main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends B'disth (Qui Obi JA AUish, Mush, Angst) Chapter 19 posted 5/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by adawn, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adawn

adawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2005
    Lady_Snow_Kayuga: Yep I think we'll be seeing a lot of Panicked!Qui.

Gkilkenny: Glad you liked it, even with the evil cliffhanger!

kenobiwanobi: Sorry ;)

TheLurker: Yeah I know, poor Obi. More upcoming.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: I don't think it's quite tissue time yeeeet.

MASTER_KAYM: I like them acting, it's fun too.

Darksaber: I like making Obi act adorable. I figure he always has to be serious and in control, ao it's fun to give him some space.

Just-Plain-Shmi: Glad you found the story and liked it. Hope you'll keep reading!

2. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    Qui-gon woke the next morning feeling surprisingly well rested. Obviously the sleep accommodations of the resort agreed with him. He stifled a yawn and stretched his arms over his head. The sun was at a fair height; he must have slept later than usual and wondered why Obi-wan hadn?t woken him. He reached out through the bond to find his Apprentice and was shocked to find such a mental distance between himself and the boy. Something was wrong.

Alarmed, he rose and ran out the door and down the hall to the dorm where he had deposited his sleeping Padawan the night before. He was momentarily relieved to spot Obi-wan in the bed where he had left him, but panic rose anew when he saw the sheen of sweat that covered the boy?s face. Kneeling beside the bed, a quick check with the force revealed Obi-wan?s system to be compromised, and his connection to the force very weak.

They had drugged him. They had drugged a child. He wound his anger into a tight ball and released it into the force as he scooped the boy into his arms. Carrying Obi-wan back to his own quarters he settled him on the bed. The boneless form stirred as he pulled the covers up.

Qui-gon could see the effort it took Obi-wan to just open his eyes.

?Ma?? the bigger man laid a finger against the small mouth. Despite the situation, they could not afford to risk revealing themselves.

?Hush, youngling. You are safe here with your Da.? He sensed a tendril of awareness return to Obi-wan as his words registered. //What has happened to you, Padawan?//

//I don?t remember, Master. I?m sorry.// Out loud he said, his voice hoarse, ?Papa, am I sick? It hurts Papa.? //They fed me a drink?// Obi-wan cut off his thought as his head reeled in pain. Qui-gon could see him fighting to maintain control, biting his lip.

?I?m not sure, son. But I don?t think it?s anything too serious. I?m sorry it?s hurting you.? He shifted to sit on the side of the bed and looked down at the pale face lying in his bed. Checking over Obi-wan once again he calmed a little. Whatever it was it appeared to be wearing off, although slowly.

//Let go, Obi-wan. It?s okay to let go.// The boy looked at him seriously for one moment, as if judging, and then suddenly shifted to tentatively lay his head in the bigger man?s lap, hiding his eyes from the painful light. ?It hurts so much? came the whimper. He knew Obi-Wan was not acting now. Qui-gon felt his heart clench.

Running his hand through the boy?s hair he tried to accomplish several things at once; he pressed Obi-wan more firmly against him so that the boy knew he was welcome. The Master also took the edge off the pain his Padawan was feeling, and he felt him relax even further. Finally, he quietly sent the force suggestion ?Sleep my poor little one.? As with everything else, Obi-wan obeyed almost instantly.

Sliding out from under his apprentice, Qui-gon threw on a tunic and headed down towards the main common room to find one of their ?gracious hosts?. With every step he reminded himself to maintain serenity. Marching up to the first person of the race that he spotted, he demanded,

?What did you do to my son?? The words were quiet, but there was no denying their strength.

?Sir, I don?t know what you mean?? The man was soon joined by a compatriot, who stood silently staring at Qui-Gon with a focus the Jedi Master found disquieting.

?He is currently sick with fever in my bed, confused and practically incoherent.? The image of Obi-wan resting in his lap brought that unfamiliar clench back to his chest. How long would his Padawan remain in this condition?

?Sir, Mister?.?

?Jinn, um, di Jinn.? Focus old fool, you almost lost yourself there because of your worries.

?Mister di Jinn, illness in offworld children the first day here has been quite common. Rest assured he will recover shortly.?

Qui-Gon gave them both a hard stare. He certainly had no doubt that this ?illness? was common in children. ?You best hope for your own sake that he does.?

?We apologize for the incon

3. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Very interesting...and this master and padawan pair is so cute pretending to be an actual family...great job yet again!

4. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    awwwwww...that is kinda a cute evil plot[face_love]

bad cuz Obi is sick......good cuz we get to see how mushy Qui-gon is inside.

More soon, this is really getting to me. Poor Obi!:_|

5. A_NuEvil

A_NuEvil Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2006
    Just read this for the first time...excellent! =D=

Please, if you've got a pm list on when you update, pleeeeeeease add me to it. [face_praying] Thanks.

6. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    He's sick? Oh, no, poor Obi-Wan...

Hope Qui-Gon works all this out soon.

-DS

7. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    :eek:!
    Poor Obi. Send him my way, I'll make him feel better...:D.
    Great chapter, though. More soon!
    Thanks for the PM :D.

~Rhi

8. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    Kenobiwanobi: Thanks, I?m glad it?s keeping your interest.

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: Hehe a ?cute evil plot? eh? I guess that?s true. Even when I?m trying to put them in danger I have to make it cute.

A_NuEvil: Yay! A new reader. Really glad you like it. Consider yourself added to the PM list.

-Darksaber-: I don?t know if I?d say he works it out ?soon?, but I have a plan in store for our boys.

TheLurker: I?ll send little Obi your way to make feel better if I get Phantom Menace Obi to feel better (evil grin).

New post next.

9. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    This is a really short Chapter. Really it?s sort of a half chapter. It?s unadulterated mush, with little real action. But I think it serves nicely as a transition scene to the next section of the story, and I really wanted to include it.

--------------------------

It seemed to be several hours later when Obi-Wan was suddenly woken by the jerking of his arms. He dragged himself momentarily out of his grogginess and sent a tendril of the force - remarking with relief that the force was accessible to him again - throughout his body to try and determine the problem. It appeared that whatever they had given him the previous night was causing some slightly painful, definitely irritating muscle spasms.

Glancing over the room he realized he was in his Master?s quarters. When had that happened? Sure enough, he spotted Qui-Gon asleep in a chair beside the bed. The spasms continued, and Obi-wan bit his lip so as to not cry out and wake his Master.

So here he was, awake but exhausted with every muscle in his body determined to rebel against him. And to top it off, he was supposed to be Ben di Kylo in the middle of this. He didn?t know if he could do it. He was so tired, and he wanted . . . he wanted . . . Force! He didn?t even know what he wanted. Sighing he tried to centre himself and thought Well if I don?t know what I want, what would Ben want?

In a few minutes he began to creep as quietly as he could, as carefully as he could, to where his Master was sleeping. Climbing into the chair with the bigger man Obi-wan slowly curled himself into Qui-Gin?s lap, resting his head against the broad chest. Yes, this is what Ben would do, and it was his duty to keep up appearances.

What Obi-Wan hadn?t realized is that the minute he moved from his bed, Qui-Gon was awake. The Master had thrown up his shields so that the boy wouldn?t sense him, the Jedi?s curiosity getting the better of him. Even with his vaunted Jedi control, trying to remain so still while the boy climbed into his lap was almost impossible. This was the last thing he had expected when his Apprentice had climbed out of bed.

Opening on eye slowly he saw the boy?s muscles jerking and reached out and began massaging one arm. Obi-wan briefly met his eyes, then looked away. ?Didn?t mean to wake you Papa.? //I?m sorry Master, I can go back to bed. I just thought Ben would?// Qui-Gon was smiling at him. //Well Ben is certainly welcome to any comfort he needs. As are you, my Padawan. //

Obi-wan suspected he was being teased somehow, but he couldn?t quite put his finger on it, and it was too hard to concentrate as his Master was rocking him back and forth. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew the action was strange and unexpected from the large, usually reserved man, and that as a Jedi Padawan he should have more dignity than this. But Ben isn?t a Jedi, he told himself, so it?s okay.

Had he been alert enough to realize how much he was projecting he would have heard his Master?s answering thought: While Kylo di Jinn is not Jedi, he is a wise enough man to realize that all too soon his boy will be too big to hold in his lap, and will no longer need his Da the same way. So Kylo, he thought, would take advantage of the moment.

10. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Hey, don't apologise....Jodie-Wan loves unadultered mushies!

So Kylo, he thought, would take advantage of the moment.

Aww, very sweet.

You're doing tremendously with this,

-DS

11. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Jun 9, 2005
    *squeal* I can't think of anything else to respond with but "SQUEE!"
    -A very content Kaguya[face_love]

12. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Wow you are such an amazing writer! And I'll just leave it with that...for now..

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Poor Obi-wan, all these muscle spasms
    but at least he is getting some loving attention from
    Qui-Gon[face_love]

So Sweet and mushy[:D]

nice post.

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awwwwww! That was adorable. It's sad that Obi's sick but that was just cute!

15. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    Great update. I love mush.
    Not sure about that trade, though. I'm enjoying my Phantom Menace Obi for now. Maybe when I get sick of him...:p

~Rhi

16. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

That was soooo cuteeeee! [face_love] I really love mush! :D

Great story!

17. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Very nice update - and lots of mush! :)
    More soon?

18. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    -Darksaber-: Wow, thanks for the nice review :)

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: SQUEEs are the best reaction ever!

kenobiwanobi: Wow! Thanks! Hope you like this next bit too.

Gkilkenny: I figure if I?m gonna torture Obi he at least deserves some mushiness.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: So glad you liked it!

TheLurker: **hoards Phantom Menace Obi** but since you like the story I might share :)

MASTER_KAYM: Heee! Did you think it was cute?

Fifilla: Yay a new reviewer! Hope this is soon enough for you!

19. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    It was well past mid meal when Obi-wan finally felt like his body was under his control, and that perhaps it was time to move. Before opening his eyes he realized that he was back in his bed, and wondered briefly if his Master had tired of having a curled up Padawan in his lap. He blushed slightly at his own boldness, and turned an eye towards the chair where he had fallen asleep on the bigger man.

It was empty. Obi-wan attempted to quash the quickly rising sense of panic that surprised him upon noting Qui-Gon?s absence. His Master must have tired of having to coddle him, he thought glumly.

As if hearing his thoughts, his teacher chose that moment to enter the room. Obi-wan felt an immense sense of relief, followed quickly by embarrassment at his own strong emotions. Although it was fleeting, Qui-Gon saw the quick look flicker across the boy?s face.

If anyone had been watching they probably would have said the older man wore an indulgent smile as he quietly told the boy ?I did not abandon you, young one. I merely excused myself to the ?fresher. Are you hungry? We?re between meals, but I?m sure we could wrangle up something for you.?

?Starved!? came the emphatic reply. And no wonder, Jinn thought, the boy hadn?t really eaten anything since the late meal the evening before.

?Up you get then, and into the ?fresher to clean up a bit first.?

While no longer spasming, Obi-wan was still considerably weak, wavering on his feet several times on the journey towards the main dining hall. He could practically feel his Master?s eyes on him as he stopped to lean against a wall.

?You are not well enough to make it ? at least not before the sun sets.?

Obi-wan scowled at the teasing, which only deepened when he saw the look his Master was giving him. He?d seen that look before and it usually meant something he wouldn?t like. As Qui-gon moved towards him, crouching slightly, the realization dawned.

?Papa, you absolutely can not!?

The older Jedi blinked. That was almost automatic, came the fleeting thought, before he shook it out of his head.

?Can?t I? Why ever not??

?There are others, you can?t?.? Obi-wan faltered. //You can?t carry me Master, not in front of the others!//

?Youthful pride,? Qui-gon muttered, giving his apprentice an appraising look, ?if you won?t be carried, and are too weak to make a decent go of walking, we shall have to compromise.? With that he turned his back to his Padawan, crouched as low as he could, and said ?Climb on.?

After a few seconds of no movement he turned and peered over his shoulder to see his charge staring at him open mouthed. He nudged him slightly with the force, and gingerly Obi-Wan hung his arms around the man?s neck and felt him rise. His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, was giving him a piggy-back ride.

I must still be drugged, he thought. In a moment his felt a stinging pinch on his arm and an answering thought,

//You are not drugged. I am merely being ?relaxed? and ?jovial?.//

Qui-gon could feel the vibrations of his Padawan?s laughter against his back as they walked.

After some ?discussion? over what was suitable for ?Ben? to eat (Ben had remarkably similar taste to an obstinate Obi-Wan, Qui-gon noted), the pair settled at a table where he had spotted his companion from the previous evening, Mi?read, and what could only be assumed was his daughter. The Master could certainly not ignore the fact that the girl?s arm was encased in plaster from fingers to elbow.

Crouching again to allow his Padawan to slide off his back, he greeted the other man. ?It seems we both have casualties,? indicating the girl seated beside him who was currently eyeing Obi-Wan with suspicion.

Mi?read gave him a wane smile. ?Fall out of tree this morning after first meal.? Qui-Gon thought the man still looked a little green around the edges. ?Let me introduce my daughter Ev?lee.?

?I?d offer a hand my lady, but yours seems to be occupied.? Ev?lee gave a quiet laugh and a smile at that. Obi-w

20. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Jun 9, 2005
    ?Papa, you absolutely can not!?

The older Jedi blinked. That was almost automatic

Haha![face_laugh] automatic indeed. Its gotta be imprinted in our DNA somewhere to be stubborn when our parents feel like coddling us.

His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, was giving him a piggy-back ride.

I must still be drugged, he thought. In a moment his felt a stinging pinch on his arm and an answering thought,

XD I'm enjoying the running bits about Qui-gon and Obi-wan's alter egos. Really neat stuff. Poor Ev'lee, thats gotta hurt.

21. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Absolutly wonderful post! I love Obi and Qui...well Kylo and Ben...anyway, I really like this plot line and think you are doing a beautiful job. Can't wait for more/thanks for the PM.

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Teriffic post!
    Is it my imagination or did Obi-wan sound a bit like
    a spoiled brat.
    He is playing the part of Ben very well=D=

Love the interaction betwen "Father and Son"
    Can you PM me please

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Hehe. Automatic response indeed!!

And the other girl is getting ill as well now? Connection?

More soon!

24. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    That was indeed soon enough :) - thanks for the update!

I just can imagine Qui-Gon doing this! Very nice interaction between "father and son".

25. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005

Heh, indeed, Qui-Gon, indeed...

I'm glad Obi-Wan's feeling better...Very sweet how stubborn he was about being carried.

-DS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.