main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BDD's PaMtRR

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Zasio, Aug 31, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrus

Pyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    All too easy, now try imagining what would have happened if Peter Parker had been bitten by a radioactive water strider. 8-}

How's the return to school going so far? I'm thinking my call center tolerance is weakening. I've been at this job half as long as the last one and the monotony is taking it's toll. Well that and the fact I didn't expect or sign on to push a bunch of sales on people in an inbound customer service job. Searching for a new job is such a pain in the ass though. [face_plain]

2. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Ha ha ha! That mental scene is much funner . . .

The return to school is **** so far. Actually, 2007 is **** so far. It just feels like there's nothing happy or satisfying anywhere*. And that's compounded by issues of not having a car and my family would normally help me out there, heh, but they don't have cars either . . . And just weird **** is preventing us from having cars and other things compounding the annoyance of not having a car, heh.

I don't know . . . Honestly, I'm a little too stressed right now so that classes don't really even factor into my thoughts because I'm busy worrying about transportation -to bus/train up to school I need [at least] two hours to get there at the time I want so four hours of my day is being blow away? Which is kind of funny because just last semester I was bitching about losing just two hours (to three at most) out of the school day traveling.

Seriously . . . It's just not my day or week or month or year or something. :p

(* oh, except for this and this. but that's about it, ha.)

Ick, that doesn't sound very fun at all. :( But are you just prolonging having to search for a new job until you're sick of this one? Anyway it goes, it's all the suck. I really couldn't keep up with just that one call center job so I really don't know how you've been handling it, heh. I'm just too whiny, ha.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Looking for a job is a serious pain in the ass. [face_plain]

I got laid off from my job over a month ago... actually, almost two months ago grrrr....

I signed up for a workstudy for this coming semester though. So I'll be doing something fairly mellow on campus. I'm hoping for a library job, being that I'm going to school to be a librarian. We'll see what happens.

I seriously hope that what they say about "paying dues" has some fracking merit... because if so, I've got some good **** coming my way... meh. :p

Classes start a week from today, and I'm very ready to go back. I'm taking psychology and Literature... should be an interesting semester.

4. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Heh, I was going to be looking for at least something part time soon . . . Not really looking forward to that.

And someone needs to bomb your old job then, those bastards. :( :( :(

That workstudyness sounds good. :) I cross my fingers you get a library job!

I really dig psychology. :) Actually, I'm pretty interested in pretty much every class imagineable . . . It's just that interest is so much different than "being prepared to slave over" . . . It's good you still have a week though. :)

I don't think people really get paid their dues as far as good/badness or hard times and breaks . . . But I guess it would make life funner if I could believe in that, ha.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah... I'm having a difficult time buying into the "paying dues" theory.. :p

6. pigeon-youth

pigeon-youth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
  7. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    If the bunny didn't get his carrots then that's some solid evidence against God's existence.
    I'm not sure, I was going to finish reading Why We Procrastinate, but I ended up bookmarking it and coming here.
    Sorry to hear about the old job but hopefully you'll get to work in the library or some decent for workstudy.

Sounds like a pretty blah winter/2007 for everyone so far. Well except for...
    Tooty!¿

8. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Amen, ha.

[face_laugh] Awesome.

Yeah, I think this winter isn't very great for anyone. I want to commit suicide everytime I check the updates of my LJ friends list, ha.

I never really was one for winter blues- Usually the only thing rough about winter to me is the driving . . . But I guess other things are just "blah" and then the ****ing freezingness of winter just compounds it, I guess. Ick. :p

9. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    Damn, all this talk of winter has finally reminded someone that eastern Canada was missing out on the whole cold and snowy thing so far. Not much snow on the ground yet though, maybe if it warms back up tomorrow it'll just go away.

10. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Just start praying to ancient gods . . . Please take a note of which one listens while you're at it. ;)

11. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    My new god is whoever invented Meth Coffee. =P~ [face_coffee]

edit: Mail Orderage!
    I like the sounds of this, if it has to be a trinity then I guess I can live with a master druggist, bionicalbrain chemist, and coffee viscologist.

12. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Ha ha ha, a worthy trinity indeed . . . I kind of fear that power, though. [face_hypnotized]

And yet I could use it right about now. [face_frustrated]

13. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    I know the feeling, I wish they could deliver before I go to work in an hour.

14. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    Weekends are far too short. I'm thinking of starting an Internet petition to extend Saturday and Sunday to each be 36 hours long.

15. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Whoa, I totally glazed over the fact that they delivered at all, ha. But why would you want to be awake for work? [face_thinking] ;)

But I'm all for those extensions. Even though I do have Friday off and only one class on Mondays- it feels like I'm spending a fair chunk of the week just recovering from the Tues-Thurs craziness. 8-}

16. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    Now that's a nice schedule. Did week 2 go any better than the first week back?

17. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Not really. I ****ing freaked out on Thursday and had to leave class early and got a migraine, ha. :p

But honestly . . . I think everything has to be up from there. :p And it was still the same stress as the week before, just built up and compounded.

Now things are feeling much better and . . . comprehensible, I guess. I just don't want to go to that class again and see my instructor who's gonna ask me how I am, and the other students who might be keeping an eye on me to see if I'm as unstable as I appeared to be on Thursday, ha ha. Not cool.

And I guess I'm not the kind of person who really has big public dramatic moments. I just hate looking weak in that way and feeling vulnerable. Plus this instructor is kind of new to me and she already has some stereotypes about me it seems. I kind of wish it was someone else who wouldn't think that I'm ALWAYS like that or something. Bahhhhhhhh. Bah. Bah, I tell you, BAH.

18. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    And Bah!, for whatever the hell work wanted when I just ignored their phone call a minute ago.

19. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Those bastards! Don't they know they officially don't exist on the weekends? Ha. I think once we get those extra hours added onto the weekends they might get the point that they're not wanted. ;)

edit. Unless they want to give people more money. Do they want to give you more money? [face_worried]

20. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    Not very likely unless they're offering overtime. It's a little late for that now since I'm supposed to work tomorrow at 10:00am. I suppose I'll have to call them back later and see.

21. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Have to? I'd probably wait and find out morningtime when I went in, ha. :D

22. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    They were looking for overtime. I just waited until it was too late for me to go in before I called them back.

23. Pyrus

Jul 13, 1998
    [image=http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/Pyrus_mg/DexVacationSml.jpg]
    Vacations are so nice. :)

24. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Aww, that picture captures everything good about vacations, I think. :D (well, all that is good in the world.) :D

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

I have been reading a psychology book since five am... hold me, Zas.. [face_hypnotized]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.