main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ BDO 2005

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Solo77 ... I shall think of you in your intoxicated, e-ed up state, stumbling around in the hot sun, as I sit in my corporate box drinking the free drinks and eating the free food, having parked my car in the VIP carpark and entered using my free ticket.

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm not looking forward to going to work on Friday ... I just know half the people will be on 'sick' leave and we'll be really understaffed. Maybe I should get mysteriously sick myself :)

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    STH

Yes but will you be having as much FUN as me? You've got to be down in the action getting amongst it, you know at the grass root level, with the sweaty bodies and semi naked chicks and the bass trying to knock you off your feet! You're out of touch with your common man! :D

Actually i am very jealous, any chance of 'accidentally' letting me sneak on up? I'm not a bad guy, i don't eat much and i keep to myself....well ok so thats a lie.....

I got a free ticket and a ride to and from so i'm happy :cool:

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    man, I will be down at the front, punching my fist in the air and shouting "YES" with the best of them. I can tell you now that tomorrow will be a marathon session of shouting and fist pumping. It's just kinda appealing to have some place to back to in those gaps between bands.

and sadly, no, I'm not allowed to let any non-VIP tagged people into the box. Sorry ...

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I can imagine,

Yes //waves fist// Yes YES //waves fist// yes yes YES yes.

Maybe you'll fit in more if it was "YEAH!"

:p

I worked 12.5 hours today on Dutch Elm Disease, and working survey work in Mt Albert tomorrow, then heading to the zoo for drinking (one or two, as I'll have to drive home probably) and laxing.

Sat night will be huge though. I'm gonna get a heap of $$$ for the previous fornight. Should be good, haven't got boozey-eyed since my 21st, and even then, that was fairly dosile.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > man, I will be down at the front, punching my fist in the air and shouting "YES" with the best of them. I can tell you now that tomorrow will be a marathon session of shouting and fist pumping.

You're going to look quite the fool STH. For Yes are not playing the BDO.

I rank them right up there with Heart & Pat Benetar in my "makes me want to ram pencils in my ears to stop the audio assault" stakes.

7. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    saw some great bands yesterday ... particularly

The Donnas
    The Phoenicx Foundation (always great)
    Le Tigre (fantastic feminist pop/hip-hop/disco/electroclash)
    Evermore
    The Mint Chicks
    The Polyphonic Spree (amazing, with all 24 members on stage, the oout-Flaming Lipped The Flaming Lips)
    Dimmer (with a very nonchalant Anika Moa on backing vocals)

Also, let it be said that System Of A Down are the worst band in the entire world. Honestly, I've never heard such moronic drivel being shouted at an audience from a frontman. Slipknot were just as bad musically, but at least they don't take themselves too seriously.

8. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    After many years of never quite getting around to going i must say i had a great time on Friday. Weather was great, music was great and the amount of talent was superb :D and the smell of herbs was in the air...

My top 5 acts for the day were:

1. Beastie Boys
    2. The Hives
    3. Shihad
    4. The Donnas
    5. Steriogram

Also saw a guy in the shihad mosh with, two great tats an old school obi wan and yoda on his bicep, was pretty cool

9. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    best tatoos ever seen at the BDO ... a woman with pictures of all four members of INXS on her arms. Even INXS wouldn't be rock'n'roll enough to do that!

10. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Now that's commitment.

These tats were really well done, i tried to take a pxt of them but when i checked them he moved a bit so could only see half. then tried again and got a weird look so bailed..........

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Funny, as INXS was a 6 piece.

I hope they also get a tat of the new singer once the forthcoming reality show finds him / her.

12. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    JP, apparently just missed meeting you on Sunday as me and your dodgy brother were swimming off our major hangovers [face_sick] [face_sick]

13. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, LOL. I was like, "oh, that was JP".

hehehe

Solo had about 25 pxt's on his cell, I'd say 17 were of chicks. And funnily enough they were the only ones in focus, :p

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Sorry bout that Solo, we had to dump the kids and dash.

15. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Solo had about 25 pxt's on his cell, I'd say 17 were of chicks. And funnily enough they were the only ones in focus,

"Lies make baby Jesus cry"

16. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    They're having a reality show to find a new member of INXS? //shakes head. I kinda feel they should have retired after Michael's death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.