main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Beach Party/Meeting Sat. July 30the at Fort Desoto Park

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay fans,
    We will be having the beach party/meeting on Sat. July 30th at Ft. Desoto Park. I will be there very early to make sure that we get a picnic table with BBQ. Or if anyone has a portable you can bring that also I beleive. Actually I have a George Forman gas grill but will have to check park rules. If anyone else can come, the earlier the better to get tables and such. It does fill us fast come 10 am. The picnic areas are in the trees and shaded and the beach is right over the little dune. There are launching ramps for boats and such. I do have an 8 ft. inflatable dinghy and motor, but have not run the motor in years. If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. We can use this if I have help in transporting it. (this was our water taxi when I lived on a sailboat.
    So let me know.

Food stuff:

hot dogs & buns,
    hamburgers & buns
    anything else you may want for your family.
    salads of various types (make sure you have an ice chest to keep items cold)
    chips, dips
    paper plates, forks,spoons, knives napkins, glasses
    condiments
    drinks, ice and ice chests
    folding chairs, etc. beach stuff.

Please sign up for what you will bring, then we can fill in after that.

This is family event so bring them.
    Thanks

2. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Ross and I are planning to camp out the night before at Ft. Desoto Campground. We got tents and sleeping bags and plenty of insect repellant. It will be in July so expect it to be really hot. I am going Thursday 6/29 to reserve our space. 30 days out and paid up front is the way the park operates. It is really inxepensive and for the outdoorsy folks among us it is a great place to camp without being too far in the wilderness. There are public restrooms and showers and electric hookups at each site. SO [face_shhh] we will be there really early.

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Wow ! that would be cool, but I don't have a tent and Kevin and his family are all packed up. I could sleep in my car I guess. I can use my Da's blow up bed for my back.

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
  5. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    [:D] We have two tents Marie. One sleeps 4 and the other sleeps 4 in the main and 2 in the side dome. I call it my habittrail tent. You know we will always take care of you.

6. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    ill sleep up in the tree with the raccoons, that way i can be theyre leader. maybe

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey I could probably go for that...so I will probably join you guys. We''ll have a great time.

8. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    all hail the raccoon man. im not the leader (yet), but it will work in due time. wish the food was better though. i dont like garbage

9. Hopkins9482

Hopkins9482 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Might be able to join as well pending work schedule...we'll see...

10. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Sithfan, you are more squirrley than cooney. But if you want to lead, coons are a good place to start.[face_monkey]

11. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I have the hotdogs and will also provide the hambugers for the beach party. 16 + dogs and 16-20 hamburgers...home done!!!

12. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    That could be a special! who wants ewok/jar jar burgers? ill provide some dessert this time. so how about smmores? choclolate, grahm crackers, and marshmallows on me folks

13. Allysium

Allysium Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    I can bring potato salad.
    A squirrely smore sandwich??? Hmmm.. interesting combo. LOL 8-}

14. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    my rodent past is catching up to me. I might as well welcome it I guess

15. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Sounds good to me...have not had s'mores in a long time!!!

16. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    ]-} Bump and lets see who is bringing what for the party.

Ross and I are securing 1 campsite at Ft. Desoto Campground for the 29th and 30th of July #155 at a cost of $27.50 per night. Anyone else wishing to secure a site can do so over the internet.

http://pubtitlet.co.pinellas.fl.us/parkspub/PublicSearchByDate.jsp

We are also bringing a coleman gas grill to cook on and a cooler or 2 to keep stuff cold in.
    WE are bringing 2 tents, which is the max you can put on on campsite. We are bringing necessary camping gear/supplies.
    Last but not least, we are bringing the 3 man Seadoo and raft for pulling people in.

Now we need folks to bring: FOOD, Beverages, snax, ICE picnic supplies, ie. utensils and papergoods, a Watermelon or two would probably be a good idea.

Remember it is gonna be hot out there so prepare your foods and beverages accordingly. Be sure to bring towels and lots of sunscreen. Beach umbrellas if you have them, and any beach games you might want to play. Please dress casually and comfortably. There are facilities (Restrooms & showers) there also.

The directions to Ft. Desoto are available on line thru the same link as I put for reservations at the campground. We will be looking forward to catching up with all at this event. There will be further details as to where we will be meeting up because Ft. Desoto is a huge park.

17. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey guys the Fort is a cool place to go, we were just there this past week for the day and took the jet ski with us. We had a great time there, even thou we broke the IMperial Jet Ski I will have it fixed by the tim ethis group outing comes around. The linkage for the steering broke on me close to shore when the rope got cuaght a round the jet outlet. Its not bad just need 2 new plastic bushings and she is back in business very easy to fix. I will have the parts this week I hope and will take me about 20mins. to fix it. So, it will be at the beech running like a raped ape, just she always does. This thing will catch air off small waves.

18. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
  19. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    BUMP....this is going to be a Offical Meeting and Outing I hope you guys are planning on coming out for this? I f you are we need things like food and such. I'm supplying the jet ski and camping site with Denise. And a few things but not a enough to feed everyone. So come on you guys lets make this happen and have a great time out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.