main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends B'disth (Qui Obi JA AUish, Mush, Angst) Chapter 19 posted 5/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by adawn, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    aww.w..yay for some clarity with the identity issues! ha, I knew Wui would figure out its not acting..

That last line....d'aawwww

2. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    That was soooooooo sweet!

I just found this story today and decided to read it...boy, am I glad I did! I absolutely LOVE what you're doing with this story and I can't wait to see future additions made to it! If it all possible, I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me when you update again, thanks!

3. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    awww this was so beautiful.!. I loved how it talked more about their identidies and how they arent entirely acting!

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe man that was great! The lines between the act and reality are indeed blurring. More soon!

5. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I found this story last night started reading liked what I read and today liked what I read as well. :)

Could I please be Pm'd as soon as you have an update?[face_praying]

6. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Really cool story. I found it today.

I'd love to keep up with this story and offer highest praise on every post, but I am home for the summer and one working computer among 9 people doesn't really work...

I'll come back when I can.

Love this story.

~tirra

7. adawn

adawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2005
    TheLurker: I think Qui wanted to give him a hug too, but didn't quite recognize the feeling for what it was. He's getting there though.

Gkilkenny: ?in all the ways that count? indeed!

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: Here's a secret ? most of that was written as an excuse to get to that last line.

UltimateObi-Wan_987: Hi! Glad you found my little story and even more glad that you like it! Consider yourself on the PM list.

Kenobiwanobi: Aw, thanks! Here's another chapter!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Here's more. It wasn't exactly ?soon? but that's a technicality.

KILIK
    : Yay another new face! Thanks for reading and I'm glad you're enjoying it. You're on the PM list.

Tirra_Parr: With one computer for 9 people I'm impressed you took the time to give me even one review! Hope you make it back and keep enjoying the story!

8. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    ?Focus Ben.? The familiar words rang out and te padawan tried not to growl.

?It?s a little hard to practice hand to hand with someone whose arm span is the same is the same as my height, papa,? Obi-wan said exasperatedly from where he was held by the shoulders. Try as he might, he could not free himself from his Master?s grip, as light as it was.

Finally qui-gon released him and he stumbled back a bit at the change. ?If obligated to fight hand to hand, where would you strike first??

?The place where I could reach first,? came the reply, with a pointed punch to the big man?s stomach. Obi-wan sighed when it receive4d absolutely no response.

?I?m afraid not. My solar plexus is arguably the strongest part of my body. You want to aim for fingers, other appendages and especially the face and head.

?The face! I ? how ?? Obi-wan groaned into his hands. ?You?re way up there!? he cried in despair, childish frustration getting the better of him. Whose joke of the Force was it to pair such a big man with the runt of his age-mates? How would he ever learn to be a knight like this?

?Even the smallest grow eventually, Cai?lan. Your time will come. Perhaps one day you will even be taller than I am.? Qui-gon forced his mouth not to quirk up into a grin at the look of pure doubt that came over Obi-wan at this last statement. ?Come now, let?s try. I?ll even level the field.? With that Qui-gon got down on his knees. ?See, it?s all perspective. Now we are the same height.?

?Actually, papa, I think I?m taller than you now.?

?Well then, let?s see what you?ve got, hmm?? Before even finishing his sentence Qui-gon threw a ?punch? at his apprentice. With some pride he noted Obi-wan?s almost reflexive knife hand block, which the boy followed up with a ?strike? to his temple. With the right momentum a strike like that could seriously incapacitate an opponent. After a few more runs testing Obi-Wan?s blocking techniques he left himself open slightly in order to encourage the boy to move into attack mode.

What he did not expect is that his apprentice would take to it with such ? enthusiasm. The grin on the boys face as he pulled punch after strike was almost contagious. Indeed he had just broken out into a grin when he felt a sharp pain at the side of his head and found himself on his back with an armful of apprentice. After a second the shock dissipated. Obi-wan had gotten to the ground and was currently trying to pin his arms.

?How?d you manage that you little urchin?? he gasped out as he struggled to sit up. Obi-wan was sitting on his chest, and despite Obi-Wan?s small stature the full weight of 13 year old boy was directly on his lungs. Plus the boy was still putting forth a rather valiant effort to pin his arms down.

?You shouldn?t lose your focus, papa!? The smirk that accompanied that was too much for the Jedi Master, and in one swift movement he had their positions reversed. Obi-Wan recovered quickly and tried to squirm loose, but was unsuccessful despite the fact Qui-Gon was putting very little weight into holding the boy down.

?I don?t think you fight very fairly Ben di Kylo, ? he mock growled. His Padawan placed a purposefully innocent (and disturbingly familiar, Qui-gon noted) look on his face before replying,

?Whatever do you mean??

?You pulled my hair.?

?I prefer to call it ?taking advantage of a tactical opening?.?

?Really? Well it seems to me that I am the one at an advantage now, my boy.?

?Ehn. I?m not afraid of you,? Obi-Wan said smugly, and then broke out in laughter. ?You sh-should-shoulda seen your face!?

?Oh? You?ve become quite the devious imp, haven?t you??

?I must take after my Da, then.?

?You must, because it turns out your Da doesn?t fight fair either.? With that Qui-gon forgot himself completely and for the second time in a week began torturing his rather ticklish apprentice. The shrieks of laughter and surprise only spurred him on farther, until soon Obi-wan was curled, sphere-like, and giggling uncontrollably. ?Do you yield??

9. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Loved it all! :) And then come [face_worried] the tour part and the girl I hope she's ok.

=D= That was very, very good.=D=

Thanks for addding me to the PM list, really thank you.:)

I'll be looking forward to the next part.:) Thats for sure!:)

Geart job keep it up your doing geart! :)

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Nice post.[face_dancing]

it is good to see them being as Father and Son

and poor Ev'lee always on the sharp end of pain.

11. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Lovely post!!~ I hope she's alright....~And very cute with Obi's ticklish spot..:D

12. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Ooh, suspens-iful. :)

Update soon?

-DS

13. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    Poor Ev'lee. I hope she will be okay.
    And that bit with Qui and Obi fighting...so cute! But completely to be expected from you :D . Great job!

More soon I hope!

~Rhi

14. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Uh-oh, I'm in love now with ticklish Obi-Wan! As if I wasn't crazy enough about the character before! Oh well, I guess something new isn't always so bad :p

I'm worried about what you've got in store for poor little Ev'lee now, I have to admit. I'm starting to sense that these things could lay in the nearby future for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, as well, which wouldn't be a good thing at all! I mean, you wouldn't just hurt my favorite Jedi team like that...would you????? [face_worried]

Great update and thanks for the PM! I'm looking forward to another continuation!

15. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Jun 9, 2005
    The first thing that popped into my mind was "pinned ya...pinned ya again!" XD Too much Disney.

awwwwwwwwwwwww! to all except the girl's pain....I hope she lives.

16. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    adawn
    I love this story. I like how you take a mission and have Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan explore the father son relationship and how it differs from the way they were raised. IT also allows exploration into the justification or mistake of the Jedi way of life.
    If you have a pm list please add me to it.
    Thanks

17. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    I'm back!

I went and bought a laptop all for me. I needed a computer for school anyways...

Very cute postie!

More soon, I hope?

~tirra

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh no! I hope the girl is okay!

19. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    please post more!!~

20. adawn

Oct 16, 2005
    Author's note: Hey all. Sorry it took so long to get this updated. Life's been crazy. I'm out of town right now and my access to the net is very sporadic so I don't have a lot of time to respond to each review individually, but I thank you all for your kind comments.

Here's Chapter 14.

It felt like they had been waiting forever, even though Obi-wan knew in reality it had been only about an hour or so. While the panic he had felt when Ev?lee collapsed had quelled somewhat upon the presence of his Master, it did not diminish completely. The worry caused his feet to keep moving as he paced somewhat ungracefully across the waiting area at the med clinic.

//Padawan, come here please//

Startled, the boy stopped dead in his tracks, after a moment he took a deep breath and flopped himself down on the bench beside Qui-Gon.

//You must regain your focus and centre, Obi-wan. Panicking will do nothing for your friend and will only hurt you in the end. I know it is difficult, but you should try a meditation.//

//Yes, Master. I will try.// He felt a twinge of pride as he watched the boy pull his legs up under himself and move into a meditation position right there on the hospital waiting bench. After two padawans he had discovered that much like sleep, children could meditate anywhere. Well, they would try, anyway. By a similar estimation, meditation didn't come easily and naturally to them usually until middle adolescence. Unlike his first two apprentices, however, Obi-wan truly wanted to achieve a state of calm; he was never quite satisfied with his own natural abilities, wanting to emulate his Master as much as he possibly could.

That last came as a thought newly-arisen in Qui-gon, as if rising to the surface after months of existence in his unconscious. That was the fundamental difference in Obi-wan, the thing he couldn't quite put his finger on all these months, the undefinable something that had made him itch in discomfort at the very beginning of their relationship. There was an innocence about Obi-wan that jedi children seldom retained; it was trained out of them. Not intentionally, but rather as a by-product of the rest of their training, they attained a preternatural calm at the cost of childish optimism and excitement.

But Obi-wan, Obi-wan watched with an entirely different level of attention. Qui-gon was valiantly trying to put a name to something he had never seen before but nonetheless recognized. What was it about the boy?

Obi-wan looked to him not only as an example of how to be a Jedi, but as an example of how to be a man, an adult. The sudden realization nearly turned his internal organs to blocks of ice while simultaneously melting something within his heart. Curious, he thought almost distractedly. Apparently fear and exhilaration, shock and calm, can exist at the same time.

Force curse the council for sending us on this mission. They had to have know, they had to have seen...

His rather unjedi-like thoughts were interrupted by the sudden appearance of the B'disth medical facilitator. Both Master and apprentice were on their feet and waiting expectantly for news before the being had a chance to make visual contact.

?Ser di Jinn, I am Talika the Medical facilitator for this resort. I understand you are waiting to hear news of young Ev'lee??

?Yes,? he replied, resting his hands on Obi-wan's shoulders, giving a slight squeeze. ?We were with her when she was brought in and are concerned. She is a friend of my son Ben. What is her condition??

?Well, I'm afraid she is still unconscious, with no immediate signs of waking. Her vitals are stable, but weak. We cannot determine at this time what caused her current condition.?

Cannot or will not? Obi-wan thought, slightly despaired. How could they go this far? Will they do this to others? His internal voice quieted. Will they do this to me?

He felt a squeeze on his shoulder, a large hand running over his hair and a tendril of comfort through the force.

//Not if I can help it, little one.//

Fo

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Hmmm...so the B'disth don't raise their kids. Interesting, interesting. Cute bit at the end there with Obi and Qui holding hands too. More soon!

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

so we learn more about the B'disth
    every post, fascinating [face_hypnotized]

and oh so cute Qui holding Obi's hand
    he should do that more often and lots
    of[:D] as well

thanks for updating your story:D

23. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    ?I will.? With that Qui-gon turned towards the door and held a hand out to Obi-Wan. The boy took his hand and Qui-gon noted how his own hand seemed so massive, or was it that Obi-Wan's was so small? Had it always been that small? Why had he never noticed before?

Perhaps because he had never held his Padawan's hand before, he realized. Giving Obi-Wan's hand a small squeeze Qui-Gon vowed that that would change.

Aww, he's holding his hand, how lovely. Gorgeous update. More soon, please!

-DS

24. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    you have done another amazing job!!~great post;I can't wait to read more~

25. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Jun 9, 2005
    To quote a HP fanfic idea I have: "I'm having warm, fuzzy feelings and I don't know what to do with them!"

Qui is going through all the pre-birth parenting stages, including the oh-so-amused "ohmygodI'maparent!" phase XD. Excellently done. He's so huggable in this fic! *steals him, but puts him back for Obi*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.