely watching the season premiere. Of course, I was going to do that anyway...:p

3. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    It's a funny show but I can only watch one or two episodes when TBS shows. After awhile it gets a little grating

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    New season started tonight. Great two episodes. Good to have them back. So many funny moments.

5. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I thought the second episode was better than the first overall, although I did like the Amy/Bernadette dynamic. Hopefully that won't be a one-time thing.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    love the show but how many more seasons can they do you know?

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The first episode was okay, it was about the feels, not the laughs.

The second episode was tiresome. The only funny moment in the entire episode was the
    man on man boob squeezing.

That part was very funny.

8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I have to admit I've never even thought about the supposed flaw with Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Even after Amy explained it, I can't say I cared one bit. The movie is just too entertaining for it to matter.

Guess I'm just not nerdy enough for it to threaten my enjoyment of the movie even slightly.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just watched the Raiders episode, and my reaction to Amy's comments and the guys' reaction was, yeah, who cares whether the Nazis would have found the Ark without Indiana Jones? Indiana Jones was necessary to the movie because he's Indiana Jones. No further explanation needed.

But I could have spent most of the 22 minutes watching Sheldon rip into Little House on the Prairie and laughed the entire time. Because that show sucked.

I think the best part of the show was Bernadette and Penny putting an end to Howard and Leonard using their Mommy issues as a sympathy ploy. Although I did feel kind of sorry for Leonard at the end.

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, you get it, as I expected. I actually thought of you when I watched the episode, because it seemed like something we've discussed on the boards.

What I liked about that was how freakin' malicious Sheldon was about it, he was really getting off on trying to ruin Amy's enjoyment of the show, which also made me think of this place and chuckle.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The first thing that came to my mind when Sheldon got going was this place. [face_laugh]

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Was watching the episode where Sheldon moans at Stuart for spoiling what happens in a comic book. Bit odd that in a later series that Sheldon has no idea that spoiling things is bad.

13. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Sitcoms generally don't pay a lot of mind to continuity issues like that. That's pretty common in the genre

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Romance Resonance:

"I'm going to romance your ass off."
    "Is that Shakespeare?"

Ahhhh, Penny...I hear you, girl, that line is about as "Shakespeare" as I get too.

I also rewatched The Bakersfield Expedition and cracked up because the girls' Thor argument reminded me so much of threads here.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Tonight's episode...

James Earl Jones was awesome, Carrie Fisher there too briefly but I'm glad that she has enough self-deprecating humor to play that part.

One of my favorite parts of the episode was the girls drinking and talking about how being an adult is not what it's cracked up to be.

16. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I was happily surprised when Jones said "I LIKE STAR WARS TOO!" lmao

17. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I don't think I've ever laughed harder at this show than watching James Earl Jones geek out on his own movie. Especially when talking about the first time he read the script for Empire.

18. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm dubbing last episode as Crazy Earl Vader!

19. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Sheldon - "I am on a ferris wheel with Darth Vader. He is nicer than you think."

JEJ - "I AM!"

James killed it.

20. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    This weeks episode was great. Did I mention I used to work for UPS!!!

21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    It was about time it happened, but it didn't happen naturally, or unnaturally as expected, it was just very forced. Still, about time.

The train humor delivered.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LMAO, Leonard talked about "busting on" Penny. And it's 1988 all over again, in a good way.

Can't take Penny to a place where wine is made. Come on Penny, from one wine drinker to another...that was funny. Because it 's true. Nothing to get pissed off about.

Wine, and Raj's dog liking Katy Perry. This episode is already a solid win and the point of it hasn't even happened.

He kissed her. On the mouth. In the middle of a fight. And she tasted like brownies.

And it seemed to melt him. A little bit.

It certainly melted me. And it made me laugh at the same time.

Happy Valentine's Day, Amy. You deserve it.

One of the best episodes yet.

Mar17swgirl and Everton like this.
  23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    QMAOFT. :D :D :D [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I thought it worked because it was soooooo long in the making.

But it didn't feel natural to me, and it didn't quite feel like Sheldon. I mean, did it feel as systematic and well, autistic, as one would expect from Sheldon?

The vet was Tania Raymonde, I had a crush on her when she was on Malcolm in the Middle, so I hope she returns.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I half expected Sheldon to grab Listerine and say something about germs but I'm glad he didn't.