BBWeekly Task: Take 2]The BBB House interviews. Darth_Boy issue. Huzzah!!!!

Discussion in 'Big Brother Guys' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Bow wow wow, yippee yo, yippee yah Darth_Boy's in tha Mutha-****in House!

1. What are some of the films that have influenced you the most? Did they inspire any of your personal views, or the way you look at life in general? If there is one film that you can honestly say has changed your life, what would it be?

Some people on the JC claim to be film fans, but all they do is watch the same ten films again & again. I love all films, good and bad & watch hundreds of new ones every year. I think most of the JC knows about my love for Street Fighter the movie and the mods in the amphitheatre have been really appreciative over this (!)
    However its the Rocky series that really grabs me. I watched them in some messed up order as a kid, I think it was III, IV, I , V , II. Rocky IV was the one I taped on VHS & watched literally every day after school. Ivan Drago was the don, and Rocky sparked the **** out of that USSR snow loving commie scum, what kid wouldnt love that? But its as an adult I really get how powerful these films are, I just love that a working class, son of an immigrant can rise up and become a legend, its the true underdog story. Rocky Balboa was just a wrap though, what a remarkable film. I dont think a greater film has ever been made. I watched it twice in the Cinema & plan to watch it another few million times in the next year. Side note...the greatest Simpsons joke of all time was "Rocky V plus Rocky II equals Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge" made by Bart in what also happens to be the Simpsons? greatest episode, Lemon of Troy.
    Also special mention to Garden State, its a close second behind the Rocky series (in terms of films that really grab me). Ghostworld would be third (watch it chumps...)

2. Seriously, I don't do the PC games, so I'm kind of ignorant on the attraction. What's with WoW? What's the appeal? What keeps you so enthralled in the game, and it's environment? Is it the interaction with others, or is it the overall pwning of strangers that keeps you coming back?

I?m not much of a PC gamer either, bar the Doom & Quake games, I prefer my Nintendo piff like Pokemon & Mario Kart. I hadn?t even played a game online till WoW (too bad for you Eggy) & would never have dreamt of paying monthly for one (I still refuse to use Xbox live). It was the episode of South Park that first brought me on to WoW, and a few months later I got round to downloading; it sounded brilliant, kinda like Zelda but with 10000s of other users to play with. I was hooked within a day of my free trial.
    I?m probably weird in how I enjoy the game, because I don?t really play it the way a large chunk of people do. Firstly I don?t play PvP (killing other users) & I don?t enjoy instances (imagine the dungeons in Zelda), I prefer doing all the quests. Also I?ll sometimes just spend hours fishing & chatting to guild buddies. I think the social aspect of it is one of the key reasons I play it. Talking about how much I despise Spurs (lame football team) & how ?harry potter > your mum?, while exploring some massive world is fun. I think if you like fantasy/RPG/online games, you should get the free trial, I fail to see how you can?t like it.
    Bloody hell that was a boring answer.

3. Please describe to extent of your love for arsenal, and why Everton is to be chastised for his particular viewing of the team, that usually includes a lol @.

I don?t think Everton has a particular dislike for Arsenal, I don?t seem to remember him being heavily into the lol @ thing. Simply put, the whole lol @ Arsenal JC phenomenon is just a part of my ever expanding JC fan club. Roper was totally obsessed with me, as were others in the football thread, so they dedicated a slogan to me, which included biting my heavy use of ?lol @?. Arsenal is not a heavily hated team by any means (in real life that is).
    I think my love for Arsenal is hard to describe, I love Arsenal football club more than most members of my family (although if I had to chose, I would grudgingly pick the family). I think its too hard to describe in word?s,
  2. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    Bull****. I look at hip hop as music just like you do, you just happen to have a different idea of what music is than I do.

3. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
  4. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    I was responding to d_b lol
  5. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    i dont think of it as maths though[face_clown]
  6. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    I see technical skill as part of music. It always has been. Being able to connect emotionally is important, but being able to perform your music with a certain level of ability is just part of the game.
  7. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    having soul in your music is more important than any technical skills.
    There are tons of great back up singers, but they dont even have half the soul or charisma of your average singer.
  8. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    More important...yes. The only thing that matters...no.
  9. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    *doesnt care about intergalactic stars
  10. Souderwan Chosen One

star 6
    First off, I have to admit that your interview was a complete and utter shock to me. I always figured you for a doofus, at best, and ****stain on white tighty-whities at worst. But clearly I misjudged you. :D

Anyway, I had a few thoughts/questions:

However its the Rocky series that really grabs me. I watched them in some messed up order as a kid, I think it was III, IV, I , V , II. Rocky IV was the one I taped on VHS & watched literally every day after school. Ivan Drago was the don, and Rocky sparked the **** out of that USSR snow loving commie scum, what kid wouldnt love that? But its as an adult I really get how powerful these films are, I just love that a working class, son of an immigrant can rise up and become a legend, its the true underdog story. Rocky Balboa was just a wrap though, what a remarkable film. I dont think a greater film has ever been made. I watched it twice in the Cinema & plan to watch it another few million times in the next year.

Wait. Aren?t you like European? I figured all you blokes hated US propaganda films. :p

Seriously, though, I loved Rocky IV too. It came out when it was still cool to say that you hate commie *******. Alas, those days are gone. But like you, I think the whole underdog storyline really does resonate and I?ve always been a big fan of the franchise for that reason (that abomination of a film, Rock V, not withstanding).

Stats show that we have the largest ethnic minority fan base. And that?s what supporting a football club is about, fitting in with the rest of the community of supporters. Could I have walked into West Ham or Liverpool?s stadium without being abused? Doubt it?And all of this sums up my love for my home city London, no other London club represents what London means to me than Arsenal does.
    And are arsenal supporters boring, miserable gits? Yup, and that suits me just fine.

I?ve always wondered about the level of blatant racism I?ve seen at your (European) football matches. Is it as pervasive at it seems to be in the news and on BBC?s Footballer?s Wives?

Suzuki is the typical middle class backpacker wannabe who really bugs the hell out of me (and that?s not a personal diss, Suzuki is good peoples?most of the time). He studies hiphop as a science and doesn?t look at it as an art.

Kinda harsh, no? :p Different people can like music for different reasons, after all. Personally, I?m pretty much a fan of anything that moves me. I?ve found that this can come in all kinds of genres. But I?ve also learned that the way I appreciate music is pretty unique to me, so I tend not to judge other people?s tastes or attitudes.

Great choice for superheroes, btw. :) Very enlightening and interesting interview!
  11. starwarsagent Jedi Youngling

star 5
    This interview was all over the place..I think it missed the point about who is Darth Boy..he didn't really talk too much about himself, but about other people and other things. not my favorite interview [face_plain]

oh and then he bagged on my Paris beauty? oh heck no!
  12. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    No one asked me any personal questions
    But hey maybe epic will interview us when we get kicked out.
  13. starwarsagent Jedi Youngling

star 5

well..whatever works for you..to be honest DB..I really never liked the simpsons..I never understood the whole yellow people thing you know what I mean? I've seen it but never laughed..Once I met Matt Groening and talked to him for a while..he was a disgusting peep..he drew me a bart simpson and I threw the drawing away..well this was back in 94 or something..And I know you are playing the part of darthboy..but sorry man..this is the worst interview Ever!!
  14. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    have a wholesome meal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.