main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BDK all the way!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by DarthPaul1971, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Since I nominated Mike I am going to do a little speech on why I think that he deserves your vote.

1) First off, some of you may not know but Mike is one of the founding fathers of this group. If not for his and Jake's vision we may not have a Star Wars Fan group to gather, socailize and have fun with.

B) Experience. Mike has held a seat on the council in the past but because of extenuatig circumstances had to give up his seat.

3) The man has contacts that I think are an asset to this group. Because of him and the generosity of Richie's Armor we have had spectacular tables at Trek Expo and other events that otherwise would have appeared quite barren. Also, I believe it was Mike that put together the dinner with one Mr. Mayhew. No matter what bad things happened that evening, sitting there eating with Chewbacca and his wife totally rocked.

BDK all the way!!

2. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    OK I'm blushing thanks Paul

3. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I'm w/ you Paul! Ok so I may be a little biased... :)

Mike has such a heart & love for this group & SW! I don't think this group would be as successful as it is today w/ out Mike?s original influence. It all started out w/ Jake, Ed, Mike & Mike2. The original MSN boards, the Driller?s event, Episode 2 premier, 1st TrekExpo, & as Paul mentioned we wouldn?t have had such an enjoyable dinner w/ THE Peter Mayhew if it wasn?t for Mike. He?s been involved in the SW community for so long he has so many great contacts that the group has really benefited from! (Between he & Gary, the group is really set!) Before departing to Omaha, he was like the head cheerleader of the group! Always coming up w/ ways for us to get together, outings, coming up w/ new ideas for cool projects & events. Mike worked so hard on trying to help make the 1st expo such a wonderful experience for the group. Encouraging everyone & helping to keep up the excitement level. It was such a great success, everyone working so hard together & pitching in! He may need a kick in the butt at times, but he really kicks butt when it?s time to have things together for a deadline! He makes a great organizer/delegate. He jumps into a project head first & w/ such enthusiasm. Mike has the experience, maturity, loyalty & diplomacy it takes to make a great board member & voice for this group.
    He may be too modest to ask for your vote but I know it would mean so much to him. He cares deeply for all the members, as a group & individually. Lately we might be a little more quiet on the boards then in the past but please don?t let that fool you? if Mike has an official place on the council again he will be committed whole heartedly to anything this group or member asks of him. If he can get me (someone who never knew about stuff or groups like this) to get excited over SW, just think what he could do w/ original fans!

Like Paul said? BDK ALL THE WAY!!!! J

4. QueenOverVader

Jun 27, 2002
    BTW... Ashton's bday party will be the night of the meeting, so how & where can we cast our votes for the council memebers if we are unable to attend?

Jammie

5. QueenOverVader

Jun 27, 2002
    BTW... Ashton's bday party will be the night of the meeting, so how & where can we cast our votes for the council memebers if we are unable to attend?

Jammie

6. QueenOverVader

Jun 27, 2002
    Hey wait, what is up w/ this double post it thingy?!?!

I swear you guys.... I'm not trying to take up all the page on the thread. I'd rather hear your opinions on my snuggly, cuddly, man in the dark cape. SSSSSSSSSShhhhhhh!!!!' Don't tell him I let the secret out about how snuggly he is ;D
    And NO JAKE! His snuggle cape is NOT for you! Maybe for you & Valerie to share though [face_devil]

7. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Heya Jaime,

You can send your vote to either Billy, Gary, or Mike via PM.

Hope that helps!

8. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Calli,

Please see the latest posting on the Absentee Votes. They can be sent to

tulsafanforce@cox.net

I'll PM Billy and Mike2 with the password for the account later today...

-Gary

9. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I would like to say a few things about BDK and why I think you should vote for him Saturday night for one of the council seats.

1. Mike was instrumental in helping me put together the Tulsa FanForce AND in getting everything arranged with Star World 20 for the release of AotC. Regardless of how the theater treated us, a good time was had by all and we all got to see EP II at midnight. We could not have done this without him.

2. Mike's love of Star Wars is eclipsed by only one thing: his love for his family. It was his family responsibilities that required he step away for awhile. I did the same thing myself, and I'm sure anyone would have made the same decision. He is now in a position to assist Gary, Mike, and Billy in leading our group into the future.

That's as simple as it gets. I could tell you how handsome he is, but you already know that. 8-}
    I could go on and on about how nobody can "raise the roof" like Mikey in his Vader costume on the side of the road, but you already know that. If you don't, LMK...I think I still have some pics lying around. They are priceless. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.