main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Be excellent to each other...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Apr 4, 2014.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Dear Jedi Council,

As some of you may have noticed, I have been away from the boards for a little while. The truth is, I recently lost my job and I decided to take a much-needed mental break from everything. Since then, I've come to realize that life is leading me in some other directions, and while I still love this place, it is probably best for me to step away from my position as Head Admin. I realized recently that I have been Head Admin for over 4 years now, and a mod for 5, which totally blew me away. But I believe it is time for someone else to take the reigns.

It's been a fun ride, to say the least. From getting thrown into the fire as a JCC Mod, to stepping up as Comms Admin a few months later, and ultimately carrying the torch as Head Admin, I've enjoyed serving as a leader on these boards and I like to think I've made a difference. I'd be lying if I said I've enjoyed every minute of it, because this job certainly isn't always puppies and rainbows. It's far more difficult than you think unless you've experienced it. But overall, I will look back on this as a very positive experience.

So where do we go from here? Luckily, there are already 4 JC admins, and after discussing things amongst ourselves, we have decided with 100% agreement that Ramza will step up to be the next Head Admin. I have no doubt he will do an excellent job. JoinTheSchwarz will continue as the Comms Admin, and LAJ_FETT will continue to be the Tech Admin.

All that said, fear not my friends. You have not gotten rid of me just yet. It is obvious this place still needs a lot of work to update Xenforo and add all those board features we've been talking about since the new boards opened. It has been decided that I will stay on in a tech support role, along the lines of Zerosleep back in the day. I will not have any involvement in any day-to-day board operations, but rather deal solely with the board software and major technical issues.

Lastly, I want to thank every single mod, admin, RSA, and GSA I've worked with over the years. Modding the JC is definitely a team effort, and I never would have had any success if it weren't for all of you. You have my greatest respect and admiration.

So, my friends, in the words of Bill and Ted: Be excellent to each other, and...

[​IMG]

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is somehow even more upsetting than the simultaneous lovefest we are having in Mod Squad. Which is why I will not sing those heartfelt Richard Marx lyrics to you out here in public. You know how I feel about you. I have expressed it through the love we share at IHOP. The other feeling is the Itis from eating at IHOP.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for all your hard work, Grimby!

I hope you manage to get another job soon. You have been one of the three most senior Boards people for as long as I have known of you.

And Ramza, blimey, well done.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Best of luck Grimby, it's good to know you're not going away completely.

Ramza - Congrats. May your administration be fair and shine a bright light on these boards as we continue on into the sequel trilogy era.

Grimby likes this.
  6. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    @Grimby best of luck on the next leg of your RL journey.

Hope to see you around the boards frequently- it's MUCH more fun after you step down. I'd go as far as saying it's puppies and rainbows.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Well deserved promotion for Ramza. Good luck with everything, Grimby.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Grimby I'm sure there'll be better times for you ahead... don't get too down.

Ramza #MathMania has reached the highest levels of power here on the JC! :p

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Excellent choice... congrats, Ramza.

Later, Grimby.

yankee8255 and Zapdos like this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You were good folk, Grimbles. Don't be a stranger.

RamzaStanza... yeah that'll do. IIRC he was actually one of the semi-conscious bots in MS.

Grimby likes this.
  11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    It was a pleasure working with you :)

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Great promotion for Ramza indeed. Grimby, don't be a stranger.

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Sorry to see you go, Grimby. It was a pleasure working with you.

Congrats, Ramza.

Grimby likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I know me stepping down broke your heart Grimby, but this is too much! Your heart will go on I promise! :p=((

Ok, enough silliness. I have truly enjoyed working with you and for you over the years, I know you have been more than appreciated by those of us who know the work you have put in. Thank you, it's not enough, but it's all I got right now. THANK YOU! [face_love]

Grimby likes this.
  15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks, everyone. It's been fun. :)

16. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Ramza Congratulations on the promotion. You deserve it. I know You'll do an excellent job.

Grimby Sorry to see you step down, but I understand. All good things must end. Just don't be a stranger, and visit the JCF as often as you can, Glorious Grimby. I hope that you get a new job, and that it's better than the one you lost.

[:D]
    (to you, Grimby), And as Roy Rogers and Dale Evans use to say,

"Happy trails to you."

:)

J_Girl, jcgoble3 and Grimby like this.
  17. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Sad to see you step-down, Grimbo, but best of luck with all your new adventures. :)

Grimby likes this.
  18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Just catching up with the news.

I think you did a great job as Head Admin Grimby - Especially guiding the JC through it's biggest ever upheval when we moved to Xenforo. It could all have gone horribly, horribly wrong without a head admin that really knew what they was doing.

Congrats and enjoy your retirement. :)

Oh and congrats to Ramza of course. :D

Grimby , Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Ramza i look forward to your reign of terror

if you need advice/logistical help organizing the pogroms, i am always here for you. but im sure you'll do just fine

20. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    No one has been in here to welcome you to the Old Admin's Home? Pah.

Here's a margarita and a chaise.

You did a great job! I'm sure you'll be missed. Ramza, I don't know you that well, but your name is familiar - good luck to you! I'm sure you'll be awesome!

DarthTunick and Grimby like this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Just saw this, I can't say that I know Grimby very well, but I appreciate him and all the other mods and admins keeping the boards in fantastic shape. Good luck with wherever life takes you Grimby!

22. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Thank you for your work here, Grimby! I hope that you find absolute happiness in life

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    See, that's what happens when Comms has no drama, you don't know what's going on.

Bye Ben and thanks for all you've done.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    This is probably one of those things that should've been announced board-wide instead of just Comms. :p