main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BBWeekly Task: Take 2]The BBB House interviews. lol @ Arsenal

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Guys' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Everton's time to shine!!! Who's house? Everton's house!!!!

1. You're a notorious Everton club fan
    Yes.

(hence the clever username),

Extremely clever. Although I enjoy the fact that most JCers outside of the UK don't know the meaning. I think it's a good word even when seperated from its meaning.

but can you go at length to describe your fandom, and exactly why you have a lol @ Arsenal tattoo over your heart? If you had half a chance, would you jump over the posts, and attack any Arsenal player you could get to first? Describe to me, your take on the most beautiful team, in the beautiful game.

Well that's a very confusing question, Mrs Questioner. You say I have an lol @ Arsenal tattoo over my heart, and that I have a fandom for teh Arsenal. BUT THEN you suggest I would commit a terrible crime and attack an Arsenal player! Well. I think you need to examine your questioning methods, Mrs Questioner. How can you mix your messages so definitely? Did nobody proof read your questions beforehand? I ask because if you'd had them checked, this confusing situation would surely have been avoided. This would've meant saving your own considerable embarrassment, and saving me the trouble of chastising you.

Having said all that, I do have an lol @ Arsenal tattoo above my heart, and I would jump over the posts and attack the nearest Arsenal player. Your question has swept to the nub of my inner dilemma. I must congratulate your questioning style. At once it appeals to my deep love of Arsenal, and lol'ing @ them, and channels my loathing of them better than I ever thought possible. So bravo!

But also shame on you.

2. Seriously, I have to ask, and believe me, inquiring minds want to know.......What's with the fanny pack?

Quite honestly, it never crossed my mind that a fanny pack (or 'bum bag' in the UK) would arouse such amusement. I've only ever seen them as a convenience thing. When I'm on my hols, I can carry my wallet and camera about without the need for a rucksack, or indeed any sort of bag I have to sling over my shoulder. Couldn't do without it, really. However, the hilarity factor others have identified now makes me lol. :p

Bum bag, lol.

3. You've been a mod here at the JCC, multiple times. You were also a very valuable member of the staff, in my personal opinion. What dragged you away from the MS. Was it time restraint, was it getting boring with the responsibility, or was it something along the lines of getting sick with having to walk along that fine line of staff vs. regular user?

Multiple is only two! :p

The first time I left the MS was due to me wussing out. Simple as that. I let it get on top of me and ran. Sucky thing to do in retrospect.

Anyhew, the second time was just a snap decision based on immediate real-life circumstances. When the position of JCC mod was offered to me again I snapped it up, very keen to prove myself. I all seemed to fit the second time around. It was very important to me that I made a good job of it after my first teeny stint as a mod. Unfortunately, I think I held the position for, perhaps, only three and a half months - something like that. To be honest I thought I was doing a good job. Whether others thought that, I dunno, but that was my own perception.

At the time I was working in a crappy job at a crappy financial institution. Admin production-line stuff. Lame. I didn't even consider my job when rejoining the MS. My education was going to waste and I was not enjoying my job. The JCC was the best place to spend my down-time. I had little else to consider when 5 o'clock rolled around.

Then came an opportunity to get into the job I really wanted.

Bonanza.

I got it, but needed to sacrifice something in the short term - or at least the situation gave me that impression. My responsibilities as a mod were the obvious thing to go. The JC is extremely important to me, but real life is moreso. I can say that I regret making such a snap decision, because if I'd been able to sort out a two month (ish) break f

2. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    - thanks for dedicating your first reply to me, my fan club is ever growing.

- my god you wear a bum bag, you really are a wierdo.

- reading between the lines, you quit being a mod because you banned me & felt guilty. you are forgiven

3. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    I always take a fanny pack when I go to DisneyWorld or CedarPoint.
    I'm not one of those sissies with a man bag.

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Having said all that, I do have an lol @ Arsenal tattoo above my heart, and I would jump over the posts and attack the nearest Arsenal player. Your question has swept to the nub of my inner dilemma. I must congratulate your questioning style. At once it appeals to my deep love of Arsenal, and lol'ing @ them, and channels my loathing of them better than I ever thought possible. So bravo!

But also shame on you.

Wait?what?

I?m so confused?:confused:

Couldn't do without it, really. However, the hilarity factor others have identified now makes me lol.

Make me lol, too. Bum bag, indeed! *snicker*

Short answer here. My goal in life is to run my own Publishing Company. I work in publishing now, and want to - one day - branch out for myself and make a damn fine success of it.

Need to get you, me, and GIMER in the same room. Like right now. :p

On more than one occasion I wondered what it would be like to have been around when you were a mod. Anyway, I wouldn?t beat myself up too much about snap decisions. Some of the best decisions are snap ones. Conversely, so are some of the worst. No point in worrying about it now. :p

And Transformers was pretty damned good, imo. Just so you know.

5. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    is this the everton interview? or arsenal..I don't get it..anyways..good stuff..I'd never wear a bum bag, even when I go to comic con..it's way too old school for me..but I guess it makes him laugh..that's fine..

good stuff..I liked the part about the TF..I think that when he see's the movie he will agree with my preview.

Too bad he had to quit the mod job..overall..nice, informative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.