main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Beach Fun

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shindo_Windu, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    I haven't been to the beach in about two years. And it looks like I will finally be going this year. I'm pretty excited, cept for I need to try and work out a tad more^~^ Anyhow, I thought this would be a nifty post to see if anyone's got a funny or memorable beach story.

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Wow, I havent been to the beach since I have been married(going on 11 years!) Not a beach person and neither is the wife. To many things swimming around that would like to make a snack out of me. Plus, I got caught in a BAD undertow once and that was no fun.
    I have thought of taking the kids just so they can see the ocean. As far as swimming goes, my parents have a place at Lake Gaston so thats not a problem.

3. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Back in the day, they used to call me Frog. At age six, I was in the deep end of all the swimming pools chillin'.

4. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    Getting ready to go in a week or 2 to see bike week action.Can't stay long thou April 2005 will be here soon.

5. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Same here Shindo. Probably started swimming before I could walk.

6. FettFan5150

Jan 28, 2003
    Me too my sister would throw me in pool when I was about three. We were still living in Richmond then.Mom would freak out everytime,but there I was swimming like a fish.

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I take it you are excited about April 2005, Fett? ;)

8. FettFan5150

Jan 28, 2003
    That's not the word I had in mind!!!!

9. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    When I was a kid, my family and one of my aunt's family would go in together to rent a house every year at Emerald Isle. My cousin, who was about 4 at the time, kept wanting to go swimming at night, and was really annoying the adults about it. So my dad told her that she couldn't go swimming because they drained the ocean at night and filled it back up every morning. :)

10. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    In certain parts of the world, that's true....
    (Ok, not really)

And Shindo, you went to the beach on Nov. 1st last year with the rest of us... or close a'frickin'nuff

11. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    How about: Juiced, hyped, psyhed.

Thats pretty cute Entropy. I will have to remember that one to use on my kids if the need arrives. :)

12. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    There was also another time when my cousin Jonathan put some smooth moves on a couple of stacked honeys. The year was 1985. He was about 9 at the time, and scrawny as hell. But seeing as how it was the 80's, he was wearing an oversized hot pink muscle shirt that was fully split down the sides and emblazoned with "Awesome!" in a cursive script on the front.

As we are walking down the beach a couple of PYT's came into view walking towards us. Jonathan promptly let out the very manly, prepubescent mating call of "Hhheeeyyy Bbbaaaaaaaabbbbbbyyy!" while simultaneously waving his entire body at them in a suggestive manner (think of someone doing a vertical version of 'the worm' break dancing move). This, of course, caused the babes (who were probably both in their early 20s) to turn and flee for their lives.

Ahhh. Good times. Good times.

13. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    HAhahahahahaha!

I love the beach, personally. I just dont get the opportunity to get up there, enough. And I LOVE to swim, and let me tell you, if you like swimming, then you should try going SCUBA in the ocean. Awesome fun!

By the way, Eddie and Fettfan have lake places? Can we say LAKE PARTY THIS SUMMER??? :D Ok, maybe not, then. But we should try to hit the beach for a day or two, I think that would be fun. So would the lake, but we have to be invited... FETTFAN. Ok, I am just kidding, its all good, hehehehe....

14. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Riff, my parents(especially Daddy) LOVE to party! He's always cooking a pig or something on the weekends up there so if you guys want to get together for a throwdown I'm sure he wouldnt care.

15. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I enjoy the beach at night. I like the sound of the waves crashing and the smell of the salt air, but I can do without all the heat, sand, and people. Over all, I'm more of a mountains type person. I would, however, love to live in a gothic mansion on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

16. FettFan5150

Jan 28, 2003
    There should not be a disturbance in the force with a lake gathering.Jediriff can tell you that.We'll discuss it with the commitee.

17. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    I'm all about fishin', surfin', and scopin' out da booty! We should do something for the summer, fellas.

18. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Everytime I get in the ocean, something pinches the crud out of my toe. I hate crabs, in e-v-e-r-y sense. They don't know when to let go.

19. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I hope the Ham's Girl will be there giving scuba lessons....

20. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    You know that they are not really microscopic crabs right? They just call them that.

21. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    I remember i was swimming at my grandparents house- they used to live right on the Chesapeak (misspelled) Bay and my sister jumped in and was entabled by a jelly fish that was at least 5.5 feet long..... man that was so scary. she got hurt soooooo bad.

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    You can actually handle the clear jellyfish... we used to throw them at each other. :) But the ones that have color on them, anywhere, they can get ya. The WORST are the Portugese Man' o Wars.... They can be deadly. Lately, everytime I have been able to swim at the beach, the blasted jellies have been out in full force. I should take my wetsuit, but I dont want to look like a seal, either, lol...

As far as the lake parties go, all I gotta say is... Oh yeah, we gotta do that this summer. :) Both places, at least twice, hehe. :)

23. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
  24. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    1999, my ex-you-know-what and I ran across one... should let it get her.... ahhh, but I was in love and foolish..

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow, Joe.... you took the sting for her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.