main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beacon of Hope. (Post-DJ, AU.) Post at long last, 5/11/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by flowerbee, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    ?Beacon of Hope?

Summary: What if Jaina went to the darkside saving Anakin at Myrkr? What if Jag?s brother Davin didn?t die, and came with Jag to Hapes?

Except for these changes, the general storyline of the EU remains the same, up to Rebel Dream. Then, things get?wacky.

Notes- For one thing, I?m ignoring Survivors Quest, as I don?t want to deal with the whole Davin/Chak mess. Secondly, the title was generously provided for me by Darth_Elu. Thirdly, say ?kill Jacen? even once, and you will be summarily executed.
    I can only manage to update this twice a week, Thursdays and Tuesdays.

A squadron of mismatched fighters swept through the dark splendor of hyperspace. The squadron was severely depleted, and it?s members exhausted from the recent battle.

Jagged Fel leaned back in his seat, sighing. He had been looking forward to resting on the trip to Borleias, but his brother seemed to have other ideas. ?She was amazing, I?ve never seen maneuvers like that before??

Jag finally snapped. ?Colonel! Please stop??

?I agree,? Gabi Désir, Davin?s wingmate, a recruit from Hapes, chimed in; ?You have been prattling on about that Solo girl for the past hour. Have mercy!?

?Jealous?? Davin asked teasingly. His only response was an uncomfortable snort. Jag smiled to himself, Davin wasn?t a typical Chiss pilot. He hated rules, but loved flying. He listened to his heart. Their father said that he was insane. Their mother said that he was Corellian.

A stern voice flooded the comm. ?Colonel Fel, with all due respect, I must request that you cease your pointless chatter immediately.? Jag heard Davin grumble to himself, but he obeyed Shawnkyr?s ?request?

The squadron was made up, for the most part, of barely functioning craft, which had been scavenged and forced up in the air. A few very brave Hapan volunteers, that were on their way to join the New Republic fleet at Borleias, piloted them.

Jag, Shawnkyr, and Davin were scouts for the Chiss military. Unfortunately, Davin seemed to be taking to these people a bit to easily. Jag had no doubt that Shawnkyr would corner him the moment they landed.

Jag had to admit to being a little upset at hearing his brother gush over Jaina Solo. He didn?t know why; the two of them clashed often. He found her to be arrogant and stubborn. Her mother and brother he got along with; but Jaina-Lieutenant Solo-was like a blazing hot star, a wild thing that wouldn?t be controlled by anything or anyone.

She was the complete opposite of everything he had been taught and trained for.

Then why did he always catch himself thinking of her?

?Hey!? A cheery voice brought him back to the present. ?Wake up, little brother.?

Jag shook his head. ?Just because I don?t talk for twenty seconds doesn?t mean that I?ve fallen asleep.?

?I suppose not. It?s more like twenty hours for you.?

Jag closed his eyes. His father had been trying to drive him crazy by ordering him to go along with Davin. He worried for his brother sometimes.

His cockpit alarms sounded abruptly, and he began to prepare for their reversion to realspace.
    ~~~
    Anakin Solo jerked awake from his uncomfortable position sprawled across the Millennium Falcon?s co-pilot?s seat to his mother shaking him. ?Sorry,? he murmured, struggling to sit up.

She looked vaguely sleepy herself, and just slumped into the seat next to him. The chair had been Chewbacca?s, and was quite large. ?You need to start sleeping on a regular basis, kiddo,? she scolded gently, ?I haven?t seen you sleep once since you?? she paused, that haunted look coming back to her eyes, ?I was sorry to wake you.?

Anakin slid his arm around Leia?s shoulders, ?I?m all right, mom.?

Leia snorted, ?Sure you are,? she looked up at him, ?I see it in your eyes, you?re blaming yourself?again. Don?t do this.?

Leaning further back in the seat, Anakin?s eyes glazed over. ?How may people have to die because of me? Jacen, Chewy??

?Chewie didn?t die

2. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Hi!

a very interesting beginning!

Davin wasn?t a typical Chiss pilot. He hated rules, but loved flying. He listened to his heart. Their father said that he was insane. Their mother said that he was Corellian.
    Ha! I remember the ?I?m raised under Chiss? speech form Jag in DT I: Ruin

?Perhaps you would like to be more cooperative? Then?none of this would be necessary.?
    Let Jacen be strong!

?Cherith,? the old man asked, ?What do you want us to do with the kid??
    Is she who I think she is? :D

Mag

3. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Great start!
    So none of the Fel kids ae actually dead? Cool!

4. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Cool start, Sarah.

*knows there's no hope that this will be K/J*
    *prepares to enjoy it anyway*

5. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Mag- Hi yourself! And probably, yes.

Kat- Thanks!

Gina- There's always hope...[face_devil] Who knows?

6. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
  7. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Nice start so far Sarah!

:Targeter:

8. Jagsgrl412

Jagsgrl412 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2004
    Very nice start, can you give us a hint on what romance may be coming???

9. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Um, no. I haven't thought of it myself. I do realize I would loose about 90 percent of my readers if I tried a different ship, but...[face_plain]

10. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Really cool, I enjoyed it!

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Great start Sarah. [face_love] :p

Are a lot of people going to die? [face_devil]

12. Yun-Harla_loves_Jag

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
    I don't say that too often

I almost thought you killed him but you didn'y for a few moments i was in pure bliss until well i found out he was not dead meany

Anyway loved the story can't wait for more!

13. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    awesome job!

14. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    :) I'm liking this. :)

Good start!

---MistiWhitesun

15. Exploded-Girl

Exploded-Girl Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    NO! No K/J!! So Dav and Cher are alive, huh? Interesting start, Sarah!

More soon?!

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I meant to read this earlier today, but I kept forgetting [face_blush]

Thirdly, say ?kill Jacen? even once, and you will be summarily executed.
    I can only manage to update this twice a week, Thursdays and Tuesdays.

I'm going to have to watch myself [face_worried]

:p

Their father said that he was insane. Their mother said that he was Corellian.

[face_laugh]

but Jaina-Lieutenant Solo-was like a blazing hot star, a wild thing that wouldn?t be controlled by anything or anyone.

o_O this is going to be interesting if the Fel brothers start fighting over her.

?Chewie didn?t die because of you! Jacen was finishing the mission, he knew what he was doing, that wasn?t your fault,? she glared at him, causing him to look away. ?Nor was it Jaina?s. You need to accept that,? she finished, her voice softening. ?I don?t like watching my babies suffer.?

Interesting choice leaving the ending to the Myrkr mission basically the same, with Jacen in Vong captivity [face_thinking]

Han and Tahiri had been rather giddy. Han had forced Tahiri to take a sip of his whiskey and mayhem had ensued.

That does sound like a mistake :p

And Jacen is being rescued it appears :D

Good start, I look forward to more :) I really like the idea for this fic.

17. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I realise that everyone else has said this, buit great start to a hopefully excellent story.

Is Dav as hot as Jag?

Sorry, bout that, it was just a random thought,

~Ann

18. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Briman- Thanks, I'm glad!

Elu- Erhh...Maybe.

Yuny- [face_plain] Yeah, I'm sure that's why the nice mod payed us a visit. I'm keeping Jacen alive to torment you! [face_devil]

15- Thanks!

MistiWhitesun- Thanks! :)

Kelsey- Mmmf. Perhaps.

YK- Hi! I'm going to have to watch myself Yes...:D You can choose your method of execution.Thank you for reading!!

Ann- You will learn more on Dav later. When did you start signing "Ann"? You are giving me that icon.

As I do not have this written up yet, the next post is on Tuesday; I plan to stick to a schedule on this one.

If you want a PM, or anything, give me a call.

19. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    There is only like 1 or 2 icons of orli :eek:

Anyways, I've signed off with Ann for ages now, like a week or so.

So much easier than typing Anastasia and Sam is too boring.

~Ann

20. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Exactly why I sign Kat! JS59 is boring and Kathleen is too long!

21. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Very interesting premise. It's a nice change to see Tsavong Lah playing an active role in Jacen's shaping, although Vergere's force abilities don't seem to be as much of a secret. And having Davin alive and gushing about Jaina? Poor Jaggie.

And, yay, possibilities for Anakin and Tahiri bonding. Eh, right? :D Great start!

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great story, Sarah!!! I feel sorry for Dav and Jag. J/J/D? *shakes head* please don't do that!!!

Ann:
    Sam is too boring

Sam is not boring! I love that name!!

Is Dav as hot as Jag?

I think I read somewhere that Dav looks like Jag and Soontir, so yes :D

23. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    Nat, I'm having conflicting interests here.

I don't know who I like more in this fic, Jag or Dav!!

U can call me Sam if you'd like, I don't really care.

~Ann

24. Exploded-Girl

Exploded-Girl Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    Hey, Kat, my mom's name (and my middle name) is Kathleen!

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Sam/Ann: Whichever you prefer :)

I am too!!! We should clone Jaina so they can both have one! I wish that one of htem (I don't care which) didn't have feelings for her!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.