main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beacon of Hope. (Post-DJ, AU.) Post at long last, 5/11/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by flowerbee, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    ?Jaina,? he said slowly, ?you can?t see me, can you??

:eek:

OH NO!

If she's permanently blind, Sithie better stick around and take care of her!

DO YOU HEAR ME, KYP?! TAKE CARE OF JAINA!

:D Great post, Sarah.

2. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Well, as I so rudely stated elsewhere... it's time for me to go.

I know I was going to stay to finish this, but I've had other problems since.

It's been great, sorry about all this. :( It may take a bit, but this will be finished... somewhere. That, I promise.

In other words, goodbye and goodluck to you all.

I hope you come and visit me sometime. [:D]

3. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    :_|

I'm sorry your time at the JC is ending, Sarah. [:D]

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'll really miss you around here, Sarah [:D]

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Goodbye, bee :(

6. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    we'll miss you sweetie!!!

~*Whisper*~

7. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Attention, little people!

Yes, it's me. You may wonder what the heckfire I'm doing here. Well, I've cooled off slightly. :p

Via request from YodaKenobi, I am going to finish this up. I loathe fanfiction.net and seeing this go unfinished is eating at me. Plus I want to up this so I can find the bloody url once we move.

As I am rather swamped with school right now, I leave you with a trailer. :)

"What?" Kyp asked wearily. He just had to keep her talking. There was no telling what they'd done to her. If she was hallucinating it had to be worse than he'd thought. She'd seemed perfectly sane a minute ago.

Just when thought it couldn't get any worse...

"You're glowing." She smiled; her blood-caked face an eerie site in the dim light.

"Jaina." He took her hand; she pushed it off, as she always did. "I need you to stay with me. Concentrate. Whatever you're seeing... it can't be real."

But he had the oddest sensation that wasn't entirely true.

Jaina suddenly looked over his shoulder, her face twisting with suspicion. "It's real."

They weren't alone.

*runs away, hopes YK doesn't kill her* I swear, next week, I will be free of my crazy conductor and I can write again!

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Sarah

*hugs*

i am glas you will finish this :)

~Mag~

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Looks good :D Glad you're back, Bee :)

10. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Glad to see that you're back! :D

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hooray! You're back! :D

12. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Yay! I can't wait to see this finished!

Evil little teaser, quite evil. . .

13. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    You come back, with a little thing like that, and expect us to forgive you? :eek: [face_not_talking]

:p

Suppose it beats nothing though ;) Glad to have ya back Sarah, it's been weird without you.

14. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Well, with another prod from YK ( :p ) and in hopes of helping the boards back into sorts, I present to you a post!

One thing, besides A bit of H/L A/T, don't expect me to get really romantic.

It's short, I know, but I wanted to get it up before I was kicked off and lost my plot-bunnies. :p

Jaina kept looking straight at the coral hunk that served as a wall. ?No.?

Kyp buried his head in his hands. ?I?m sorry.?

?Not much we can do about it, is there??

He didn?t respond. What was he supposed to say? Anything sympathetic would only get him snapped at.

A few moments later, he heard a small gasp. Jaina stiffened slightly. ?What is that??

"What?" Kyp asked wearily. He just had to keep her talking. There was no telling what they'd done to her. If she was hallucinating it had to be worse than he'd thought. She'd seemed perfectly sane a minute ago.

Just when thought it couldn't get any worse...

"You're glowing." She smiled; her blood-caked face an eerie site in the dim light.

"Jaina." He took her hand; she pushed it off, as she always did. "I need you to stay with me. Concentrate. Whatever you're seeing... it can't be real."

Jaina suddenly looked over his shoulder, her face twisting with suspicion. "It's real."
    ~ ~ ~

?How is she??

Han Solo barely heard his son?s voice. He held his ailing wife in his arms, doing his best to make her as comfortable as possible. It wasn?t much, but at least gave him the illusion of doing something. Leia was always so strong? now she could do little more than cough (and protest that she was fine and they should stop fawning over her while there was work to be done).

There was indeed, quite a bit to do. While Anakin and Tahiri had jointly managed to rid the ship of the invaders, the engines were completely blown out. They were dead in space. Potentially hostile space, too.

Han supposed he should help his son make repairs? but how could he leave Leia when it seemed each breath might be her last? Her breath was ragged, even though she had been sleeping almost-soundly for an hour now.

?Dad?? Anakin prodded, more, he suspected to distract him than of an actual desire to know his mother?s condition. That, he could see for himself.

Han sighed and glanced over to his son. ?About the same. She?s sleeping now.?

Anakin tentatively sat on the edge of the bed. ?She?s trying to heal herself, Dad. You aren?t doing any good here. I can stay with her??

Han gave his son a scowl, but Anakin continued, not in the least cowed. ?Could you think about this, please? You know I can actually help her. And you can actually help the engines. They only really behave for you.?

Han noted a bit of a scared teenager still in Anakin?s voice. A bit of the child he thought long since dead. His family was falling apart.

But what good would be served by letting the Falcon fry poor Tahiri?

?We all have to do what we do best, now,? Anakin said quietly, echoing his thoughts. He edged closer, taking his mother?s hand. ?Now go on. Or I?ll tell mom you were moping when she wakes up,? he said, putting a very determined emphasis on the last words.

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Well, with another prod from YK ( :p ) and in hopes of helping the boards back into sorts, I present to you a post!

*Hides cattle prod* Huh?

What the heck is going on? :p Glowing makes me think Kyp is dead and a ghost :p I hope this is just Jaina's disease making her crazy.

And now Anakin is going to try and heal Leia :) Hope it works.

Nice work, flowerbee :) I'm so glad to see this fic updated, and thanks again for posting :D

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
  17. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Sarah:

Hi! [:D]

:eek:

but then he was taking her hand, wasn?t he? *hopes* :p :D
    and she had to look over his shoulder :) ;) :D

?How is she??

*sniff* poor Leia... she will be well, won?t she *sniff*

~Mag~

18. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Kyp is... glowing?

I have a very bad feeling about that.

:( Poor Han! If you kill Leia, I swear.... :p