BBWeekly Task: Take 2]The BBB House interviews: Gimer does the BBH

Discussion in 'Big Brother Guys' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Here we go with the final installment of the BBB House interviews!! :)

1. You seem to have an artistic side. You're obviously interested in several aspects, and fields of art. What is it exactly that you do for a living? Does it have anything to do with your interests? Do you like what you do, and if it's only merely satisfying, what do you aspire to do?

A: Well, I have a degree in Computer Graphics/Animation which of course means I have a job that doesn't include either of them.
    I am a software support person. I take phone calls and go to customer sites to fix their problems with software that we write, and also train them.
    It's been lots of fun going to many different cities and towns in several different states.
    I always seem to find something interesting.
    I've learned to trust the locals for great places to eat. One time they had convertables they had chopped and turned into booths.

My dream job would be working for Walt Disney/Pixar Animation. I even got accepted to CalArts, but couldn't come up with the out-of-state tuition.
    If I had gone, I wouldn't have my wife and kids, so I don't regret that part.

2. What are some of your other interests? Music? Literature? Film? Do you participate in any sort of function, in your interests, other than watching/listening/critiquing?

A: I have made films in the past, but most recent films have all been home movies of the kids.
    I have taken some of my old drawings and some new ones too, and put them on shirts on my CafePress site. I am hoping one day to run into one of the people wearing one of my shirts. People from all over the world have bought them.

I like to act and sing also.
    I have been acting since 4th grade. I like to do fun childrens' shows and musicals mostly.
    I have done "Joseph" and "Annie" most recently. I'd love to be Horton in Seussical, but it hasn't made the list yet in the local community theater.

I play the guitar, and keyboards for fun. I like to write my own songs too.
    Only my wife has heard my songs pretty much.
    I once wrote a song for Lever Bros Soap and won a trip to Universal Studios California to sing it in the contest. I didn't make the top 10 though.

I have started writing many stories, but none of them have been completed enough to send to a publisher.
    That is a goal I will accomplish.

3. Are you what some people would refer to as an "Outdoorsman"? I don't know why it didn't occur to me to ask anyone else this, but I should have thrown in the "Macho" man "Catch it, clean it, eat it" question to someone, and you're my last interview. tongue

With modern technology, it seems like less and less people enjoy the outdoors, which means less and less children grow up appreciating it. Do think that it's important to teach children how to survive in nature, when most of them have been brought up in fairly sheltered environments?

A: I love to camp and go to the beach. Living in Michigan there are lots of places to go for outdoor activities, and not too many dangerous creatures to be leery of.

I think there is a big problem with computers and technology affecting how kids learn how to get along with each other these days.
    When we were young, you were lucky if you had one TV and 3 channels.
    After dinner you would find the kids in the neighborhood and find something to do.
    Nobody did it for you. You had to figure out captains of the teams fairly for other games. You had to agree on the rules. You had to sometimes do things that you didn't necessarily want to do as your first choice, but if you wanted to play, you played what someone else was playing.
    There was no sense of DESERVING this or that. You took what you could get, and you know - we were HAPPY.

With all the technology these days, kids are playing with their handheld games by themselves, or getting online and chatting with their friends, or finding webpages with things to do (like this).
    Most home video games are one or two person games.
    Kick the can was as many as wanted to play.
    The only interaction is with yourself or on
  2. GIMER Manager Emeritus

star 6
    In this production, I was Mr Bundles, The Policeman, Harold Ickes (sp). and after rehearsals started I was asked to take Bert Healey too after the other actor bowed out.
    I was constantly backstage doing costume changes. :)
  3. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    You're never fully dressed without a smile. :)
  4. GIMER Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I was one of the brothers in Joseph.
    That was a huge blast hanging out with all the guys.
    They were a fun group.

Yes I like musical theater, and no I'm not gay.

We are going to see Wicked on Sunday night.
    I can't wait.
  5. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, I have a degree in Computer Graphics/Animation which of course means I have a job that doesn't include either of them. I am a software support person.

Haha! Kinda like me being an Electrical Engineer but being a submariner!

I take phone calls and go to customer sites to fix their problems with software that we write, and also train them.
    It's been lots of fun going to many different cities and towns in several different states.
    I always seem to find something interesting.

Sounds pretty awesome. How does that work? What kind of turnaround time do you have to go out and meet a customer? Do you get calls at 4 a.m. saying ?get going!??

have made films in the past, but most recent films have all been home movies of the kids.
    I have taken some of my old drawings and some new ones too, and put them on shirts on my CafePress site. I am hoping one day to run into one of the people wearing one of my shirts. People from all over the world have bought them.

I?ll buy some right before C5. Then I?ll make your wish come true. And I will be happy.

I have started writing many stories, but none of them have been completed enough to send to a publisher.
    That is a goal I will accomplish.

What genre do you write in? I like to write myself. I?m working on a book that I plan to have published someday. Always cool to meet another writer. :)

I think there is a big problem with computers and technology affecting how kids learn how to get along with each other these days.
    When we were young, you were lucky if you had one TV and 3 channels.
    After dinner you would find the kids in the neighborhood and find something to do.
    Nobody did it for you. You had to figure out captains of the teams fairly for other games. You had to agree on the rules. You had to sometimes do things that you didn't necessarily want to do as your first choice, but if you wanted to play, you played what someone else was playing.
    There was no sense of DESERVING this or that. You took what you could get, and you know - we were HAPPY.

With all the technology these days, kids are playing with their handheld games by themselves, or getting online and chatting with their friends, or finding webpages with things to do (like this).
    Most home video games are one or two person games.
    Kick the can was as many as wanted to play.
    The only interaction is with yourself or one other person.

They are being entertained, not working with a team to find something to entertain themselves.
    We don't see that many kids out nowadays. I don't know if it is because technology has hold of them, or if parents are too scared to let their kids roam in this world now.

Well said! =D= It?s something I worry about all the time with my own son. I?m always kicking his butt out of the house to go play with his friends outside. The funny thing is that, with all the stuff we have to play with, my son and his friends have a lot more fun playing tag than anything else.

There?s still hope! :)

Dads fix things.
    Jedi fix things.
    Dads always know everything.
    Jedi always know everything.
    Dads can run fast and hit the ball the farthest.
    Jedi can run fast and destroy the giant Death Star ball.
    Jedi come back after they die to teach you what you need to know.
    Dads don't come back. They need to teach you everything you need to know while they are still with you. That makes my job pretty important.

This is the best thing I?ve ever read on these boards. I might just frame this and put it on my wall.

Fantastic interview, GIMER!!

6. GIMER Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks.
    I don't have time tonight to answer all your questions, but I appreciate the kind words.
    I have a project to finish this week before HP7 comes out. I'll get pics and let you know the details when it is finished.
  7. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey, GIMER! No worries. Good luck on your project.

*sits on the couch and crosses legs, sipping beer*

8. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    I wonder what GIMER's thinking about me sitting here naked in front of the TV?

9. GIMER Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I hope he wipes well or someone will be steam cleaning the couch.
  10. starwarsagent Jedi Youngling

star 5
    wow. this interview was deep..real deep..and ASG asked you some real serious questions..there was nothing funny about the interview, but that's just fine..it shows that Gimer is a responsible guy..and he's right about graphic desing..that's my associate too..and I took lots of acting courses..so I guess you could say we all have the same ideas? hobbies..very good interview. sorry to hear about your dad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.