main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bay City, MI BCFF Star Wars RPG: A Wrinkle In The Force

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Axle-Starweilder, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    hey guys, this goes out to all of you BCFF members and garage dwellers out there that wanted to start playing the star wars RPG and never did. mostly it was my fault for buying all of those books and getting everybody hyped up on the idea, but then never starting to play. so here's our chance. if this works out, then i'll start the bay city mythology RPG and we could have some serious games to be played here.

i don't really expect too many players, i figure if we get three or four of us with characters that will be enough for a decent start. the basic profile that i think any player should have would be something like this:

name:
    race:
    profession:
    bio:
    additional information:

now i'm going to make up a few stock character NPCs to get the ball rolling and after enough people sign up i'll put out that beloved "first post" but until then, think about who you were planning to be, and who you still want to be. i'll throw down all of that backdrop information after i figure it out again.

2. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

JakkUtt-PokkUtt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    A wrinkle in my face.... I'm getting old waiting for details

3. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    well, after you guys start posting up your characters, then i'll start posting up these wrinkles.

4. antronspazbasterd

antronspazbasterd Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    ive got a wrinkle for you.....ha

5. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    He does! I seen it!

6. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    I'm waiting...... [face_whistling] [face_laugh]

7. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    oh yeah, i said i was going to start this today, or at least this week. hmmmmm, yep i'm still thinking of my initial post. but i suppose if i'd have really given it any thought, then there'd be something here by now. let me get to planning here a little, i need to refresh my flowery language.

8. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    Flowery language = Dearest Edwina

9. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    There you go..... starting new games all over the place, when you haven't taken this one anywhere farther than the title... =D= [face_flag] [face_thinking] :confused: o_O

wrinkles.

10. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    well, i did a lot better with that other game, just look at how many people are playing! and the even more that want to be playing and aren't playing!

um, tell you what, i don't have anything to do tommorow after my class, or not at least for awhile after my class, i'm going to whip up a first official post for this game. however, the idea was for the people that wanted to play it to make up some character sheets and post them before the initial game post, but we can work in retrograde if it behoves the ff. maybe i'll even do it tonight. all it really requires is a little creative writing on my part. i need to pick a planet, put your odds-n-ends in a spaceship and viola!!!

11. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    first post! (of this game; officially speaking)

~The Republic is Peaceful and rather well established. The year is approximately 60 b.b.y. (roughly about the time obi-wan kenobi is born) The scene unfolds as such: The planet Ny-Scheee VII has been somewhat of a scientific curiosity for the last 15 or 20 years depending on who you're talking to. The Ny-Scheee cluster is nestled securly between the relatively un-explored mid-rim territories between Muunilist and Hoth, it contains about 20 different planets and is entirely supported by one large red-dwarf sized star. Only about two or three of it's planets are hospitible and only one is of any interest to the Republic at this time. The "interesting" planet of Ny-Scheee VII has little established government or political structure. The two or three growing cities the planet posesses are there sheerly as scientific stations or trade outposts for ships and frieghters in mid-journey. Ny-Scheee is mostly out of the way, but it has found itself in the middle of newly growing trade routs. The planet itself is largely tropical. While there are no global oceans, there is an abundance of large lakes. The composition of the planet makes it like a giant round dirt-sponge. not the kind of sponge that soaks up dirt, but like a sponge made of dirt. Ny-Scheee's claim to fame is it's plant life, which is abundant, and probably the cause of it's recent scientific interest.~

The point at which the Heroes (or characters, or whatever) find themselves, they are in transit to the planet Muunilist to try and acquire some galactic jobs. This is nice, because a ship like this can hold any number of travelers, refugees, soldiers, bounty-hunters, or whatever....

But there is a transport! flying through space! it is called the "Space Duck" and right outside of the Ny-Scheee cluster, it is caught in a hyper-space trap by Space Pirates! Now the Space Duck is a chartered vessel of the republic. Therefore, it is actually transporting a senator and an odd variety of non-specific, valuable cargo. It is also guarded and protected by Republic Guards and they begin engaging the Pirates. However, it would seem that the Pirates are ready and they are not frightened by the Republic crew or various threats. The Space Duck is attacked and badly damaged. Narrowly escaping the conflict the ship looses both of it's engines and begins to plummit toward the planet of Ny-Scheee VII.

Here is the point where the players become involved. Some of you will escape in escape pods, and some of you will be caught in the ship until it's innevatible crash-landing on the planet's lush surface.

-Players, please post characters and intentions:

Game On!

12. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    Droid

Kyye Lotte

Bounty Hunter

displeased his maker, overheard some talk of disassembling and took off

4 arms, 2 on each side

360 degree vision

has a natural forward lean and a mean vertical jump, general movement looks quite unnatural and jerky

built in blaster on 2 arms

vast programming in mechanics, physics, and combat

do you need any more info?

13. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    name: Rakilik S'ath
    race: Barebel
    appearance: Green scales, green eyes, about 6'7 when standing up right, often uses all fours to walk around, shiny white jagged teeth, no hair, a tail with green scales, all feet and arms have claws.
    profession: Jedi Knight
    bio: Once trained as a jedi Rakilik whent out to discover new aspects of the force after 3 years of diffrent force training Rakilik rejoined the Jedi order and was given the rank of jedi knight, His blade is green like his scales and he is one of the best saber fighters and hand to hand combatians of his rank. He also spent a year back on his own planet to relearn hunting in the barebel style...More Info as the game goes on...
    additional information:
    I don't know if your doing the roll the dice thing (I don't care for it but I'll play)

My intenton is at first for him to be very unfriendly, but later on make friends and hopefully someone will come up with a nick name for him because Rakilik S'ath isn't easy to remember.:p

14. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    Goodness. We need more people! Got any NPC's floatin' around out there that we should know about, Quaxle?

15. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
  16. POLARIUS

POLARIUS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    name:shazee rye
    race:twi'lek
    appearance:blood red skin with black markings. black robes
    profession:mercenary/bounty hunter
    bio:disowned by her family on ryloth at the age of 14 she was captured and sold into slavery were
    she was bought by a brutal local politician she was raped and tortured then left to die in the back ally
    of a space port when a weapons runner picked her up and nursed her to health. at the age of 20 she mastered the
    use of the lightsaber though not force sensitive she prefers to wear it as a symbol pf power.
    she was then betrayed by the man who took her in. at 22 she now has a deep hatred for those in power and her homeworld
    shazee was hired by a trader to help protect the carge going to the Ny-Scheee VIII cluster. She hopes to find inner peace...
    additional information:the weapons she is trained to use are numerous so i shall name these.
    she carries
    two lightsabers
    two customized DL-44s
    one vibro-knife
    as well as one twin bladed light staff
    expert in melee and ranged weapons

i intend to make a little stand offish toward male characters at first but i will probably lighten her up a little

anything else you want to know?

17. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    this has gone nowhere slowly

18. POLARIUS

Mar 26, 2004
    got that right man[face_tired]

19. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    I'm into.... um... things. Does anyone else like, stuff?

20. POLARIUS

Mar 26, 2004
    yeah stuff is good

21. JODA_YASKIEWICZ

JODA_YASKIEWICZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2005
    i like things more than stuff.

22. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    I'd noticed you like to keep your things away from stuff.

23. JODA_YASKIEWICZ

JODA_YASKIEWICZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2005
  24. POLARIUS

Mar 26, 2004
    things vs stuff although this arguement quite possibly need its own thread i feel that stuff is a good term to use for my possecions and things are some one elses, eh... stuff :confused:

25. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    I'm goin off the rails of the crazy train!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.