main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends B'disth (Qui Obi JA AUish, Mush, Angst) Chapter 19 posted 5/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by adawn, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Angsty chapter! And very clever to use Tahl as a memory!
    More soon?

2. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Tahl! Oh man, that must hurt them both.....but at the same time its unbelievably sweet that the one to pop into the place of his mother would be Tahl (I've always been under the impression she could be motherly, and she did rather like Obi-wan).

The shock for Qui was well done...poor kid.

Evil, Sithly B'disth!

I'm now even more worried about whats happening.....[face_worried]

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

This is heading for an emotional breakdown
    I can tell and I dont mean Obi and Qui8-}

The B'disth are changeing their memories[face_shame_on_you]

Run! Qui-Gon get the Jedi all out of there.
    Dont wait till it is too late!!![face_worried]

Very intense =D=

4. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Oh, lovely update, incredibly cute...

-DS

5. adawn

adawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2005
    Thanks guys for all your reviews. I missed replying personally to the last bunch, sorry about that.

Kenobiwanobi ? Glad you thought it was cute! Here?s more.
    Fifilla ? I thought Tahl would be a good person to use to shake them both up.
    Lady_Snow_Kaguya ? yeah, that hit them both, although Qui?s holding up better ? on the outside at least.
    Gilkenny ? glad you?re still enjoying it and I?m loving your story with Yoda and Obi and Qui (haven?t had a chance to respond yet).
    -Darksaber- - I?m a sucker for the cute.

6. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    He knew Obi-wan was awake, even though the boy kept his eyes closed and his breathing even. Even if he could not tell so through the force, Qui-gon would have known from the steady grip the boy had on a fistful of his hair. When Obi-wan slept that small hand had fallen away; now, with awareness and troubling thoughts of the morning it was back. Qui-gon chose to say nothing; his apprentice would open up when he was ready.

When he did, Obi-wan was so quiet his Master almost did not hear him, but he strained to do so, not wanting to make the boy repeat something that may have been difficult to voice in the first place.

?So it was all my imagination. Does that mean she?s alright?? He was too embarrassed to name Master Tahl, he already felt he was behaving like a crechling, he did not want to open his mouth and prove it to be so.

?She is fine cai?lan. Reach through the force and you will know yourself, the force will not lie to you.?

A moment, and then,

?What does cai?lan mean?? The Jedi Master was slightly taken aback. He had not even realized he had said it. ?Papa??

?It is a Serilian word. It means ?child?.?

//Your home world.// The awe was clear.

?So why am I a kunga pouchling?? At this, Qui-gon laughed.

?So you remember that do you? Well, you are curled up against my chest like a baby kunga in his father?s pouch.?

Obi-wan flushed and looked down, as if registering his position for the first time. ??Spose that?s true?, he mumbled sleepily and moved as if to settle down again.

?Oh no you don?t. The sun is far too high in the sky to keep sleeping. We should do a morning meditation, we?ve missed it for a few days and it might settle us some.? The padawan knew his Master was just being kind ? nothing could ever rustle the big man, and Obi was positive his Master was not confused like he was. He silently cursed his ineptitude. ?Bendo.? With the quiet calling of his name Obi-wan knelt beside his Master and fell into meditation. He instantly felt his Master?s reassuring presence and guidance in regaining his focus. He wrapped that reassurance around him and eased deeper into his meditative trance. He had no idea he had remained like that when he felt a nudge at his shields and he allowed himself to surface.

//That reminds me, Master, the other night I felt the presence of the B?disth at the edges of my shields. Not breaking through them, exactly, but still there.// Qui-gon was grinning at him, teeth and all. //Master?// The impossible grin just got wider.

//That is the first time you have called me ?Master? in some time. Indeed, it is the first time you have called me much of anything through our bond. It seems the meditation has helped your focus//

Oh. Right. His focus. Obi-wan sighed, and released most of his anxieties into the force. //I was afraid I would slip-up and call you the wrong thing. Again.//

//You are behaving exactly how you need to be for this mission, Padawan. Fear not. I too, have fallen prey to the way the B?disth are manipulating our emotions. I did have to teach you a new Serilian word today.//

Manipulation, right, the young Jedi thought sadly. That?s all it really is. As if reading his thoughts, Qui-gon lifted his chin to meet eye to eye.

?Know this, little one. They cannot manipulate something that isn?t there.?
    Obi-wan swallowed the very massive and sudden lump in his throat, and opened his mouth to speak but then quickly stopped. His eyes flew to the door and then back to Qui-gon.

//They are out there, Master. One of the B?disth. Right on the other side of the door.//

With lightening-fast Jedi reflexes, Qui-gon ripped open the door shocking the B?disth on the other side into stillness.

?What are you doing outside our door?? He tried to rein in and release his anger. If he looked too upset he might reveal that they knew more than they should. Sith be damned he was growing weary of these creatures playing with his padawan?s heart as if it were a toy. Obi-wan must have sensed

7. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    This was a very good post...the nicknames are so cute!!Great job!!!~Thanks for the PM!

8. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    Bumping b/c I forgot to change the Message subject to reflect the update. Fixed now.

9. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Very sweet chapter! [face_love]

10. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Lovely update! they can't manipulate what isn't there Aww [face_love]

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Was that the calm before the storm
    Obi-wan seemed lucid after the meditations.

Thank goodness they have cleared their heads8-}

?Everything is fine my Cai?lan.? Sith, he had done it again. There is no passion; there is serenity. ?Our friend was paying us an unwanted visit, but he was leaving now, correct?? A heavy glare worked far more than a force suggestion.

I just love the way Qui-Gon uses those terms of indearment
    on Obi-wan, it shows he really cares for our Obi-wan[face_love]

well done=D=

12. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    ?What does cai?lan mean?? The Jedi Master was slightly taken aback. He had not even realized he had said it. ?Papa??

?It is a Serilian word. It means ?child?.?

//Your home world.// The awe was clear.

?So why am I a kunga pouchling?? At this, Qui-gon laughed.

?So you remember that do you? Well, you are curled up against my chest like a baby kunga in his father?s pouch.?

Oh, oh, that was so unbelievably sweet! *drools*

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe that was a cute post!!

14. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    Aww, that was sweet. I love how Qui-Gon admits to Obi about the nicknames. That was one of the best chapters yet.

~Rhi

15. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Jun 9, 2005
    gah! manipulating whats there, indeed! AKA Qui is forced to be as mushy as he really is. [face_love] lovely

16. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    Thank you all for your kind reviews! Here's Chapter 11!
    ---------------------------------------------------------

//Padawan, what?s the situation?//

//It?s clear Master, I?m going in.//

//Be careful.// There was something in his Master?s mental voice that made Obi-wan chuckle. He could almost hear the man trying not to sound overly concerned and then not being able to stop himself.

Obi-wan made sure to toss the ball through the door before he stepped foot into the resort?s storeroom. It wasn?t empty very often, and he had been ?playing? nearby for several hours just waiting for an opportunity to get inside. He could not screw up now. Shaking himself back into reality he took a quick appraising glance of his surroundings. Crates of crystals were everywhere, although he was certain not all of them were the special ones the B?disth seemed intent on harvesting.

//I haven?t found them yet, Master, but there are lots of other crystals.//

//Try and keep your focus obi-wan.//

Right. It was then that he noticed the smallest tower of boxes near the far door. Walking over, the boy stood on his toes to try to read the labelling.

?gui?lang. That?s Ev?lee and Mi?read?s name!? He scanned the boxes, all of them baring names, some names having multiple boxes. And then he saw the ones he had been anxious to find. The two biggest crates bore the names di Kylo/di Jinn. His shock gave way to an internal battle as he slowly raised the lid to peek inside.

?Oh Force! They?re beautiful!? Slowly he touched the top of one with the tip of his finger, afraid the delicate beauty of it would crumble under his touch. He soon discovered how deceiving these crystals were, and that they were extremely strong. To the far right of the box one caught his eye, and picked it up to examine it closer.

The base of the crystal was as one, only to split halfway up the piece, and then, crystal arms intertwined, meld into one again at the top. There were threads of rainbow color throughout, but dead in the centre was a mass of weeping blue surrounding by a warm, deep green.

Reaching out with the Force Obi-wan?s suspicions were confirmed. It was from the other night, when he had had those dreams about his Mam. The night Master Qui-gon had taken all of that horror and made it better. They had made a crystal out of his weakness and neediness for his ? he squashed the thought out and the anger and returned his focus to the crystal to calm himself.

//Obi-wan, out, NOW!// He registered his Master?s command just as he saw the B?disth.

?What are you doing in here?? This one was gruffer than of the other B?disth he was used to dealing with. ?Well??

?I ? I was just looking for my t-t-toy, Ser.? He slipped the crystal that had distracted him unto a fold of his tunic and then pointed away from himself to where the red ball was lodged underneath a box.

?What is your name?? The B?disth asked as he picked up the red ball, all 6 eyes never leaving obi-wan.
    ?Bendo di Kylo, S-s-ser.?

?You are trespassing young di Kylo, let us go find your father.?

Qui-gon feigned surprise at seeing the figures blocking his light in the gardens. Sure enough, as he suspected, Obi-wan had been caught by one of the B?disth. A nanosecond of concern spiked through the Master before he noticed the red ball clasped rather tightly in the B?disth?s hand. Apparently his apprentice?s cover story had worked.

?Can I assist you??
    ?Yes. Keep your child out of the storeroom. He does not belong there, and if we catch him trespassing again there will be serious consequences to his actions.?

?Papa! I wasn?t trespassing, I was just ? ?

Qui-gon held up his hand. ?Enough Bendo. Were you, or were you not in the storeroom as our friend stated??

?Yes, Papa, but ---? All Qui-gon had to do was raise a questioning eyebrow and Obi-wan?s mouth snapped shut, leaving the boy looking as though he had swallowed his own tongue. By the force he played petulant well. A bit too well, he thought, no longer knowing where the acting lines w

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Oh so horrible, made to give back the crystal but I can see Qui-Gons point[face_thinking]
    they do not want to blow their cover.=D=
    He better give Obi-wan a big hug when they get back to
    their room[:D]
    for swating him like that.[face_shame_on_you]

18. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    What a wonderful post....I dont know who I like more obi's chaacrter or qui's....cute

19. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Jun 9, 2005
    Obi-wan?s mouth snapped shut, leaving the boy looking as though he had swallowed his own tongue. By the force he played petulant well.

Does he! [face_laugh]

Funny to see Qui-gon's reactions here. I wonder if the B'disth are having more of an effect on him than he thinks...

20. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    I've missed a couple of posts! I've been busy... I must say, it's still very good :) I really love this one ^^ (gotta go to work [face_beatup] )

21. TheLurker

Aug 4, 2005
    Before he could even finish the words he was caught by the arm and felt two hard swats hit his backside. The surprise and the pain caught him unawares.

Qui-gon almost, almost laughed at the look of pure betrayal on Obi-wan's face, but held it in.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOL! That was funny. Poor Obi.

Great chapter =D=

~Rhi

22. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Oh this was so good! It had me laughing the whole time through. Aww, I could just picture the unbelieving, about-to-cry, Obiwan after his master spanked him. Wonderful chapter!

23. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    Here's a quick chapter, rather short, but a little follow up to the previous scene. Just when I thought I couldn't get mushier...

Once again, a big thank you for all of your lovely reviews!

--------------------------------

Chapter 12

?You?ve never done that before.?
    Qui-gon looked up from where he was seated on his sleep couch. Despite the boy?s earlier apology for his behaviour, this is the first that Obi-wan had spoken to him since.

?No I have not. You have never given me cause to before? he replied quietly, sensing further questions from his apprentice. They came only from the boy?s eyes. Qui-gon heaved a sigh not even sure he knew how to explain his actions. He was interrupted before he could even begin.

?I bet it?s against the code? Obi-wan muttered from across the room, bottom lip protruding in a classic pout. Qui-gon resisted the urge to get up and walk over and poke it back in where in belonged.

A smile, and then, ?The code does not forbid it, Padawan. Although I think many in the temple would be shocked to know that such an incident had happened.?

?Why??

?The Jedi expect much of their children, a different standard of behaviour. It isn't fair, but it is necessary, and we raise you to maintain a high standard of behaviour.? Obi-wan raised a skeptical eye at the last. ?Ok, to try and maintain a high standard of behaviour.?

?I don?t understand.? Obi-wan scowled, kicking at invisible stones on the floor. When he looked up, his Master had moved closer to the edge of the sleep couch and was holding his arm out in a welcoming gesture.

?Come here, Ben.? Qui-gon knew that Obi-wan was confused, and feeling vulnerable. He also knew that Obi-wan would need the use of his alias to give in to his vulnerability, his need for something from his Master.

Trying to read his Master, Obi-wan shuffled over to the big man and stopped just in front of his knees. After a moment he felt Qui-gon's hand hook him around his waist and pull him in closer until Obi-wan was standing sideways against his broad chest, his arm still around the boy in a loose half embrace.

?Are you shy with me as well, Cai?lan??

Obi-wan reveled in the warmth of the endearment for a moment, and took a deep breath as if he could breathe in the word and all the good feelings it brought with it. After a moment he relaxed enough to register the circles his Master was rubbing against his back and the waves of reassurance he was sending. Leaning further against the man, he finally spoke.

?I'm sorry I did not behave as a Jedi.?

?Ah. But neither did I, hmm??

Obi-wan's head snapped up so fast he almost cracked his Master in the chin.

?You need not look so shocked. You commented on it yourself, that I had never done that before. And I said that you had never given me cause to before. That is true, but an oversimplification.?

?You have had the very normal, emotional reactions trained out of you from your first day at the temple. Do you know why??

?Emotions lead to the Dark side.?

?No, not all emotions. Fear, anger, uncontrolled negativity, yes. Obi-wan it is almost a fundamental truth of nature that little ones are bundles of chaotic, intense feelings.?

?Then why do they take that away from us??

?Because you have a gift ? the Force. That gift demands sacrifice from all Jedi. We have the Force, but we must also have control. Because imagine a 6 year old having a temper tantrum who can weild the Force. Not a pretty picture, is it??

Obi-wan laughed, but then grew solemn. ?But I did not have control.?

?No, you didn't. For once you behaved as a normal, bratty,? this with a teasing poke to the chest, ?boy who was frustrated. The way the Council, the B'disth and your own instincts have all wanted you to. And I, I did not behave as a Jedi Master. I too, followed my first instincts.?

?So,? Obi-wan began very deliberately, ?your instincts told you that Ben was straying and needed his Papa.?

?No,? came the gentle rebuke. ?My instincts did not tell me that Ben

24. TheLurker

Aug 4, 2005
    ?No,? came the gentle rebuke. ?My instincts did not tell me that Ben needed his Papa, they told me that my Obi-wan did.?

Everybody say "Awwwwww..."

That was so sweet. Throughout that whole scene, I just wanted to give Obi a huge hug!
    [:D] [:D] [:D] <- just like these.

Great chapter, and thanks for the PM.

~Rhi

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Well there it is!=D=

As plain as day Obi-wan needed his papa
    Qui-Gon just confirmed to Obi-wan that he is his Father
    in all the ways that count[face_dancing]

Oh so mushy and so wonderful[:D]

Thread Status: