main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq BBQ at the house of Mardu 2007

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JaceMardu, Apr 3, 2007.

1. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner! It's time to venture outside and fire up the ole grill. I'm looking at dates to have the bbq in May. Since C4 is during the last week of May that counts it out. I was looking at the 19th but my brother-in-law is getting married that weekend so that one is out. So it's down to the 5th or the 12th. One weekend my wife is traveling so I don't want to do it that weekend. I'm waiting to hear back from her on what weekend her trip is so I can plan the other one for the BBQ. I'll keep you guys posted on details!

As always, this is a kid friendly happening. We'll keep the debauchery down to a minimum until about 9:00. Then, it's off with the pants!!! Friends and family are welcome. I'll provide the keg, hot grill and some basics. Everybody bring meat, buns, ice etc.

More to follow...

2. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Bah! You're assuming I'm going to show up in pants in the first place.

:p

3. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Ok, the date will be May 5th. It's a Saturday. Shouldn't be too awfully hot by then so it should be really nice for us. I'll still do the pool just in case somebody gets too rowdy and we need to cool them down. Or if someone falls in. Either way, it will be entertaining. So mark your calendars for May 5th. We'll start in the afternoon like 4ish and go till we can't go no mo.

[face_dancing] =D= [face_laugh] :-B :* [face_dancing] [:D] [face_whistling] [face_sick] I-)

4. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Since I have to work that day, I'll make my usual appearance after midnight!!

Maybe we can eat some more of that liquor candy and watch Dog the Bounty Hunter again. :D

5. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Would you believe there is still some of that liquor candy floating around somewhere. I was so sick of it!

6. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Maybe I can get that flight suit from you that day. :rolleyes:

7. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Sure thing!

8. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    We decided to provide the meat and buns this year. So everybody just bring a side dish, chips n dip, or soda. maybe a desert would be good too. We need to get a rough head count for the burgers and dogs so if you are planning on attending please post here and let me know what you may bring. So we don't end up with 30 sides of coleslaw.

Also, The Amazing Rick Maisel will be joining us. He's a really nice guy that we met at the Scott Conners show. He holds several world records for escapes from straight jackets and hand cuffs and washing machines. You can check him out at www.rickmaisel.com. He's going to be on the upcoming America's god talent as a finalist next season. He's also a big Star Wars fan! So get your macaroni salad recipe out and get ready for good time!!!! I'm already getting excited for it! I might do ribs again this year. How did you guys like those last time? I might use more wood chips on them this year.

Post away!

9. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
    Sounds like a good time James!
    I'm always down for some ribs, maybe you could set a few aside for me! :)

10. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    I've got a special rib set aside just for you buddy! [face_batting]

11. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
  12. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    I'm going this weekend to buy food and supplies for the bbq. I need to know roughly how many are coming. So far I've heard from about 3 people. Please post or pm me and let me know if your coming and how many will be with you. I need to know if I'm planning on 3 people or 30. Please let me know.

13. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Since just about everybody has some other place to be on the 5th we are postponing the BBQ. Only a couple people said they were coming so we'll just postpone it. I'll look at the calendars for June and set something thing. I gave everyone advance notice on this but it seems plans got made anyway.

14. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    We can't even get anyone to show up for Mos Alba meetings, much less BBQ's. From what I've seen, Trooping saps all the energy from people. Since there is a Troop in the morning I bet those folks want to kick back and relax at home that night. Even you chose to skip the Troop to prepare for the BBQ. It's trade off that needs to be made. My case is that my son and I bowl on saturday nights. The last thing I want to do is drag a cranky ass kid across town just to hear him say, "Can we go home yet? Can we go home yet? CAN WE GO HOME YET?!!" all night.

15. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Yeah, it seems like bad timing. That's why I postponed it. Also there are a lot of graduation things going on that weekend. It looks like June 2nd would be a good day to do it.

16. BloodClaw

BloodClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    I wonder if Ken will bring the Meat this Time.o_O

17. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Tomorrow is June 2nd and even though the bbq got moved all over I'm still going to be grilling and relaxing on the back patio pretty much all day tomorrow. If anybody would like to come by an socialize please feel free. Bring whatever you like. Come meet my new dog. He's an 11 year old Basset hound.

18. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Basset Hounds are AWESOME!

19. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    I agree!

He's here and he is really cool. He's settling right in.